Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Eh...isn't it from back when he was with us?

Hah, I was just playing dumb. I wanted a reaction but now you've played it too straight. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

That Snapchat is a fake

There i said it.

jayo26 wrote: »
    That Snapchat is a fake

There i said it.

Wouldn't exactly be difficult to do.

Wouldn't exactly be difficult to do.

Nope just save someone's name as anto griezman and get them to post the Pogba picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

bangkok wrote: »
    gundogan played 40 games for Dortmund last season.

also i think scholes meant it might take Mkhitayran a bit longer to adjust to the league than gundogan.

thats fair enough, its his opinion

Seeing as Gundogan won't play until the new year,his point is moot.

zerks wrote: »

Dont think he is out that long I think he back around September

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,217 ✭✭✭Justin10

That snapchat is fake. I have Antoine on snapchat and beleive it or not he goes by Anto

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Thought he said himself he will be back end of August

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Anyone else getting sick of hearing scholes moaning none stop..
    Nothing the Club does is good enough for him..
    I preferred him when he said nothing at all

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

brinty wrote: »

Had hoped it would end with LVG leaving; that it was an anti-Van Gaal thing with him. Hope it doesn't continue this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Always said it he was been controversial just to keep himself in spotlight for media jobs and that is all it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Always said it he was been controversial just to keep himself in spotlight for media jobs and that is all it is.

What has he said that's been controversial?

What has he said that's been controversial?

Most of his comments about united since he retired have been against the club and managers. Maybe not controversial but certainly have been over the top to get a reaction.

I'm pleased to announce that martial has started following united again all is well.

Screenshot_20160725_190124.pngimage upload no size limit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

Most of his comments about united since he retired have been against the club and managers. Maybe not controversial but certainly have been over the top to get a reaction.

I don't see how being critical of the club over the last 3 years is controversial considering the club has finished outside the top 4 in two of those seasons and generally played ****e for all 3.

And he said both Moyes and Van Gaal needed more time and should not be sacked.

At least we aren't top of the most hated club league anymore,Chelsea have taken that title.

League of hate results

1) Chelsea
    2) Manchester United
    3) Liverpool
    4) Manchester City
    5) Arsenal
    6) Tottenham
    7) Stoke
    8) West Ham
    9) Sunderland
    10) West Brom

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-chelsea-mourinho-11661150

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Is it just me or does scholes sound bitter over something

Loved him as a player but Meh after that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

zerks wrote:
    At least we aren't top of the most hated club league anymore,Chelsea have taken that title.

I'd love to be top of that table. People don't hate unsuccessful clubs, if we're topping that table, we're doing something right ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

Is it just me or does scholes sound bitter over something

Yeah, sounds bitter over something, but I don't know what it could be. Maybe that Giggsy didn't get the top job?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Pogba with a cryptic instagram of himself and Raoila with "we say it all by saying nothing at all"

PogbON.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭sigmundv

zerks wrote:

Think we'll be back on top of that table again soon.

Half price Sky Sports for 6 months and you aren't locked into a contract:

http://www.sky.com/ireland/tv/sports/?DCMP=afc-473347&affiliate=true

Might be handy for a few here.

Also if you have Sky or even a Skybox and have Eir Broadband you can get Bt sports on it free (or use somebody else's Eir account who doesn't need the BT channels ;) )

sigmundv wrote: »
    Think we'll be back on top of that table again soon.

I was waiting for somebody to utter the immortal phrase "NEXT YEAR!!":pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

zerks wrote:
    Half price Sky Sports for 6 months and you aren't locked into a contract:

If any United fans want Sky even cheaper, I could sort something out ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

I don't see how being critical of the club over the last 3 years is controversial considering the club has finished outside the top 4 in two of those seasons and generally played ****e for all 3.

And he said both Moyes and Van Gaal needed more time and should not be sacked.

precisely! And people on a thread moaning about a former player calling out decisions of the managers/club//owners/players performances when 90% of the thread posts over last few years have been negative!

Scholes knows a lot more about mangers, players, everything to anyone on this thread it would be a fair assumption to make.

But he is a bit of a grump alright, always has been!

If any United fans want Sky even cheaper, I could sort something out ;)

cough mobdro cough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

stankratz wrote: »
    Thought you made a heel turn when I read some of your posts on Saturday night Doc, you seemed...different.

Were you #9 last year and had a brilliant year for the company? And now a living legend in your field has been brought into the company, he's been given your #9 without you being informed, and now you're #11 and not happy?

I've heard of it happening before alright.

Yeah i was actually in a fowl mood Saturday nigjt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Always find it hard to disagree with Alex Shaw.

https://twitter.com/AlexShawESPN/status/757647444683390976

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Yeah. That kind of thing irks me. Hazard and his red or blue thing a few years ago :rolleyes: just f*ck off tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If you think Pogba is still undecided then it looks a bit dickish of him but if the deal is done bar Juventus negotiating a fee then their comments are playful at worst. Its all in the detail, and the lack of it.

Just detach yourself from caring and it becomes so easy and almost entertaining.

Possible this could end up like United and Ronaldo. Stays one extra year to try and win the champions league.. In this case try win the champions league but also let Madrid make moves to raise the funds.

I'm at the stage now where pick up the phone to Matic's agent.

Rochey18 wrote: »
    Possible this could end up like United and Ronaldo. Stays one extra year to try and win the champions league.. In this case try win the champions league but also let Madrid make moves to raise the funds.

how in anyway could Pogba's situation when he inevitably joins be akin to Ronaldo's arrival and eventual departure?!

I probably could see him moving on in a few years but thats all hypothetical. Same with Martial maybe, maybe even Rashford, maybe even Shaw. De Gea's situation is more close to Ronaldos.

Pogba hasnt even arrived!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Yeah honestly I have no tolerance for it. I'd rather we look elsewhere if it isn't signed soon and for the first time in an age, I get the feeling the club will not pander to it. Either he signs soon or we get another player and move on.

Best case scenario with Pogba is he stays for 2-3 years before heading to Madrid.

how in anyway could Pogba's situation when he inevitably joins be akin to Ronaldo's arrival and eventual departure?!

I probably could see him moving on in a few years but thats all hypothetical. Same with Martial maybe, maybe even Rashford, maybe even Shaw. De Gea's situation is more close to Ronaldos.

Pogba hasnt even arrived!

Apologies.. I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed at Juve an extra year and then head to Madrid... As was the case with Ronaldo.

cough mobdro cough

Shh.....I remember when that app was on the play store and I put the link in the Android Forum,the place went mental for it.It's much improved now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

God no. We actually have quite a bit of talent in midfield, just it has been criminally underused in the last few years.

If MU cannot get Pogba to sign then they shouldn't settle for 2nd best. If he goes to RM this year then we have missed nothing, as he never wanted MU in the 1st place. He he hangs around for another year with Juve, a la Ronaldo, then we should do everything to convince him during that year to go with us, like winning the EPL and getting back into the CL.

MU have more than enough for top 4 with the squad we have, if played correctly. getting any other player in instead of Pogba will just look like th booby prize and every mistake he makes will be magnified against Pogba's brilliance.

Forget about a cast off CM and go for a top class CB, or RB

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Scholes has become moany Scholes.

I think he wanted Giggs as manager and maybe he and Giggs had talked about it, and he would have been given a role.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Madrid have an upcoming transfer ban don't they?

Which means if he doesn't move there this summer he can't until 2018 at least.

• Advertisement

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Yeah honestly I have no tolerance for it. I'd rather we look elsewhere if it isn't signed soon and for the first time in an age, I get the feeling the club will not pander to it. Either he signs soon or we get another player and move on.

Best case scenario with Pogba is he stays for 2-3 years before heading to Madrid.

But the transfer may well be done and dusted anyway. Just waiting for formalities to be carried out, which have been dragged out through both the Euros, the Man Utd Asia tour and even Pogba's holidays. Then there is all the image rights negotiations etc. All parties probably know its a done deal, just cant be announced until everything is sorted.

Its not like a Kolo or a Joe Allen transfer!!! (both of which, for all we know could have been dragged out for the last two months but of course the media had no interest!!) There is a lot of money, paperwork etc involved in this and you cant begrudge a delay of same when the player involved is on his holidays after a very long season.

It is very rare a huge transfer like this doesn't take a month or so to be finalised. Bale and Ronaldo's transfers were probably already being planned and paperwork put together before end of the season but Pogbas situation is very different. You have to imagine Jose's announcement was huge factor in both the club's and his decision (a situation that Ronaldo/Bale weren't in as they already knew who they would be playing under before the end of season)

Also Ronaldo moved in a non international tournament year which sped up all admin work as did Bale.

Pogba's coming. The only thing that is being dragged out is him standing outside stadium with jersey back in his hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Yeah, I'm not going to complain if we move on. Seems like they are taking the club for a ride now

Madrid can't sign Pogba for the best part of two years so he's not going anywhere if he stays put this summer, I don't see another club putting that cash up. Say what you like about City and PSG but when was the last time they paid over £50 million for a player let alone 100 million

Apologies.. I'm saying I wouldn't be surprised if he stayed at Juve an extra year and then head to Madrid... As was the case with Ronaldo.

sorry, i came across very strong there!! Just didnt understand the context!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Got to agree. Ed should simply leave an offer on the table and tell them they have till Thursday to accept or not. This would then allow us time to look for other targets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Its not even August ffs, you would swear half of ye never went thru a saga in your lives.

DeadKermit.png

Yeah, I'm not going to complain if we move on. Seems like they are taking the club for a ride now

Madrid can't sign Pogba for the best part of two years so he's not going anywhere if he stays put this summer, I don't see another club putting that cash up. Say what you like about City and PSG but when was the last time they paid over £50 million for a player let alone 100 million

Eh David Luiz two year ago for psg and came close to it summer after for di Maria from us. They would spend a lot more if ffp allowed them.

Not city have spent us 50 million on two players last summer de bruyne and sterling.

People saying about pogba taking us for a rod what hashe he done?

It's the media taking the fans for a ride..
    Pogba posted a cryptic msg so what how do we know its not juve holding up the deal?

If pogba actually does want to go to madrid and is stalling then it's not his fault I'd prefer hime to stall now.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

This Pogba saga is upsetting me i don't like being upset

Thanks for reminding me why I hate reading Roy Curtis feel a bit dirty after clicking the link but that horribly written piece should hold me for another 10 years at least.

• Yeah, I'm not going to complain if we move on. Seems like they are taking the club for a ride now

City paid near 50 for Wright-Philips 2.0

• zerks wrote: »

League of hate results

1) Chelsea
    2) Manchester United
    3) Liverpool
    4) Manchester City
    5) Arsenal
    6) Tottenham
    7) Stoke
    8) West Ham
    9) Sunderland
    10) West Brom

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/man-utd-news-chelsea-mourinho-11661150
    I prefer when we are to be honest, hate = fear

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement