Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I prefer when we are to be honest, hate = fear

I think a few secretly felt sorry for us over the last 3 years.When teams beat you that have never done then you know the fear factor is gone.I'm sure Jose will have it back sooner than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Not really sure why people having a go at scholes, here is a player who played with United all his career, won everything at the club, was constantly challenging for leagues and champions leagues, a genius of a player.

He became a pundit at a time when fergie left the club, David moyes was appointed and fellaini was signed. Club did crap, from champions to not even making top 4, it was an embarrassment.

Van gaal was then appointed, spent a quarter of a billion on players and the football actually got worse. He got rid of about 11 players who were probably better than most of the players he had at the club.

Boards was in meltdown, everyone wanted both moyes and van gaal sacked, yet scholes is seen as negative?! I just don't get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

I think this is a done deal after seeing that tweet. Its like their celebrating something big has happened i.e Pogba has become the most expensive footballer in history and Raoila gets his cut of the deal. It cant be officially announced until Juve or Man Utd agree to it hence the say nothing at all quote. Maybe I am clutching at straws;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

billyhead wrote: »
    I think this is a done deal after seeing that tweet. Its like their celebrating something big has happened i.e Pogba has become the most expensive footballer in history and Raoila gets his cut of the deal. It cant be officially announced until Juve or Man Utd agree to it hence the say nothing at all quote. Maybe I am clutching at straws;)

What tweet is this now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

you arent clutching at straws. Its exactly the situation!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What tweet?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What tweet?
    I meant his comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I meant his comments

Whose comments? What have I missed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Rochey18 wrote: »
    That snapchat is fake. I have Antoine on snapchat and beleive it or not he goes by Anto

What's his snapchat name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,777 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

So Pogba publicly declares his liking of Ronan Keating...... can't blame him, Ronan is a talent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

brinty wrote: »
    Anyone else getting sick of hearing scholes moaning none stop..
    Nothing the Club does is good enough for him..
    I preferred him when he said nothing at all

Remember when he first started being a pundit and a lot of people sided with him, mainly due to it being the poor spell and everyone being critical of the team.

Now it's clear most fans are quickly getting sick of his constant moaning and negativity :pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

What's his snapchat name?

anto.griezmann i think

bangkok wrote: »
    Not really sure why people having a go at scholes, here is a player who played with United all his career, won everything at the club, was constantly challenging for leagues and champions leagues, a genius of a player.

He became a pundit at a time when fergie left the club, David moyes was appointed and fellaini was signed. Club did crap, from champions to not even making top 4, it was an embarrassment.

Van gaal was then appointed, spent a quarter of a billion on players and the football actually got worse. He got rid of about 11 players who were probably better than most of the players he had at the club.

Boards was in meltdown, everyone wanted both moyes and van gaal sacked, yet scholes is seen as negative?! I just don't get it

Most were siding with his opinions (from what I saw) during Moyes reign, the support started to dwindle of late. Think his comments about Pogba has also turned a lot of fans against him.

At times he does speak sense. But he tends to stick towards negative journalism. The majority of his articles are him complaining about players and performances rather than anything positive.

Also, of course everyone loved him as a player and respected him but you judge his journalism and punditry career as it is. You shouldn't let his playing career affect your opinions on his views too much.

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Remember when he first started being a pundit and a lot of people sided with him, mainly due to it being the poor spell and everyone being critical of the team.

Now it's clear most fans are quickly getting sick of his constant moaning and negativity :pac::pac:

Imagine what his Boards.ie account posts would be like

Imagine what his Boards.ie account posts would be like

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if he had an account on the sly :L

Most were siding with his opinions (from what I saw) during Moyes reign, the support started to dwindle of late. Think his comments about Pogba has also turned a lot of fans against him.

At times he does speak sense. But he tends to stick towards negative journalism. The majority of his articles are him complaining about players and performances rather than anything positive.

Also, of course everyone loved him as a player and respected him but you judge his journalism and punditry career as it is. You shouldn't let his playing career affect your opinions on his views too much.

Nothing really positive last 3 years in fairness, there was even a few on here hoping we would lose the fa cup final just so van gaal would be sacked!!!! Now that's negative

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me if he had an account on the sly :L

tZOS8.gif

• Advertisement

bangkok wrote: »
    Nothing really positive last 3 years in fairness, there was even a few on here hoping we would lose the fa cup final just so van gaal would be sacked!!!! Now that's negative

I agree with what you are saying about the people hoping we would lose, I remember that, and it was ridiculous.

I know there has been a lot of failure and poor moments in the last 3 years but the point of Scholes is he seems to look for the negative in things and loves bringing it up all the time. He likes to mention the failures and the possible failures rather than looking at positive sides. Is he wrong? No, a lot of the time it is valid. But does it get monotonous seeing the negative side constantly and no glimmer of hope mentioned? Yes, without question.

To bring an example of how he likes to bring up the failure and negativity, when asked if Allardyce will succeed as English manager his comments were
    “I hope so, time will tell. Whenever there is a new manager, you hope so.

"When Louis van Gaal was appointed, we hoped he was the right man to manage Manchester United, but it didn’t really work out well.

“We hoped Moyes was the right man, and now we hope Mourinho is the right man. You just don’t know.

As said before the first part is valid, but then he goes back to concerns about United and mentioning our recent years, something not quite necessary for the question he was asked and is just one of many examples of times where he likes to bring up the bad rather than look at the good.

It's all just matters of opinions on whether some people like his style or not. Like I said, a lot of times he speaks sense, but my god it wouldn't hurt him to take a bit of positivity or hope into his opinions :P

I agree with what you are saying about the people hoping we would lose, I remember that, and it was ridiculous.

I know there has been a lot of failure and poor moments in the last 3 years but the point of Scholes is he seems to look for the negative in things and loves bringing it up all the time. He likes to mention the failures and the possible failures rather than looking at positive sides. Is he wrong? No, a lot of the time it is valid. But does it get monotonous seeing the negative side constantly and no glimmer of hope mentioned? Yes, without question.

To bring an example of how he likes to bring up the failure and negativity, when asked if Allardyce will succeed as English manager his comments were

As said before the first part is valid, but then he goes back to concerns about United and mentioning our recent years, something not quite necessary for the question he was asked and is just one of many examples of times where he likes to bring up the bad rather than look at the good.

It's all just matters of opinions on whether some people like his style or not. Like I said, a lot of times he speaks sense, but my god it wouldn't hurt him to take a bit of positivity or hope into his opinions :P

Yea Scholes loves United though, he couldn't really give a toss about England so brought the question back to being about United.

If United do well this season, playing good football and scoring goals Scholes will be delighted and you will see a different pundit.

astradave wrote: »

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

There are 7,809,302 (on average) similar "will be closed by" every day! Imagine this being your day job!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What happened to Monday And Tuesday!!!

What happened to Monday And Tuesday!!!

Don't worry, Come this Friday and Saturday it will be "Pogba transfer will be closed by Monday or Tuesday" and so on and so forth.........

• Advertisement

Don't worry, Come this Friday and Saturday it will be "Pogba transfer will be closed by Monday or Tuesday" and so on and so forth.........

Well Sky Italia are saying Juve will sort it after they sign Higuain who is not supposed to sign till next week :pac: imagine another week of this.. the fallout will be mental :D

Sky Italia saying Juve want the Higuain deal finished before agreeing the sale of Pogba to United.

Well Sky Italia are saying Juve will sort it after they sign Higuain who is not supposed to sign till next week :pac: imagine another week of this.. the fallout will be mental :D

The negativity will be like the good old days though ;)

I guess that makes sense alright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Well Sky Italia are saying Juve will sort it after they sign Higuain who is not supposed to sign till next yweek :pac: imagine another week of this.. the fallout will be mental :D

The outrage will be insane especially seeing as we allowed our number two target join stoke today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

As I said yesterday could you all just relax, the deal will be done in time. Given the figures involved it's complexity will see this last another week or two
    For me it's not a case of when but if..

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

As I said yesterday could you all just relax, the deal will be done in time. Given the figures involved it's complexity will see this last another week or two

Aye, just a little patience, everything in good time.

astradave wrote:
    Well Sky Italia are saying Juve will sort it after they sign Higuain who is not supposed to sign till next week imagine another week of this.. the fallout will be mental

Dave you got some weird sources but good on you
    Didn't Higuain do his medical already so it's the paperwork that needs sorting now which could be days or a week as this is at present the second biggest deal of the summer.

When did you turn into such a logical poster, get back into the cabin of the positivity plane while chatting up the women on boards :D

#slut

astradave wrote:
    When did you turn into such a logical poster, get back into the cabin of the positivity plane while chatting up the women on boards

Dave don't you know I'm #ITK with all this plane hopping ;)
    the deal will be confirmed on the 32nd of July
    Cookie and MarsBar are going an excellent job on the #positivityplane
    Jayo on the other hand
    Can't stop drooling about pogba ...

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Ye think waiting for a transfer to be done & dusted is a pain, try waiting for a new Metallica or Tool album...

I guess the short n' sweet is: It'll be done when it's done.

Dave don't you know I'm #ITK with all this plane hopping ;)
    the deal will be confirmed on the 32nd of July
    Cookie and MarsBar are going an excellent job on the #positivityplane
    Jayo on the other hand
    Can't stop drooling about pogba ...

Ya wat mate???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I have plans on Wednesday can we move the imaginary deadline to Thursday evening?

I have plans on Wednesday can we move the imaginary deadline to Thursday evening?

Apparently according to Sport del Bullis**tio an announcement predicting an announcement date for the announcement of the transfer will be announced some day within the next few hours or days or weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Did people really expect the biggest transfer in world history to happen why United are away in China?

It suits everyone to wait.

• Advertisement

But the transfer may well be done and dusted anyway. Just waiting for formalities to be carried out, which have been dragged out through both the Euros, the Man Utd Asia tour and even Pogba's holidays. Then there is all the image rights negotiations etc. All parties probably know its a done deal, just cant be announced until everything is sorted.

Its not like a Kolo or a Joe Allen transfer!!! (both of which, for all we know could have been dragged out for the last two months but of course the media had no interest!!) There is a lot of money, paperwork etc involved in this and you cant begrudge a delay of same when the player involved is on his holidays after a very long season.

It is very rare a huge transfer like this doesn't take a month or so to be finalised. Bale and Ronaldo's transfers were probably already being planned and paperwork put together before end of the season but Pogbas situation is very different. You have to imagine Jose's announcement was huge factor in both the club's and his decision (a situation that Ronaldo/Bale weren't in as they already knew who they would be playing under before the end of season)

Also Ronaldo moved in a non international tournament year which sped up all admin work as did Bale.

Pogba's coming. The only thing that is being dragged out is him standing outside stadium with jersey back in his hands
    RobertKK wrote: »
    Did people really expect the biggest transfer in world history to happen why United are away in China?

As I said earlier. Its not like ordering a TV stand off argos catalogue and waiting for it to be gathered from the warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

RobertKK wrote:

Exactly. No point in him flying in to be presented by anyone else bar Jose. They're certainly not going to make him travel to China.

Can see it being wrapped up this week. Can't wait for the season to start!!

RobertKK wrote: »

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

brinty you're a legend pal, don't ever change

jayo26 wrote:
    Ya wat mate???

You're all good
    Might as well tell you now
    #employeeofthemonth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Is it just me or are Juve doing terribly out of this window if they buy Higuain at the price touted???

Losing the biggest prospect in world football for a 29 year old striker plus 10 million. (Assuming it's 100 million without agents fees and 90 for Higuain).

Like, that's an awful window in terms of the overall squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

gosplan wrote: »
    Is it just me or are Juve doing terribly out of this window if they buy Higuain at the price touted???

Losing the biggest prospect in world football for a 29 year old striker plus 10 million. (Assuming it's 100 million without agents fees and 90 for Higuain).

I think they've done well. brought in Alves, Benatia,Pjaca,Pjanic and potentially Matic. granted Higuain in a rip off but with Pogba money its only costing them 30-40mill for a proven Serie A striker

gosplan wrote: »

I would agree with you on what you have mentioned but overall they have done well with straightening there squad. Pjanic and benatia are quality players and higuain is also a top player.

if you judged our window on signing pogba for 100 million it looks poor but if you looked at getting ibra,miki,bailley and pogba for 160 million I think it looks like a great window.

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I think they've done well. brought in Alves, Benatia,Pjaca,Pjanic and potentially Matic. granted Higuain in a rip off but with Pogba money its only costing them 30-40mill for a proven Serie A striker

Reports this morning that they are going to bring in Witsel for 20m euro too.. that's an absolute steal.

• Advertisement

Reports this morning that they are going to bring in Witsel for 20m euro too.. that's an absolute steal.

I think he is a fantastic player and 20 million for him is a snip.

Don't think we could handle two hairy Belgians tho bangkok would lose his mind

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement