Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭larchielads

Lads if higuain signs for juve for the reported 94 or 97 m euro will that make him the 2nd most expensive player in the world?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Just seen pics on Facebook of the lads flying back and thought God we're so lucky to have De Gea, love the fella. And Shaw too, great prospect but what a great person too by all accounts.*

*I may have drunk some beers already and would love just about anybody at the minute but it's 3.30 where I am and on honeymoon so it's allowed! :D

When are they due back in Manchester?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

Came back this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Lads if higuain signs for juve for the reported 94 or 97 m euro will that make him the 2nd most expensive player in the world?

I think it's nuts.

I mean they're going to win Serie A anyway so nearly 100 million for 2/3 years.

Like 33 million for each year of Higuain.

How does that make any sense?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

13775845_10153914604622746_4002932966132926345_n.jpg?oh=33069ca29e7c17ef2b8cba75ca15378f&oe=5835CECF

So much happiness in one photo :D, wonder what De Gea's listening to?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Lithium93_ wrote:
    So much happiness in one photo , wonder what De Gea's listening to?

The dulcet tones of Louis Van Gaal saying, "Dahvid, I am so proud of you"!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

De Gea is a metal head, remember seeing photos of him at Slipknot gigs and the like.

gosplan wrote: »
    I think it's nuts.

I mean they're going to win Serie A anyway so nearly 100 million for 2/3 years.

Like 33 million for each year of Higuain.

How does that make any sense?

I'm guessing they want to have another crack at the champions league.

He scored a crazy number of goals last season, but yeah at his age it seems mental to pay that much.

ElChe32 wrote: »
    De Gea is a metal head, remember seeing photos of him at Slipknot gigs and the like.

Ya had a quick Google, he's a fan of Slipknot & Avenged Sevenfold :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,621 ✭✭✭caviardreams

A metalhead and a hipster in one - look at what he's reading :D

Ah Dave :pac:, feck it I'll give him a pass because he's so bloody brilliant. Mata looks like Homer in that episode of The Simpson where he's in the hospital and going cloud goes up, cloud goes down, cloud goes up, cloud goes down..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    13775845_10153914604622746_4002932966132926345_n.jpg?oh=33069ca29e7c17ef2b8cba75ca15378f&oe=5835CECF

God he has such a long face!

And by "God", I mean de Gea

ElChe32 wrote: »

This is his favourite song apparently.

This is what he said when Avenged Sevenfold's most recent album Hail To The King went to Number 1.
    I’ve always liked them and I was really pleased to see them get a number one album over here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

I can't make it out? What is the book? He's probably skyping his girlfriend or something boring like that! While poor Mata sits there like a spare wheel moving his seat forward and back :D

The book is titled Insanely Simple: The Obsession That Drives Apple's Success.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

The book is titled Insanely Simple..

Is that Wayne Rooney's new autobiography?

That book is 99% probably belonging to Mata to be fair.

The book is titled Insanely Simple: The Obsession That Drives Apple's Success.

That totally sounds like something Mata would read!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Yeah Mata seems like an old school book reader. De Gea would have a kindle

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

I know it paddy power but it gave me a laugh

Juventus have gone 1-0 up v Spurs in a pre-season friendly. Pogba isn't even on the pitch, but the goal has rocketed his valuation up to £140 million anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Probably a compilation of Fax machine noises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Juve are doing a Spurs on it, spending all the pogba money now and pogba signs for us on deadline day

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Cotts72 wrote: »
    I think they've done well. brought in Alves, Benatia,Pjaca,Pjanic and potentially Matic. granted Higuain in a rip off but with Pogba money its only costing them 30-40mill for a proven Serie A striker

Yeah especially Pjanic in my eyes. They got him for very good value (under £30million, can't remember how much exactly)

He's being playing a stormer last few seasons scoring goals and assisting. He topped assists in the Serie A last two seasons now. It looks like he's a replacement for Pogba anyway so you'd imagine Pogba is definitely going and this isn't just some tactic to get a better contract. ( I could be proved wrong here but doubt it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Looks like zlatan chose the lowry hotel

IMG_20160726_124616.jpgpost a picture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

bangkok wrote: »
    Juve are doing a Spurs on it, spending all the pogba money now and pogba signs for us on deadline day

Just for you Bangkok :D

https://twitter.com/ManUtdMEN/status/757901462404009985?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

The United photographer loves to capture the moment the players get an extra bread roll :pac:

shaw.jpg

herrerra.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

So the reports in Italy are suggesting that Juve are going to submit Higuain's contract to the league today.. could see Pogba getting announced in tandem hopefully

https://twitter.com/MatteoPedrosi/status/757905702081921024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

If it was Gareth Bale we were chasing id be much more interested in the completion of the deal but i just can't be bothered to care that much for Pogba. If it happens, great. If it doesn't, then we'll survive. At this moment i can't see Pogba as a player who could almost "single handedly" win us trophies, whereas Bale can for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

GSPfan wrote: »
    If it was Gareth Bale we were chasing id be much more interested in the completion of the deal but i just can't be bothered to care that much for Pogba. If it happens, great. If it doesn't, then we'll survive. At this moment i can't see Pogba as a player who could almost "single handedly" win us trophies, whereas Bale can for sure.

And yet on the flipside its the same argument that we would have put against Bale when he moved to Spurs.

In reality its just another monstrous gamble, like any transfer, where nothing is certain. He could go on to become the best CM in the world and form part of one of the best teams we have seen in a decade, or he could flatter to deceive and ultimately prove why Fergie didn't make that much of a fuss.

But what Mourinho, Woodward and Pogba well know, is that if it does happen, Pogba needs to hit the ground running and really romp the league. There is no adjustment period, no excuses. For 100m+ there will be a demand, and rightly so, for instant success and performances.

And his mouthy agent can make all the excuses he wants(he will if things go south) but if it doesn't work it will likely bring a swift end to Mourinho and Woodward. Massive gamble in my book on both their parts, to mount that much pressure on themselves before a ball is kicked.

If I was the Glazers and sanctioned 100m+ on a player, I'd be expecting the league title this coming season, literally, zero excuses. Mourinho's own press conference stated as much.

So that is where I will be setting the bar for this team this season. Not contenders, not nearly rans. This league is to be one by us, and anything less (albeit for obvious mitigating circumstances) will be a total failure.

Ironically, that stance, and demand for success, is ideally what the club should want to avoid from fans in the current turbulent lifespan of the club.

Fergie was right, pogbas agent really is a d1ck. 20m commission for 1deal is holding the whole transfer up. Some joke.

Fergie was right, pogbas agent really is a d1ck. 20m commission for 1deal is holding the whole transfer up. Some joke.

It's ridiculous alright, I wonder where we can apply to become agents, easy money!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I don't see the issue with him - it is Juve that are the problem.

When they brought Pogba from United they agreed a 25% of the future fee with Riola. The issue is, quite simply, is Juve don't want to pay the fee he would be due from the deal. They want 100% of the transfer fee. They want United to pay the full 25% Riola would be due, instead of them. Juve are trying to back out of agreements they have made, they are the ones that should be getting criticised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

In 1993 spending 3.75m on Roy Keane might have seemed insane for a midfielder when a goal machine like Alan Shearer had gone for significantly less the summer before.

• Advertisement

When they brought Pogba from United they agreed a 25% of the future fee with Riola. The issue is, quite simply, is Juve don't want to pay the fee he would be due from the deal. They want 100% of the transfer fee. They want United to pay the full 25% Riola would be due, instead of them. Juve are trying to back out of agreements they have made, they are the ones that should be getting criticised.

Why are United agreeing to pay half the agent fee then?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

It's not commission. Pogba and his agent negotiated 20% of the transfer fee when Juve signed him. If some club paid 10 million then Pogba would get 2 million.

Now Juve want us to pay that amount too.

Why are United agreeing to pay half the agent fee then?!
    because, according to the reports, United want to get the deal done and are trying to reach a compromise agreement.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the point i was making, so I don't know why you asked the question in such an incredulous fashion.

If the agent has negotiated this deal then why is he a dick for expecting it to be honoured exactly? If I felt someone legitimately owed me 20m you'd be damn sure I'd try get it from them.

TheDoc wrote: »

And yet on the flipside its the same argument that we would have put against Bale when he moved to Spurs.

In reality its just another monstrous gamble, like any transfer, where nothing is certain. He could go on to become the best CM in the world and form part of one of the best teams we have seen in a decade, or he could flatter to deceive and ultimately prove why Fergie didn't make that much of a fuss.

But what Mourinho, Woodward and Pogba well know, is that if it does happen, Pogba needs to hit the ground running and really romp the league. There is no adjustment period, no excuses. For 100m+ there will be a demand, and rightly so, for instant success and performances.

And his mouthy agent can make all the excuses he wants(he will if things go south) but if it doesn't work it will likely bring a swift end to Mourinho and Woodward. Massive gamble in my book on both their parts, to mount that much pressure on themselves before a ball is kicked.

If I was the Glazers and sanctioned 100m+ on a player, I'd be expecting the league title this coming season, literally, zero excuses. Mourinho's own press conference stated as much.

So that is where I will be setting the bar for this team this season. Not contenders, not nearly rans. This league is to be one by us, and anything less (albeit for obvious mitigating circumstances) will be a total failure.

Ironically, that stance, and demand for success, is ideally what the club should want to avoid from fans in the current turbulent lifespan of the
    it was Gareth Bale we were chasing id be much more interested in the completion of the deal but i just can't be bothered to care that much for Pogba. If it happens, great. If it

Ironically, that stance, and demand for success, is ideally what the club should want to avoid from fans in the current turbulent lifespan of the club.

If it doesn't work it will likely bring a swift end to Mourinho and Woodward"

Eh, no it wouldn't! Is this what are club is going to come into? Sacking a manager every other season?! Pogba isn't an unknown, everyone involved knows the score but when I read a post like this it seems that people are expecting him to go out and win the league on his own?
    I'd make united favourites if they get Jim but wouldn't be a total failure of the proportions you are making out if we didn't.
    It's good to be ambitious but dangerous to go ott in this regard. Especially in a managers first year.
    Pogba's huge price comes down to a vast amount of factors.
    The state of the market (look at the cost Liverpool paid for a defender whose club was relegated last season and whosee nation couldn't even get into the Euros.)
    His age: Pogba could stay here only 4 years and we would probably get the same money we paid for him then.
    His Agent: no comment.
    His image rights: trust me, United will clean up on the fact Pogba is one of the most recognisable enigmatic personalities in world football at present. Glazers know this.

Pogba is not the finished article either, very much open to improvement which makes his price even more understandable.

It isn't a gamble, we know what we're getting and why we have to pay it.

• Advertisement

If the agent has negotiated this deal then why is he a dick for expecting it to be honoured exactly? If I felt someone legitimately owed me 20m you'd be damn sure I'd try get it from them.
    I suppose a lot of people feel he will make millions regardless of the percentage owed, and has made millions on the Ibrahimovic and Mkhtaryan deals - so should be happy with that rather than expecting the further millions he is owed by Juve. a 'he's got enough' attitude.

Juventus don't want to sell the player.
    They don't need to sell.
    So Manchester U have to persuade them. By agreeing the pay for Raiola. We call it having all the aces. If they sell, if they don't sell, Juventus will be the winner. And Raiola :)

My brother thinks the picture of the guys in the pool, we say most when we say nothing, means Pogba is stay at Juve, because they are a black man and a white man, black and white :pac:

Juventus don't want to sell the player.
    They don't need to sell.
    So Manchester U have to persuade them. By agreeing the pay for Raiola. We call it having all the aces. If they sell, if they don't sell, Juventus will be the winner. And Raiola :)

My brother thinks the picture of the guys in the pool, we say most when we say nothing, means Pogba is stay at Juve, because they are a black man and a white man, black and white :pac:

So was the deal originally done with Riola on the basis of "We will pay you 20% of the sale fee, as long as we actually want to sell him, otherwise we will pay you nothing.... ok?"

So was the deal originally done with Riola on the basis of "We will pay you 20% of the sale fee, as long as we actually want to sell him, otherwise we will pay you nothing.... ok?"

I have not seen the Raiola contract for Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

He's close but not close enough. Tell your brother the black & white guy is symbolic of the black & white tiled floors you see in every Freemasons Lodge(so I've read). So the black & white guy in the pool, is a subtle symbol of the Freemasons and therefore -The Illuminati......:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Why? The guy is employed by his client (Pogba) to maximise his income and is presumably entitled to his 20% commission otherwise there wouldn't be any argument over it. If he did five £20m deals no one would bat an eyelid if collected £20m in commission for them so why should he not be entitled to his 20% on this deal? The more value he can extract the more he gets paid, that's his job and he's clearly pretty good at it.

Whinging about paying the commission is a bit like some idiot going all out to buy himself a new sports car and then whinging about the cost of servicing or new tyres.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

Why? The guy is employed by his client (Pogba) to maximise his income and is presumably entitled to his 20% commission otherwise there wouldn't be any argument over it. If he did five £20m deals no one would bat an eyelid if collected £20m in commission for them so why should he not be entitled to his 20% on this deal? The more value he can extract the more he gets paid, that's his job and he's clearly pretty good at it.

Whinging about paying the commission is a bit like some idiot going all out to buy himself a new sports car and then whinging about the cost of servicing or new tyres.

I've no problem with agents commission once it's the player paying. The agent works for the player, so paying your own fcking Bill.

It's ridiculous alright, I wonder where we can apply to become agents, easy money!!

Not much stopping you other than being able to pass a fairly straightforward exam and pay a £50,000 bond to FIFA, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/3444881.stm.

After that all you need to do is spend years building up a network of contacts in the game, signing up a load of promising young talent and hope that one or two will actually make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Higuain is done deal

75 million pound for 29 year old.

secman wrote: »
    I've no problem with agents commission once it's the player paying. The agent works for the player, so paying your own fcking Bill.
    Why would the player pay the agents fee? The player doesn't receive any of the transfer fee and if Juve agree to sell for €100m (or whatever) net of the agents fee Utd either have to pony up the fee or forget about the deal. Simples ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement