Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,754 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Mkhitaryan holds an economics degree and is fluent in Armenian, English, German, Russian, French and Portuguese.

Am I mad to start thinking Pogba might actually happen?

Or is it another Vidal type situation where the move was never on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Deluded Scum?

Yum yum

Headshot wrote: »
    I just want the preseason games to start!

Funny our first game is against BVB on the 22nd of July.

It will be fun

Might not be a friendly :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

RobertKK wrote: »
    Mkhitaryan holds an economics degree and is fluent in Armenian, English, German, Russian, French and Portuguese.

Replacement for Woody then?
    Mourinho really making his mark so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

That's incredible tbh. He'll have no problem then meeting with the players.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

is fluent in Armenian, English, German, Russian, French and Portuguese.

Good, because he'll be getting called a wanker in all of them next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

Am I mad to start thinking Pogba might actually happen?

Or is it another Vidal type situation where the move was never on?

Cannot see it happening. Money being talked about is silly. Would be Better off dangling that money in front of Real Madrid for Bale.
    In terms of money Renato Sanches looks a steal for Bayern when you see the figures being talked about for Pogba

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Is Woodward or Jose to get the credit here.

Is it a coincidence that when Jose arrives deals get done and Moyes and Lvg could do nothing right?

I think Jose knows who he wants and is not bothered about potential signings dangled in front of him. Just get who he wants and ignore the rest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Antibac wrote: »
    I think Jose knows who he wants and is not bothered about potential signings dangled in front of him. Just get who he wants and ignore the rest

Very true. Not hanging around for maybe deals.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,212 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Is it a coincidence that when Jose arrives deals get done and Moyes and Lvg could do nothing right?

In fairness, Schneiderlin, Schweinsteiger and Darmian were all signed before the summer tour in July last year and Memphis was signed in May. Shaw and Herrera were signed in June the year before.
    It's not like signing players early is new to Woodward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Giggsy is gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Ehhhh under LVG we signed Depay, ADM, Shaw, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Falcao, Martial, Rojo, Blind, Schweinsteiger, Valdes, all reasonably big signings at the time so it's fair to say LVG did a good job in getting transfers done.

Edit: Not disappointed whatsoever to see Giggs go. Right decision imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

yep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

"I have not taken this decision lightly...."

What decision. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Mars Bar wrote:
    I think Herrera would be my choice even though he is not new!

So when are you getting your Jersey with brinty on the back of it???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Zlatan and Mkhitaryan are underwhelming signings. We should aspire to be more like Liverpool and sign Steven Caulker

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Giggs' Statement

CmXKkiIWgAAAFx6.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

A great servant to the club, the idea of him getting the job was not a bad one in theory but they should have given it to him at the start or send him to get some experience.

Hanging around as a no. 2 was never going to work for him. As one of my favourite players when I was a kid and someone associated with us for nearly 30 years it's sad to see him go but best for all concerned.

Hopefully he does well wherever he goes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Bit mad to see Giggs leave. All the best to him. Best case scenario he proves himself to be a great manager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Christ lads and ladies (Mars, cookie and Future girl)
    Three deals done, two days of window being open
    Bailly being the most interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Farewell Giggsy. What an absolute icon. To progress all the way from a youth product to (caretaker) manager in one uninterrupted spell and achieve what he did in between is amazing. Hopefully he will go on to replicate his on-field success as a manager somewhere. I would love to see him in the Old Trafford dugout again some day, with a decade's worth of managerial experience to back him up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Pickpocket

The idea of him one day returning to Old Trafford as a proven manager is the stuff of fantasy, but his whole career has been a fairy tale come true, so who knows? Let's hope so.

Best of luck to him. One of the all time United greats. I'll always remember the Real Madrid fans giving him a standing ovation a few years back. You can't trick people into believing you're a legend. You either are or you aren't, and Giggs is, was and always will be. Even if he is an insatiable horn dog.

• Advertisement

I'm a United fan but my God he seemed to get off the hook extremely easy for all the crap he's pulled in his personal life. Lost a lot of respect for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'm a United fan but my God he seemed to get off the hook extremely easy for all the crap he's pulled in his personal life. Lost a lot of respect for him.

On the field an undoubted legend but if I was to describe him off the field I would probably be banned for a long time.

I've zero respect for the guy off the field and don't wish him the best in his future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

No.

A competent manager with personality gets who he wants, and convinces the club to part with the money that's needed.

Klopp is getting business done early for us (whether you think it's good or not; not looking for that debate). Rodgers couldn't close deals (e.g. look at Sanchez and Mkhitaryan).

Mourinho is getting business done. Pep is getting business done.

It's all about decisiveness. One of the signs of a sub-par manager is not getting shít done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Haha, love he, like the fans, wants to pretend Moyes didn't exist :P

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Haha, love he, like the fans, wants to pretend Moyes didn't exist :P

Haha thought the same myself. Poor Moyesy :P

• Advertisement

• Way more excited about Mkhitaryan if I'm being honest

Super signing, and a proven track record

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Giggs was the first footballer I loved. My sister used to have posters of him in her room and when I saw them I thought that's what I want to be. Then Eric game along and then I realised what cool actually was.

I'll never forget those skinny, hairy legs run rings around defenders and the uproar in our GAA dressing room when the news of your new haircut broke. Hmm, showing my age.

Best of luck Giggsy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Just to keep the thread on topic here is anna Woolhouse talking about giggs leaving.

280s7c3.jpg

Just for anyone (brinty) that might not have a television of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Lukekul

In fairness Zlatan has been a beast for a long time, not something that really leaves you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

My sister used to have posters of him in her room and when I saw them I thought that's what I want to be.

I hope this post is a joke.... otherwise you got serious issues.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

WarZ wrote: »
    I call things as I see them. Liverpool are looking like they will have a superb team for the coming season, they already have a great attitude that other PL teams completely lack and they have a fantastic coach.

Liverpool are a team that other teams just can't emulate. The passion, the legacy, the work ethic. I do think they will go all the way.

Ok, enough is enough. Please do not post in this thread again.

• Question: Is it typical for a player medical to happen on Saturday or no?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 344 ✭✭Kobe248

WarZ wrote: »
    I call things as I see them. Liverpool are looking like they will have a superb team for the coming season, they already have a great attitude that other PL teams completely lack and they have a fantastic coach.

Liverpool are a team that other teams just can't emulate. The passion, the legacy, the work ethic. I do think they will go all the way.

I dont support United

But that is the biggest pile of crap Ive ever seen posted

Yes Liverpool have a great coach but so do United

In every other aspect United match or better Liverpool

Do you go into every thread and just post rubbish hoping to get a reaction

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Kobe248 wrote: »
    I dont support United

But that is the biggest pile of crap Ive ever seen posted

Yes Liverpool have a great coach but so do United

In every other aspect United match or better Liverpool

Do you go into every thread and just post rubbish hoping to get a reaction

bSkxyNa.gif

Cool down Cowboy

Hes Gone

Its over

• Advertisement

Duncan Castles says Mourinho is desperate to sign Pogba, to bring life to United's midfield.
    He also says apart from the very recent signings there are other players that Mourinho wants beyond Pogba.

https://twitter.com/duncancastles/status/749237256989401088

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

I could care less about Giggs today really. Its about time he left. If he ever comes back as manager I'll support him but for now its best the seperation happens.

Jose will be here for about 5 years anyway if not more so Giggs has a load of time to prove himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,343 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Question: Is it typical for a player medical to happen on Saturday or no?

I don't know when third party medical facility is used, but United can do them at Carrington now after upgrades to the medical department that finished, i believe, last summer. that might give United more leeway in such matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Giggs' Statement

CmXKkiIWgAAAFx6.jpg:large

Just jumps straight from Sir Alex to LVG, no mention of Moyesy :p

I always felt he wasn't happy working with him that season

Came across this tweet featuring a beautiful picture of a French man...

https://twitter.com/patriot_ofori/status/748951098237526016

He loves United...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Came across this tweet featuring a beautiful picture of a French man...

https://twitter.com/patriot_ofori/status/748951098237526016

He loves United...

For some reason it looks PS or cropped

Hococop wrote: »

Well I won't claim to know the authenticity of the photo. But given he is a lifelong United fan and being French, it is possible.

I do think he would move to United given Mourinho really believed in him when at Madrid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,595 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Hococop wrote: »

It's fake

https://twitter.com/MorisSportelli4/status/471706841802878976

It was nice while it lasted, but I do think Mourinho will look to sign him.

Jose cannot count on Jones, don't think he wants Blind in defence, think Rojo will be sold.

• Advertisement

Beckham at Wimbledon watching Murray, personally would want to watch the Djokovic match.

I was a big fan of Beckham when he played for us, was sorry to see him leave in comparison to Giggs today.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement