Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

I am looking forward to seeing Zlatan training with United and putting on the red shirt in a proper match. Will he make his debut his weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Seems higuain has signed for juventus £75 million

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 256 ✭✭wintear

Utd should pull the plug on this transfer now juve have committed to paying Higuin
    Sick of the club overpaying Madrid and juve while transfers between the 2 are a lot less

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

billyhead wrote: »
    I am looking forward to seeing Zlatan training with United and putting on the red shirt in a proper match. Will he make his debut his weekend?

A friendly...... In Sweden, his home country..... That was arranged after he signed?? You betcha!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

wintear wrote: »
    Utd should pull the plug on this transfer now juve have committed to paying Higuin
    Sick of the club overpaying Madrid and juve while transfers between the 2 are a lot less

giphy.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Have we ever bought a player from juventus before? I'm sure we have I can't remember.

jayo26 wrote: »
    Have we ever bought a player from juventus before? I'm sure we have I can't remember.

when was the last time Juve bought from or sold to Madrid? Khedira was a free wasn't he.

astradave wrote: »
    when was the last time Juve bought from or sold to Madrid? Khedira was a free wasn't he.

Morata I'd assume

Going back years the likes of Zidane and all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I still don't much care if we sign Pogba or not, I just don't think he is worth it.

If I woke up tomorrow to a press conference wherein Jose unveils his surprise new midfield signing and its some relatively unknown player a la Bailly then I would be perfectly happy and excited to see what the new season brings.

Pogba, his agent and all their bull**** games can toddle on to Spain and join that circus, good riddance to them.

Morata I'd assume

And even there it was a Squad player (with Madrid) and then a buy back clause.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

giphy.gif

I think he is referring to the fact when Juve sold Zidane to Madrid 15 years ago then only charged them 62 million. Apart from Moratta and Canavaro, I cant recall much Juve/Madrid dealings

oh, and Khedira (free agent)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Now that you mention it I can't actually think of any...

LHNwT2jukgi88.gif

have we?

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Now that you mention it I can't actually think of any...

LHNwT2jukgi88.gif

have we?

Well I know they have taken 2 of our players on Free transfers lately :D

Well I know they have taken 2 of our players on Free transfers lately :D

Actually didn't we take them to the cleaners for Evra? Think the fee was around £1million :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Adamocovic wrote:
    So you are saying you won't dare to Zlatan?

Zlatan-asphemy

Fyp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Tomorrow is the day isn't it

Is yesterday tomorrow today ;)

Nope! But ask me in a few days..............

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/manchester-united/alletransfers/verein/985

I don't think Pogba's nickname has been mentioned yet.
    In Italy, he gained the nickname Il Polpo Paul ("Paul the Octopus") for his long legs that look like tentacles during tackling or running

My lord :pac::pac:

Adamocovic wrote: »
    I don't think Pogba's nickname has been mentioned yet.

My lord :pac::pac:

Well he costs a few squid as well

• Advertisement

Ah lads are ye all forgetting that time we bought Vidal from them....

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Boo.

:P

giphy.gif

:p

Ah lads are ye all forgetting that time we bought Vidal from them....

And changed his name to the more UK markettable "Nick Powell"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

That agent is a flipping genius if he managed to get a 20% clause for himself in there.

€140 million is crazy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

That agent is a flipping genius if he managed to get a 20% clause for himself in there.

€140 million is crazy

There was feck all in it for him when he moved Pogba to Juve on a free so he took a punt on a 20% sell on clause (super smart guy) and boy is it about to pay off.

Pogba is about to cost Utd the equivalent of €500,000 a week in transfer fees alone for the period he's been at Juve who got him pretty much for free.......from Utd.

The next board meeting should be interesting.

Glazer "SAF please remind us why you let Pogba leave the club on free?"

SAF "He wasn't shaping you to be a United player."

Glazer "Unlike Rafael and Fabio da Silva?"

SAF "cough, yes, cough"

Glazer "Mourinho, how much do you want to spend on this Pogba guy we let go for free?"

Mourinho "cough, €120m, cough"

Glazer "Can someone call an ambulance!!!"

• Advertisement

€140 million is crazy

There was feck all in it for him when he moved Pogba to Juve on a free so he took a punt on a 20% sell on clause (super smart guy) and boy is it about to pay off.

Pogba is about to cost Utd the equivalent of €500,000 a week in transfer fees alone for the period he's been at Juve who got him pretty much for free.......from Utd.

SAF "cough, yes, cough"

Glazer "Mourinho, how much do you want to spend on this Pogba guy we let go for free?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I'm going say he be announced at 1.30 tomorrow.

I'll be in my break then, lovely timing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

SAF "cough, yes, cough"

He was offered a contract, declined to sign it and let his contract run out, Juve snapped him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I'm going say he be announced at 1.30 tomorrow.

I'll be in my break then, lovely timing

https://twitter.com/PremiumSportHD/status/758046876738396160

Mediaset are saying that we're not willing to raise our offer for Pogba, but a deal could be closed in the next 24-48 hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Lads here defending Raiola and his fees are probably the same lads who were pissed off with him for turning pogbas head to juventus and that massive signing on fee. Ironic

• Advertisement

secman wrote: »
    He was offered a contract, declined to sign it and let his contract run out, Juve snapped him up.

He wasn't offered a big enough contract by Utd so Juve stepped in and paid him what he was worth.

Penny wise pound foolish by SAF.

He wasn't offered a big enough contract by Utd so Juve stepped in and paid him what he was worth.

Penny wise pound foolish by SAF and it's about to come home to roost.

"What he was worth" he was an 18 year old kid with 4 first team appearances ffs

His agent forced the move as he was going to pocket 2m

bangkok wrote: »
    Lads here defending Raiola and his fees are probably the same lads who were pissed off with him for turning pogbas head to juventus and that massive signing on fee. Ironic

It's not defending him it's been realistic if the man has signed a contract to say he is entitled to 20 percent of the transfer fee well he should get it or do you expect a man to pass up millions so he can appease two mega rich football clubs and their fans.

It's like an investment when he negotiated with juventus 4 year ago no1 thought he would be commanding a world record fee but juve were happy to sign it then thinking it would only be a few million but now it looks like when it's so big they don't want to pick up the tab.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Forget about blaming Juve and the agent.

We made the mess in the first place

It's not defending him it's been realistic if the man has signed a contract to say he is entitled to 20 percent of the transfer fee well he should get it or do you expect a man to pass up millions so he can appease two mega rich football clubs and their fans.

It's like an investment when he negotiated with juventus 4 year ago no1 thought he would be commanding a world record fee but juve were happy to sign it then thinking it would only be a few million but now it looks like when it's so big they don't want to pick up the tab.

He is meant to be looking after his client. I actually hope now United pull the plug on the deal and sign someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭Korat

Ed Woodward's corset.. would inhale

"What he was worth" he was an 18 year old kid with 4 first team appearances ffs

His agent forced the move as he was going to pocket 2m

Whatever makes you feel better ðŸ˜

Pogba is Raoilas client. Raoila takes instructions from Pogba not the other way round. That's how client agent relationships work. I've no doubt Raoila told Pogba he's get him a better contact with Juve and he did. That's his job. SAF was tight fisted and it's back fired big time. Pogba has since won multiple titles with Juve,, got to a Euro final with France and is now about to become the most expensive player in world history with. .......... wait for it. .......... the club who let him go for nothing paying the world record fee.

You couldn't make it up 😂

Forget about blaming Juve and the agent.

We made the mess in the first place

How exactly? We offered him a contract he didn't sign it.

If every 17 or 18 year old in reserves demanded a first team start the club would be in some state

Exactly I think people are painting Ferguson a bit too harshly in this. He knew he was a great prospect but Raoila and Pogba decided it was better for his career to leave to somewhere that would give him first team football.

Raoila and Ferguson did not get on and Raoila convinced Pogba that for his career he would need to leave which turned out to be good advice from the players standpoint.

Although we all know how good Pogba is now and although he was rated while he was with us with Scholes, Carrick, Fletcher, Cleverley all there we weren't going to be able to gaurantee him 30+ matches like Juventus or big money considering he had only played a handful of games for us.

Pogba was offered a contract and the team wanted him to stay but he and his agent made their decision. If Ferguson had of caved and paid Pogba the money he wanted and dropped one of the more established players (who had won league titles and would go on to win another the season Pogba left) to start this young player because his agent kicked up a fuss then without doubt the rest of the players wouldn't have been pleased. It's a move he couldn't have made without having enough evidence on the pitch that he deserved it.

The decision worked out brilliantly for Pogba however, with Juventus he got consistent game time and I think he went with a point to prove which would also help.

• Advertisement

By all accounts the contract that he was offered by United was larger than the contract offered by Juve.

Would he have gotten the games at United to allow him to develop into the player he is today.

It's not a straightforward answer. IMO I don't think he would have got theverything opportunities.

Pogba is Raoilas client. Raoila takes instructions from Pogba not the other way round. That's how client agent relationships work. I've no doubt Raoila told Pogba he's get him a better contact with Juve and he did. That's his job. SAF was tight fisted and it's back fired big time. Pogba has since won multiple titles with Juve,, got to a Euro final with France and is now about to become the most expensive player in world history with. .......... wait for it. .......... the club who let him go for nothing paying the world record fee.

Lol.you think tevez and mascherano wanted to move to West Ham? Agents forced them to move there.

pogba was a kid and agent turned his head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Can anyone think of an alternative to Pogba that we could get? Please don't say Matuidi. Someone physically imposing and a proper midfielder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

How exactly? We offered him a contract he didn't sign it.

If every 17 or 18 year old in reserves demanded a first team start the club would be in some state

Didn't Fergie big him up and offer him starts then wouldn't play him? If I was in a job and offered a role then not given it,I would be pissed off too.
    Fergie can't get everything right and this proves it.Anyhow can anyone imagine a talent like Pogba hanging around under Moyes and his cluelessness or LVG not allowing him to run with the ball or shoot? Had he not left under Fergie,he most definitely would have left within the last 3 seasons with no hope of getting him back.

On that opinion when Nedved was about to go from Lazio to Juventus he actually went home and said he trusted Raoilas decision, so Raoila actually decided whether he takes the Lazio contract or the Juventus one.

Agents in most cases have more control and say on players careers than you think :P but it is for a mutual benefit and that is their job.

He is meant to be looking after his client. I actually hope now United pull the plug on the deal and sign someone else.

So he should just scrap a legal binding contract. He should give his services out to clients for free? I really don't think you get how business works..

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/17790677

Fergie speaking about pogba in 2012. United never wanted him to leave

GSPfan wrote: »
    Can anyone think of an alternative to Pogba that we could get? Please don't say Matuidi. Someone physically imposing and a proper midfielder?

Luke Chadwick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

GSPfan wrote: »

Toni kroos ?

• Advertisement

So he should just scrap a legal binding contract. He should give his services out to clients for free? I really don't think you get how business works..

Don't be silly, he could settle for 12m. Fantastic mind boggling money for a deal that took less than a few weeks to complete and he probably had very little to do for it as well

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement