Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

No point worrying over Pogba transfer.

Transfers like this will take time. The way I see it we either get him or Madrid do, either way however we should be alright.

If we get him, there ya go. If we don't I doubt Mourinho will be all out of options. Any manager worth his weight would have a list of targets for the position.

Also with Madrid having Kroos, Isco, Modric and Casemiro already there I'm sure they would be willing to sell. If we came out with Isco or Kroos I'd be happy anyway. But that is just players I'm mentioning, wiho knows who Mourinho has in mind as alternatives but no doubt with the money it is apparent we have to spend he would be able to spark up negotiations and see if they want to join.

• Adamocovic wrote: »
    No point worrying over Pogba transfer.

Transfers like this will take time. The way I see it we either get him or Madrid do, either way however we should be alright.

If we get him, there ya go. If we don't I doubt Mourinho will be all out of options. Any manager worth his weight would have a list of targets for the position.

Also with Madrid having Kroos, Isco, Modric and Casemiro already there I'm sure they would be willing to sell. If we came out with Isco or Kroos I'd be happy anyway. But that is just players I'm mentioning, wiho knows who Mourinho has in mind as alternatives but no doubt with the money it is apparent we have to spend he would be able to spark up negotiations and see if they want to join.
    This is Moyes style stuff tho. Chasing players like Kroos who only signed a new contract and has a release cause of 300m or something ridiculous like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,217 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I think he's on an enforced holiday.

Cheers, must have missed that.

Hopefully he comes back

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    This is Moyes style stuff tho. Chasing players like Kroos who only signed a new contract and has a release cause of 300m or something ridiculous like that.

The majority of times clubs don't have to meet release clauses, they normally are only brought out if clubs refuse to sell a player.

I said "willing to sell", if they are they clearly won't be asking for the release clause, they will be open to offers. Obviously we are not going to fork out €300million for Kroos but if Real Madrid bought Pogba they would no doubt be letting a player go. I was just mentioning two players that could quite well become a possibility if we fail to get Pogba.

And frankly the comment saying that is Moyes style stuff is a bit laughable. Moyes bought Varela, Fellaini, Mata and Janko. The biggest transfer fee of which was Mata at around £35+million. Something I doubt many would have too many complaints with. Hardly Moyes style stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

I think Pro F just doesn't engage in the summertime transfer halfwittery

• Advertisement

I think Pro F just doesn't engage in the summertime transfer halfwittery

He's a better man than myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

he was posting last week in the thread about the FAI being debt free by 2020

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Off topic for a second,

Anyone know where Pro.f is?

Think that ban is up, he was definitely posting in the soccer forum last week or the week before..

Edit: see Baldy's post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Full squad training today at Carrington incl Bastian and Martial.
    Looking forward to seeing the images of Ibra mingle with the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Seems the bid by United for Gabriel Jesus is real, United said to be offering £30 million for the 19 year old and claims of double the wages City are offering.

• Advertisement

RobertKK wrote: »
    Seems the bid by United for Gabriel Jesus is real, United said to be offering £30 million for the 19 year old and claims of double the wages City are offering.

Jaysus imagine the fallout if we got him, would be nearly as bad as Bluemoon over Pogba, their Pogba thread had over 30,000 replies and they were adamant that he was going to sign for them..

They have been bigging Gabriel Jesus up for the last 2 months now..

Edit: Also it must be said that he has a release clause of 24m euro for United Barca and Real but the reason United are offering so much is that the Agent owns 40% of his rights so he would likely sway him towards United if they offer more.

astradave wrote: »
    Jaysus imagine the fallout if we got him, would be nearly as bad as Bluemoon over Pogba, their Pogba thread had over 30,000 replies and they were adamant that he was going to sign for them..

Edit: Also it must be said that he has a release clause of 24m euro for United Barca and Real but the reason United are offering so much is that the Agent owns 40% of his rights so he would likely sway him towards United if they offer more.

I thought that agent owning rights thing was not permitted in the premier league?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hopefully moyes does want fellaini we ask 26 and he say no thanks we will only pay 29 million.

I thought that agent owning rights thing was not permitted in the premier league?

It's not that's why they buy the rights from agent and club. It was same with Rojo.

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's not that's why they buy the rights from agent and club. It was same with Rojo.

Yeah, third party ownership in football.

Only thing is last year FIFA said they had banned it (something I had not realised until today)

There's an article about it here and some clubs who have been punished since.
    http://www.espnfc.com/blog/marcotti-musings/62/post/2840253/the-challenge-fifa-faces-regarding-third-party-ownership

EDIT: So does that mean it is banned to start a third party ownership of a player, but for situations where it was already the case before the ban was implemented they are fine and it will just end when the player is transferred? I'm a little confused about this ban :P

EDIT 2: Answering my own question, so yeah it's just a case that clubs are not allowed to practice it now but can see out contracts implemented before the ban.
    While the ban comes into force on 1 May 2015, there is a transitional provision that allows existing TPO agreements (signed before 1st January) to run their natural course and those signed between 1 January and 31 April to be valid for a maximum duration of one year from the date of the agreement. This allows every club involved in TPO a reasonable timeframe within which to figure out a way to end their dependence on third parties

Adamocovic wrote: »
    Yeah, third party ownership in football.

Only thing is last year FIFA said they had banned it (something I had not realised until today)

There's an article about it here and some clubs who have been punished since.
    http://www.espnfc.com/blog/marcotti-musings/62/post/2840253/the-challenge-fifa-faces-regarding-third-party-ownership

EDIT: So does that mean it is banned to start a third party ownership of a player, but for situations where it was already the case before the ban was implemented they are fine and it will just end when the player is transferred? I'm a little confused about this ban :P

It's banned to sign a new contract as part ownership so if a club buys a player they buy him 100 percent but they can't do anything about contracts signed before the ruling came in.

But isn't what Pogba's agent has the same as part ownership he is entitled to 20 percent of his fee. The only difference is he don't own his image rights but.

jayo26 wrote: »
    It's banned to sign a new contract as part ownership so if a club buys a player they buy him 100 percent but they can't do anything about contracts signed before the ruling came in.

But isn't what Pogba's agent has the same as part ownership he is entitled to 20 percent of his fee. The only difference is he don't own his image rights but.

I think it would be more of a sell on clause than part ownership, like a club one but Juve agreed to it with Mino as there was no other club involved. I would say its definitely the way that agents are going to get around the part ownership in the future too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

This Pogba situation is turning into a right circus. I dont think Madrid are in for him despite what Zidane said. He basically just stated the obvious that Pogba is a great player and any team in the world would be interested in signing him but affording him is another matter. He hardly going to say hes ****e anyway. If there is no positive movement on this deal i.e all parties satisfied including Fatso Riola and a medical pending then Woody should go after the 2nd target on Mourinhos list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Zidane's quotes are worrying

There's no way he'd be allowed say that unless they were still in with a good chance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

It is a 100 million contract fgs!! Hundreds of clauses i would imagine! It's not like going in to buy a milky wy bar in Centra! There is lots of proven b'sh1t tweets by so called "in the know" journalists and bloggers with a few twitter followers.

I wouldnt call it a circus at all. We havent a clue how the negotiations are going as the principal parties have revealed little if nothing at all. Its forums like this that are making it like a circus with all these theories! All parties were away on holidays/pre season tours etc so its not as if they have been sitting down in a room arguing for a month.

For all we know, the Kolo Toure transfer to Celtic could have been going on for 3 months but noone gave a cr$p!!

And that includes Kolo Kolo by the look of him at the unveiling!!

kolo-toure-celtic-650x611.png

• Advertisement

billyhead wrote: »
    This Pogba situation is turning into a right circus. I dont think Madrid are in for him despite what Zidane said. He basically just stated the obvious that Pogba is a great player and any team in the world would be interested in signing him but affording him is another matter. He hardly going to say hes ****e anyway. If there is no positive movement on this deal i.e all parties satisfied including Fatso Riola and a medical pending then Woody should go after the 2nd target on Mourinhos list.

It's only a circus because of fans and press. I couldn't give a toss about it as I believe we have other options but for the press it's great it's filling papers and most fans can't get enough of it.

We have 3/4 of our business done so no pannick.

It is a 100 million contract fgs!! Hundreds of clauses i would imagine! It's not like going in to buy a milky wy bar in Centra! There is lots of proven b'sh1t tweets by so called "in the know" journalists and bloggers with a few twitter followers.

I wouldnt call it a circus at all. We havent a clue how the negotiations are going as the principal parties have revealed little if nothing at all. Its forums like this that are making it like a circus with all these theories! All parties were away on holidays/pre season tours etc so its not as if they have been sitting down in a room arguing for a month.

For all we know, the Kolo Toure transfer to Celtic could have been going on for 3 months but noone gave a cr$p!!

And that includes Kolo Kolo by the look of him at the unveiling!!

kolo-toure-celtic-650x611.png
    Looks delighted to be their:P

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

astradave wrote: »

Yeah, the consensus in Brazil is that the bid is real and United are prepared to pay more than required to sway the deal in their favour.
    If he was signed he would likely stay in Brazil for the time being.
    Some believe City are closer to signing him, but who knows when money is involved.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Zidane's quotes are worrying

There's no way he'd be allowed say that unless they were still in with a good chance

Based on his quotes, I'm sure now he's off to Madrid. I bet Pogba and his agent were stalling until Madrid got their act together.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Backed him at 3/1 for Madrid just incase

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Never forget

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Based on his quotes, I'm sure now he's off to Madrid. I bet Pogba and his agent were stalling until Madrid got their act together.

Isn't it every players dream to play in front of the most fickle fans in football and spend most of the season being booed by your own fans?

Glazers Out!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

"We are not signing XXXXX" hat off for a minute.

Pogba will go to Madrid. They are stalling and applying pressure on Madrid to get things moving.

It's another farcical saga that we will look back at and say "won't be fooled like that again lol".

• nullzero wrote: »
    Isn't it every players dream to play in front of the most fickle fans in football and spend most of the season being booed by your own fans?

If he makes X amount of million a year I doubt he gives 2 ****s
    FutureGuy wrote: »
    "We are not signing XXXXX" hat off for a minute.

Pogba will go to Madrid. They are stalling and applying pressure on Madrid to get things moving.

It's another farcical saga that we will look back at and say "won't be fooled like that again lol".

Yep, but at the same time we will get hyped up about the next best midfield maestro and the vicious cycle is complete

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

nullzero wrote: »

It really is a pain how much players want to go there and how entitled and spoiled the fans are toward them. But I guess that's the prize for having the strongest history in the entire sport, the money to pay at least as much as any other club on the planet can offer and (not definite on this one to be fair...) the best tax rates you can get in any major footballing nation by a distance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I've not seen anything about Real being linked with Pogba outside of the Spanish press; nothing from the usual Italian sources who'd be "ITK" and nothing from the English sources at our end. Only some Spanish press who can't deal with the fact that its not a Spanish team about to break a world record for a world class player. Not nervous about it in the slightest.

• I don't think anyone is nervous. It's more so bored to death / sick of the same ****e in the media day in day out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Not nervous about it in the slightest.

?width=500&version=1000234

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Billy86 wrote: »
    It really is a pain how much players want to go there and how entitled and spoiled the fans are toward them. But I guess that's the prize for having the strongest history in the entire sport, the money to pay at least as much as any other club on the planet can offer and (not definite on this one to be fair...) the best tax rates you can get in any major footballing nation by a distance.

Let's face it, Real Madrid were spending money back in the 1950's when everyone else was simply blooding players through their youth systems for the most part. Real (Royal) Madrid was Franco's plaything, and they have that history because they bought and for no other reason. Foreign players all want to end up there, Ronaldo was only ever using United as a stepping stone to Madrid, he won a lot with us but his heart was never for one second in it with United, it was always about Madrid, I can't see us signing Pogba if I'm honest, it should be done by now if it was going to happen, the only satisfying thing will be seeing Madrid having to pay well over the odds for him. Even if he does come to United there will inevitably be the stories in a year or two linking him to Madrid which typically end only one way.

Glazers Out!

Let's face it, Real Madrid were spending money back in the 1950's when everyone else was simply blooding players through their youth systems for the most part. Real (Royal) Madrid was Franco's plaything, and they have that history because they bought and for no other reason. Foreign players all want to end up there, Ronaldo was only ever using United as a stepping stone to Madrid, he won a lot with us but his heart was never for one second in it with United, it was always about Madrid, I can't see us signing Pogba if I'm honest, it should be done by now if it was going to happen, the only satisfying thing will be seeing Madrid having to pay well over the odds for him. Even if he does come to United there will inevitably be the stories in a year or two linking him to Madrid which typically end only one way.

One thing about Madrid is that the Munich air disaster was a blessing in disguise for them as the busby babes would have went on to dominate Europe for a number of years if the accident never happened

• Advertisement

Oh, stop.

Obviously he wanted to move to Madrid at the end, we all know that and it was the correct career move. He had no childhood affiliation to United like 90% of foreign players who come here. He grew up in that Iberian world and Spanish soccer would hve been his main port of call growing up, even before Portuguese football. That doesnt mean he spent 6 years with a team that shaped his career without his heart being in it. Look at what he achieved there and the efforts he made at and after training in a climate he probably disliked to be the best he could.
    Yes he probably had a carreer plan but who doesn't. Doesn't mean his heart wasnt in United and I'd imagine some of it still is.
    He had amazing relationships with players there and with Ferguson and even after the Rooney wink he stuck at it and put in 90 to 100% most games.

Disclaimer: I am probably misinterpreting what you meant by "heart not in it" but it was the "never for one second" bit that took me aback!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

"Ronaldos heart was not in it for United"

I've seen a lot of crap wrote on boards but that surely tops the lot

bangkok wrote: »
    "Ronaldos heart was not in it for United"

I've seen a lot of crap wrote on boards but that surely tops the lot

I agree for once.. he worked his bollox off for us.. even in the year before he left he gave his all even though he knew he was leaving.. there is a lot that you can write about Ronnie but you can never say that his heart wasn't in it..

• To say Ronaldos heart wasn't in it??
    He's so very evidently passionate about football and about United in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Off topic for a second,

Anyone know where Pro.f is?

Hey. I'm just not particularly interested in the summer discussions. Will probably pop back in when the season starts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    To say Ronaldos heart wasn't in it??
    He's so very evidently passionate about football and about United in particular.

To be honest in his last year while he was not as good as previous years and i think he wanted the move to madrid badly as wanted to move closer to home i dont think he ever didnt have his heart in it for united at any time during that year.

sky88 wrote: »
    To be honest in his last year while he was not as good as previous years and i think he wanted the move to madrid badly as wanted to move closer to home i dont think he ever didnt have his heart in it for united at any time during that year.

based on what?! Look at his stats for that season! He obviously knew he was going to Madrid but never dropped his performances.

Perhaps he should be coming out with OTT dedications a la Gerrard of his love for the club, carrying a flag around and kissing the turf after every game to show it!
    As professionalism goes, he put his heart into it, bar a few typical Ronaldo acts which he is just as culpable of committing for Madrid and even Portugal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Pro. F wrote: »
    Hey. I'm just not particularly interested in the summer discussions. Will probably pop back in when the season starts.

Teach me how

Please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Pro. F wrote: »

But Pogba............................:P

Sportwitness are analysing the news that Madrid are getting a bit more interested in Hazard as their shiny new toy,good news for us if that happens.They can barely afford one new superstar let alone two.

https://twitter.com/RichardMarrow/status/758303825782513664
    At long last, with the meeting about to end, @MinoRaiola, @juventusfc and @ManUtd have agreed a deal for Paul Pogba worth €120m + €20 (1/2)

Dunno who this fella is but I'll take some positive news.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

120 was too much, 140 is ****ing foolish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

zerks wrote: »

That tweet is two hours old and no one else has jumped on it yet? I'm not sure I'll allow myself get too excited yet

zerks wrote: »

Trust me account has no credibility! He is probably a spotty teenager at home tweeting to the masses !

Every second tweet over the last fortnight on his account has been essentially the same narrative!! Look tyhrough his account!!

Cant believe people buy into these tweets so easily! (you arent the only one!)

other places saying its a fake account :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement