Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Thats just stupid money for a player who i dont think is near the scale of world class yet. Hes an huge improvement on what we have but thats really is stupid money

although i wouldnt be surprised if this is rubbish

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

120 was too much, 140 is ****ing foolish
    140m is what the cost is in Euro's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Also what a name! "Dick Marrow"!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Trust me account has no credibility! He is probably a spotty teenager at home tweeting to the masses !

Every second tweet over the last fortnight on his account has been essentially the same narrative!! Look tyhrough his account!!

Cant believe people buy into these tweets so easily! (you arent the only one!)

I just posted the tweet,I didn't hold much faith in it,considering even the most trusted journo's know as much as we do at this stage,it will be a case of wait until Pogba is in OT holding a shirt up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Really don't understand how people fall for those accounts.

Google search his image and you get a result of "Person" for goodness sake.

A selection of Dick Marrows tweets!:

Many of my sources are suggesting that £32m Edinson Cavani move is on the cards for Manchester United #MUFC #Transfers #PSG

Recently I have been hearing reports that Nianngolan wants to speed up the process of his transfer to Chelsea.

I've also heard recently that Juventus are going to place a bid for Ozil as a replacement for #Pogba who will sign for #MUFC tomorrow. #AFC (a week and a half ago!)

The next day..........
    The transfer window is heating up now! I'm now hearing that Real Madrid have snapped up Paul Pogba at the outrage of Ed Woodward! #MUFC

On holiday I've just seen Paul Pogba at Miami airport #MUFC #RMFC #Juve (sure you have, Ted!!)

And then the best yet!!

An unauthorised personnel, close to Arsene Wenger, has told me that the signing of Xhaka was the first of many. #AFC #Arsenal #Wenger

I mean Arsenal................"first of many"!!

I reiterate, stay away from Twitter, you will go insane!!!

zerks wrote: »
    I just posted the tweet,I didn't hold much faith in it,considering even the most trusted journo's know as much as we do at this stage,it will be a case of wait until Pogba is in OT holding a shirt up.

Ah, no, I know, wasnt having a go. Its just annoying seeing all these tweets thrown onto the page for last three weeks when they all say same thing!

A quick browse through that account would have shown you the credibility that that tweet should have!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Jesus christ lads, it's a tweet, talk/gossip/rumours is in the thread title, stop gettin yer boxers in a twist.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Ronaldo didn't give a fiddlers about United, he obviously had a good relationship with Fergie and got on with his team mates but ultimately he is a professional footballer doing a job and that is what he did at United. He's not alone in that either, plenty of players don't necessarily love the clubs they play for. Ronaldo was the best player to grace Old Trafford in terms of international recognition since George Best so naturally we as United fans want to believe he loves United, the fact is he doesn't now and didn't when he was here. He was phenomenal for us and has a great regard to for the club but he doesn't love the club, no more than second place record goal scorer and current captain Wayne Rooney loves the club he tried so hard to leave on two occasions. Footballers are doing a job, I don't love the company I work for, most people are similarly inclined, why should footballers be any different?

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

If I took time to research all these tweets,Jayo and Astradave would give me grief for being too slow in posting them.:P

nullzero wrote: »
    Ronaldo didn't give a fiddlers about United, he obviously had a good relationship with Fergie and got on with his team mates but ultimately he is a professional footballer doing a job and that is what he did at United. He's not alone in that either, plenty of players don't necessarily love the clubs they play for. Ronaldo was the best player to grace Old Trafford in terms of international recognition since George Best so naturally we as United fans want to believe he loves United, the fact is he doesn't now and didn't when he was here. He was phenomenal for us and has a great regard to for the club but he doesn't love the club, no more than second place record goal scorer and current captain Wayne Rooney loves the club he tried so hard to leave on two occasions. Footballers are doing a job, I don't love the company I work for, most people are similarly inclined, why should footballers be any different?

I cant see much difference between his relationship with the club and fans of Madrid and United in how he conducts himself ??? He is there to do a job, moreso for himself on a personal level if anything!

How in gods name do you know whether he loved the club or not!!

His footballing heart was in it when he was there. He went out and performed professionally, with respect and enjoyment. You would want to be a very cold and calculated person to spend 6 seasons there without enjoying your time there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

"At long last, with the meeting about to end, @MinoRaiola, @juventusfc and @ManUtd have agreed a deal for Paul Pogba worth €120m + €20 (1/2)"

Aha what's the score for? Does everyone in the meeting get a centra chicken roll as part of the deal? And why aren't Juve paying at least half? We're such walkovers. Disgraceful. WOODWARD OUT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,466 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

I cant see much difference between his relationship with the club and fans of Madrid and United in how he conducts himself ??? He is there to do a job, moreso for himself on a personal level if anything!

How in gods name do you know whether he loved the club or not!!

His footballing heart was in it when he was there. He went out and performed professionally, with respect and enjoyment. You would want to be a very cold and calculated person to spend 6 seasons there without enjoying your time there

I'm making an educated guess that he didnt/doesn't love the club.
    United fans in comparison to Madrid fans are extremely easy going and routinely endear themselves to players in a way that is alien in Madrid. Ronaldo loves being a Madrid player but has made no secret of his displeasure with his treatment at the hands of some of their supporters.
    Also, every time Ronaldo wants an extra 50 grand a week in his wages all he has to do is bat his eyelids at United and by the end of the month he's got a pay rise.
    Players are professionals, they are not required to love the clubs they play for, being a couple person has nothing to do with it, expecting that is something I find puzzling and laughable.

Glazers Out!

• sky88 wrote: »
    To be honest in his last year while he was not as good as previous years and i think he wanted the move to madrid badly as wanted to move closer to home i dont think he ever didnt have his heart in it for united at any time during that year.

He wanted to move to Madrid to take his career to the next level, which he did. Utd had peeked by winning the CL that year, as they did in 99.
    It was inevitable he was going to move and look at he player he has become today.
    He's entitled to be selfish if it relates to his career.
    Doesn't mean he wasn't dedicated to Utd or the cause. I have huge respect for him and what he did when he played for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I just want this whole thing finished. It's been way too dragged out

• Advertisement

nullzero wrote: »
    I'm making an educated guess that he didnt/doesn't love the club.
    United fans in comparison to Madrid fans are extremely easy going and routinely endear themselves to players in a way that is alien in Madrid. Ronaldo loves being a Madrid player but has made no secret of his displeasure with his treatment at the hands of some of their supporters.
    Also, every time Ronaldo wants an extra 50 grand a week in his wages all he has to do is bat his eyelids at United and by the end of the month he's got a pay rise.
    Players are professionals, they are not required to love the clubs they play for, being a couple person has nothing to do with it, expecting that is something I find puzzling and laughable.

United are controlling the wages of Ronaldo! :eek:

Eh, isnt it the exact same thing at Madrid! They have bowed at his every command!

And dont all successfull players demand new contracts? I dont recall Ronaldo ever holding us to ransom? He personally decided himself to stay another year. He would have got paid more at Madrid had he left after 2007/08

Im not sure your point here!

The point is you (or whoever the original poster was) are saying his heart was never for one second at United! Just because they are footballers, earning millions doesnt mean they cant build up a professional appreciation to the club. Ronaldo seems to be very emotive from what I see.

Noone is saying Old Trafford was his Church, we are merely saying he had a great mutual relationship with the club, which wasnt driven merely by his pay packet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Its like Groundhog day

Its like Groundhog day

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Pfft, it's only the end of July. You've still got weeks left of transfer dramas :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Patience Often Garners Brilliant Aquisitions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

P*ss Off Gee Bag Agent

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

adox wrote: »
    Patience Often Garners Brilliant Aquisitions.

More often it gets ya sweet fek all :)

He will be able apply for residency if he stays any longer over there.

Screenshot_20160727_200739.pngpictures upload

He does put his neck on the line infairness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

Are we there yet?

jayo26 wrote: »
    Screenshot_20160727_200739.pngpictures upload

He does put his neck on the line infairness

He is cracking for engaging with people on twitter tbh.

It looks like every credible Journo is saying the same thing about the medical in USA. Looks like a briefing from Juve.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

So what I am reading is that we have a fee agreed with Juve, a contract with Pogba, and now we just have to give some cash to Raoila? Grand. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

What time will he be doing keepie uppies in the Bernabeu at?

• Advertisement

What time will he be doing keepie uppies in the Bernabeu at?

The have to assemble the stage

astradave wrote: »

I thought they left one there for the duration of the Summer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,356 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I f we spend 100mill on Pogba I demand a grand unveiling in Old Trafford with a stage and Pogba to sky dive from a plane in full united kit before slowly parachuting into the stadium :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,654 ✭✭✭✭Sand

zerks wrote: »
    Sportwitness are analysing the news that Madrid are getting a bit more interested in Hazard as their shiny new toy,good news for us if that happens.They can barely afford one new superstar let alone two.

It might be petty but it would be nice if MUFC monitored Reals targets and displayed enough interest to force Madrid to pay top money and top wages for every single purchase. Everyone knows United has money and overcharges the club - might as well force Real and Co. to pay the same prices with less money.

Seriously though. Madrid haven't made any big signings yet or have I missed something? It would be odd for them not to even without the transfer ban coming up.

Seriously though. Madrid haven't made any big signings yet or have I missed something? It would be odd for them not to even without the transfer ban coming up.

Who can they justify to replace from a Champions League winning squad. Andre Gomes was one of their targets and he was supposed to be a Squad player. a 65m euro squad player.. but Barca stole him :D

they'll probably end up with Aubameyang

They were linked with Hazard today for 59m pounds. dunno how credible it was though, Sports Witness covered it.

• Advertisement

City went very quiet on aubameyang haven't they?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,768 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

The is always talk of deals for awaiting for the medical, and sometimes if the deadline is fast approaching they do medicals wherever the player happens to be.

Not ever having done a medical for a tier 1 club (or tier2, or tier 3...damn it I'll just admit it I never done one for any club!), does anybody know what is actually involved? Is it kinda like a usual GP visit, cough a few times and then run around a bit to check their knees don't explode (the player not the doctor!) or is it more detailed than that?

They are too wrapped up in bring up there spend on CB's to 130m over the last 2/3 years haha

They have opened discussions for Stones according to the BBC

probably fighting a losing battle there:

"he only club I would leave for are Real Madrid. If they don't come calling, I don't leave.

"My grandfather, the dad of my mum, always wished that I would play in Spain. Two years ago, when he died, I promised him that someday I will play for Real - and I work hard to reach that goal.

"Real Madrid is my main goal but at the moment I like it here. If there is a chance to go to Madrid, I will immediately say yes - but at the moment there is no contact."

Luke Chadwick: 2002

Aubameyang: 2016

But seriously, he said that, pretty inevitable he will end up there, if not this season, next.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    The is always talk of deals for awaiting for the medical, and sometimes if the deadline is fast approaching they do medicals wherever the player happens to be.

Not ever having done a medical for a tier 1 club (or tier2, or tier 3...damn it I'll just admit it I never done one for any club!), does anybody know what is actually involved? Is it kinda like a usual GP visit, cough a few times and then run around a bit to check their knees don't explode (the player not the doctor!) or is it more detailed than that?

As far as i know there is definitely a Stress test involved anyways, stamina, heart conditions, Lung Capacity, conditions of joints and muscles etc., loads of X-Rays and MRI's etc.

They do go on for hours all the same.

You can pass a medical while injured if the doctor feels the injury will heel full and have no affect on the players career

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Aubameyang said it is his dream to play for Real Madrid as his father is from Avila in Spain I think he said it was, and they are Real Madrid fans.
    But he is staying in Dortmund by all accounts for this season.

• Advertisement

Leroy42 wrote: »

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/whats-medical-how-pass-one-and-why-some-players-dont

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

Anyone see any of the reserves vs Salford the other day?

Some cracking goals from Harrop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

The resigned Moratta whom is a class act.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

As far as i know there is definitely a Stress test involved anyways, stamina, heart conditions, Lung Capacity, conditions of joints and muscles etc., loads of X-Rays and MRI's etc.

They do go on for hours all the same.

You can pass a medical while injured if the doctor feels the injury will heel full and have no affect on the players career

Check the conditions of joints? where do I sign up? :D

billyhead wrote: »
    The resigned Moratta whom is a class act.

Good player but wouldn't be first choice at madrid unless he improves drastically. I think they signed him to earn a profit more so then to use him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement