Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

Me and Fellaini are done. we have a proper manager in charge now. Fellaini is on borrowed time. If a bid comes in, IMO he will be sold

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote:
    Me and Fellaini are done. we have a proper manager in charge now. Fellaini is on borrowed time. If a bid comes in, IMO he will be sold

I now hope he's offered a contract extension

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

bangkok wrote: »

I really do think you have a hard on for him. Every post seems to be about him.

I bet your house has posters of fellaini all over it going my dream boat

I really do think you have a hard on for him. Every post seems to be about him.

I bet your house has posters of fellaini all over it going my dream boat

Look back on last 20 or more pages, I haven't mentioned him once yet my name and his have been put together numerous times by different posters. I didn't bite, I actually think some here like the fellaini bashing :)

brinty wrote: »
    I now hope he's offered a contract extension

Because I think he should be sold? Ok

Sure give Rooney a new 5 year 250k a week contract while their at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

bangkok wrote:
    Because I think he should be sold? Ok

Yea pretty much
    Pity it wouldn't stop your little girl whining and moaning about him though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I hope Fellaini goes aswell. I never wanted him in the first place. I know he's done a decent job in some games but he's not up to the standard of midfielder we should have in the team imo. He's big and awkward like Yaya but unlike Yaya in his prime he doesn't have that extra bit of quality to make a goal out of nothing for example. He's too slow and laboured around the pitch for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

I agree with bangkok guys he gets linked with talking about fellaini more then he actually does talk about fellaini but the problem is that when he does talk about fellaini he fecken doesn't stop talking about fellaini.

#Bangkokvile4eva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

Fellaini was a piss poor signing... just a pityful Moyes panick buy... never played anywhere near as good as he looked for toffees.We will drop a good few $ on his disposal and nothing to look back on in fairness .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Despite the numbers available in MF I still think we are quite weal there. I dont see Fellaini being sold. There are a few there that are ahead of him in those stakes.

Its going to be a huge year for Schneiderlin and I`m not sure hes up to it. We seem to be putting an awful lot of faith in him which is worrying. I expect Carrick and Schweinsteiger to be bit part players next season. Realistically they both should be moved on and replaced but with the additions elsewhere in the squad and the huge sum being spent on Pogba its understandable that it isnt happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Fellaini is a decent squad option to have, he isn't good enough to be a starter but adds a much needed bit of thuggery to our squad.

The fact that he pisses off opposition fans no end merely sweetens the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

zerks wrote: »
    Careful clicking on MickyTargaryans twitter,apparently there is a selfie of Valencia with his hand barely covering his lad in his media.

Just one hand, didn't need 2?

Poor chap can't catch a break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Fellaini is a decent squad option to have, he isn't good enough to be a starter but adds a much needed bit of thuggery to our squad.

He actually doesn't though.

I mean he's not up to Utd of old standards. I don't watch all your matches but it seems his two key skills are taking the ball down from the air and giving away frees. Also he's a midfielder who can't pass the ball forwards.

If Arsenal are playing Utd I 100% want to see his name on the teamsheet.

Yeah he does the odd good thing and has a physical presence but he holds the team back so much.

Fellaini playing for Utd has done quite the opposite of piss off opposition fans.

Scholes, now he was an annoying little bollocks.

• Don't worry lads, Ibras shirt sales are paying for Pogba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

gosplan wrote: »
    Also he's a midfielder who can't pass the ball forwards.

Some mitigating circumstances in that regard to be fair.

• Advertisement

He got booed off a few times by United fans as well, unfairly I might add.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Don't worry lads, Ibras shirt sales are paying for Pogba

United missed a trick giving him number 9.
    Should have gave him 100 if possible and got the extra for 2 other numbers to be printed.

Ed messing up again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Don't worry lads, Ibras shirt sales are paying for Pogba

Martial shirt sales probably already have.

https://twitter.com/uMAXitFootball/status/758316246790057984

Pogba would get some jump if his deal goes threw if say he be top of the pile before long with Ibra.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Martial shirt sales probably already have.

https://twitter.com/uMAXitFootball/status/758316246790057984

Is that the total shirt sales then the person who sold the most?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

astradave wrote: »
    Is that the total shirt sales then the person who sold the most?

total,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

The only thing worse then the will he/won't he Pogba stuff is the Fellani stuff...... AGAIN!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    The only thing worse then the will he/won't he Pogba stuff is the Fellani stuff...... AGAIN!

Well it was a break from pogba until you ruined it ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Cesc auditioning for a move?

ot3dyq.jpg

ot3dyq.jpg

The sort of **** that went on in that match makes me extremely glad we didn't play city. It's never a friendly these days.

The sort of **** that went on in that match makes me extremely glad we didn't play city. It's never a friendly these days.

Dude...it's the fúcking International Champions Cup, bitta respect, no?

Cesc clearly wanted it on his list of honours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

ot3dyq.jpg

What a scummy thing to say I hope to play against Everton or United I'll put name in history by scoring or hurting someone

Stay classy

stankratz wrote: »
    Dude...it's the fúcking International Champions Cup, bitta respect, no?

Cesc clearly wanted it on his list of honours.

IT'S A TITLE
    Netherlands_Portraits_2014_FIFA_World_Cup_Brazil.jpgupload a picture

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

What a scummy thing to say I hope to play against Everton or United I'll put name in history by scoring or hurting someone

Stay classy

The scousers on rawk will love that, they're always wishing injury on our players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Stay classy

Maybe he wants break Gerrard's impressive record of getting sent off within 30 seconds of playing us

#makehistory

• Advertisement

Stay classy

Dont think it's a genuine account tho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

What's the latest. PogOn or Off? I hear the Guardian say an announcement is imminent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Stay classy

3 match ban for that flucka!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

What's the latest. PogOn or Off? I hear the Guardian say an announcement is imminent.

PogKnows

It's off, we have decided to re-sign TC23 instead

Stay classy

Surely that quote has to be fake? I don't know, but it's such a ridiculous thing to say. Even if he's planning on hurting someone in a game, you don't come out and say it before hand, no matter what level of desperate fan you are trying to appease on social media. Klopp has just sent Sahko home for tardiness, I reckon he wouldn't stand for one of his players engaging in this sort of thuggish discourse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

It's off, we have decided to re-sign TC23 instead

In Jose I trust.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

gosplan wrote: »
    He actually doesn't though.

I mean he's not up to Utd of old standards. I don't watch all your matches but it seems his two key skills are taking the ball down from the air and giving away frees. Also he's a midfielder who can't pass the ball forwards.

If Arsenal are playing Utd I 100% want to see his name on the teamsheet.

Yeah he does the odd good thing and has a physical presence but he holds the team back so much.

Fellaini playing for Utd has done quite the opposite of piss off opposition fans.

Scholes, now he was an annoying little bollocks.

Scholes was an annoying little bollox because he was a world class footballer that would have walked into any team in the world.

The big fella is clearly not even close to that level but for the last couple of seasons, last year in particular we were soft as a bag of boiled shyte in MF but when he played, most of time we weren't bullied about.

He is very easy to criticise for people because he is an ungainly looking player but there is more to him than some seem to think.

When we played Everton I hated to see him on the team sheet as he always played out of his skin for them.

Despite the crap he has gotten from some fans (booing him is knuckle dragging stuff) he has always played his heart out and given 100% on the pitch and gotten on with his work.

There is also the fact that United have been broken for the last 3 seasons too.

I believe having a world class manager like Jose over him will bring him on leaps and bounds and I really hope he us kept as part of the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I wonder will Janzuaj be sold by jose or just loaned out. Can't see him playing any part this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Stay classy

This is why we keep Fellaini

adox wrote: »
    Despite the numbers available in MF I still think we are quite weal there. I dont see Fellaini being sold. There are a few there that are ahead of him in those stakes.

Its going to be a huge year for Schneiderlin and I`m not sure hes up to it. We seem to be putting an awful lot of faith in him which is worrying. I expect Carrick and Schweinsteiger to be bit part players next season. Realistically they both should be moved on and replaced but with the additions elsewhere in the squad and the huge sum being spent on Pogba its understandable that it isnt happening.

What do you think about Herrera? I think there are a few players in there who have a decisive season ahead of them at the club, Schneiderlin, Herrera and Fellaini.

With Fellaini, I feel I know all he can bring to the team and where his strengths and weaknesses lie by now. If Mourinho chooses to sell him this window, I won't feel "Ah shucks, what could have been?". That is no slight against the player, I hope he remains at the club as we need a strong squad with depth this season, just that I know what he can and can't do for us by now.

With Morgan and Ander, I really think we need to see them play under a manager who allows them to use some of that instinct which players like them need to have at their disposal in order to play at their best. They haven't been afforded prime conditions to thrive since their arrival at OT. Both of them have blown hot and cold with their minutes on the pitch. However, all but a few of our players have blown cold during LVG's reign. Morgan and Ander have shown me enough to convince me that they deserve a proper run in a functioning United team. Morgan in DM, Ander in CM.

If we complete that signing, a MF to choose from Pogba, Schneiderlin, Herrera, Fellaini, Carrick, Schweinsteiger, and Blind* isn't the worst place to start from for 2016/17. In the interest of bringing on Herrera and Schneiderlin's development at the club, I would say that's enough for the coming season.

I will agree that there is a bit of faith required when it comes to Morgan, but I honestly feel that he has it in him to nail down a place in the team but just had a less than glowing first season at the club overall. There were solid performances from him though, my faith is in the new manager also to make those performances from him more consistent.

*Blind...whatever will become of Blind at Mourinho's United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Would love afroman to play out of his skin this season and nail his name to the scoresheet just to shut the negative nannies up.

I wasn't his biggest fan I'll admit but he did a great job when needed imo.

Nobody bullies him that's a good thing to have in middle of park

paulbok wrote: »
    This is why we keep Fellaini

We are much bigger than Liverpool, I wouldn't be listening to what some mid team table player has to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

• Advertisement

Would love afroman to play out of his skin this season and nail his name to the scoresheet just to shut the negative nannies up.

I wasn't his biggest fan I'll admit but he did a great job when needed imo.

Nobody bullies him that's a good thing to have in middle of park

Majority of best midfielders in the world are small, can pass, score, skilfull, think modric, kroos, iniesta, veratta, xavi at barca, Scholes at united, pogba is the exception, he has the skill and vision to go with the build, fellaini doesn't come close to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Look at that lovely head of hair

https://twitter.com/Fellaini/status/758669079196631040

*runs* :D

It must be getting close

https://twitter.com/SergeMUFC/status/758668497870327808

That's salty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Ibra is now out for 8 weeks

phil-jones-and-zlatan-ibrahimovic-of-manchester-united-in-action-a-picture-id584035098?s=594x594

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement