Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2016 - Mod Warning Post #6863

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

RasTa wrote: »
    Ibra is now out for 8 weeks

phil-jones-and-zlatan-ibrahimovic-of-manchester-united-in-action-a-picture-id584035098?s=594x594

As long as Phil is fine we'll be grand

An apparently reliable Milan publisher, Corriere Della Sera, are running that the deal is done and will be announced tomorrow. The article is in Italian though...

http://www.corriere.it/sport/16_luglio_28/pogba-united-stavolta-ci-siamo-046360fe-5434-11e6-bb79-1e466f3b40d8.shtml

While a newspaper saying Pogba is going to sign soon is nothing new, what does interest me is that CDS say that he will be signed on a 6 year contract.

If he signs, it will be great, but a 6 year contract would be amazing. Yes, contracts mean shít in terms of how long a player will actually hang around, but it also means that anyone Real Madrid who want to sign Pogba would have to pay a wedge to do it in the next 3-4 seasons.

Also, the article states that he will get the number 6 jersey.

6 year contract, #6 jersey, there's the "Route 66" comment from yesterday explained :pac:

Edit: This article actually seems to say nothing about 6 years, and I read a misleading headline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Sky Sports are such bullshters. They say their sources say the deal is close. They know no more than me or you. They announce this in case it does happen and they don't want to be seen not having the breaking news. Obvious I know but it's pathetic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Oh,

Tomorrow

OK.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,383 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Until United announce it is DONE I'm not allowing myself to believe it is. Been burnt far too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

That article says nothing about 6 year contract?!

stankratz wrote: »
    An apparently reliable Milan publisher, Corriere Della Sera, are running that the deal is done and will be announced tomorrow. The article is in Italian though...

http://www.corriere.it/sport/16_luglio_28/pogba-united-stavolta-ci-siamo-046360fe-5434-11e6-bb79-1e466f3b40d8.shtml

While a newspaper saying Pogba is going to sign soon is nothing new, what does interest me is that CDS say that he will be signed on a 6 year contract.

If he signs, it will be great, but a 6 year contract would be amazing. Yes, contracts mean shít in terms of how long a player will actually hang around, but it also means that anyone Real Madrid who want to sign Pogba would have to pay a wedge to do it in the next 3-4 seasons.

Also, the article states that he will get the number 6 jersey.

6 year contract, #6 jersey, there's the "Route 66" comment from yesterday explained :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,383 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Fool me once.....

Thiago, snider, fabregas, hazard....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

But but but we were talking about fellaini :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The Corriere report, translated by a shaved baboon (since I went to the trouble of copying/paste, I might as well share)...
    And yet it moves. Small steps, Paul Pogba is close to Manchester United. The white smoke still there, but it really is around the corner. Juve are feverish hours, not only for the arrival of Gonzalo Higuain: you are defining fact also the farewell of the French champion. Within a couple of days, less than sensational and unthinkable reversals, all the pieces of the puzzle will be arranged. And then with the departure of the number 10 it will set a new record, that of the most expensive transfer in football history. The deal is expected to close to 110 million.
    To get to the cartel are still to polish some distances between clubs related to bonuses (Juve could get additional 10 million) but above all to the committee that it is up to the entourage of the player. Outlay latter, according to the Bianconeri, must be done by the Red Devils. On this point, the British seem to have convinced. Meanwhile, Juventus does not stop and work to find a replacement. The strong name is always to Nemanja Matic Chelsea. Conte has taken off the market but the Bianconeri pressure continues. Same for Blaise Matuidi, corazziere PSG and France. How Pogba belongs to the stable of Mino Raiola and this aspect could not be secondary. The trio under observation is complemented by the Belgian Witsel Zenit St Petersburg, although there can be some surprise names. Nothing to do for Mascherano, who has renewed until 2019 with Barcelona. Napoli instead traveling at two speeds. Icardi not give in and embrace Milik. The Polish striker will arrive today and will support medical. The after Higuain is taking shape. At the same time, however, fades Corentin Tolisso: the offer of 26 million seemed to be able to break in Lyon but the midfielder changed his mind and said no to the transfer. This is yet another refusal cashed in this market after Klaassen, Zielinski, Lapadula and Candreva. And President De Laurentiis has to deal with the anxiety of Koulibaly not insensitive to the sirens of Chelsea. The Blues have offered 45 million for the defender but Napoli makes wall. The center does not sell, at least not until he had found a substitute: for this have been offered 22 million to Turin to Maksimovic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

"The last details" must be freaking bigger then The Old Testament :)

You're absolutely right. I've google translated it now and see that it only mentions the deal is imminent, nothing about contract length. This was posted over on Reddit with the '6 years' in the headline link. I clicked in to the comments to check the reputation of the source. No one seemed to mention anything about 'where is 6 years coming from?'. I don't post on reddit, so can't raise this point like you did.

Anyway, if Pogba signs and for this huge fee, I'd like to see a lengthy contract worthy of the investment the club has made.

You're absolutely right. I've google translated it now and see that it only mentions the deal is imminent, nothing about contract length. This was posted over on Reddit with the '6 years' in the headline link. I clicked in to the comments to check the reputation of the source. No one seemed to mention anything about 'where is 6 years coming from?'. I don't post on reddit, so can't raise this point like you did.

Anyway, if Pogba signs and for this huge fee, I'd like to see a lengthy contract worthy of the investment the club has made.

get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2FHzTR9.gif&key=yEb_3YeQvKCxgpoCltQuIA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,461 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

I hope that one of the many last details in this contract will be that the agent doesn't have a similar 20% fee deal in the future.

:confused:

joke mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

get?url=http%3A%2F%2Fimgur.com%2FHzTR9.gif&key=yEb_3YeQvKCxgpoCltQuIA

sneaky little hobbitses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Di Marzio is trustworthy. I'd put my faith in his reports. This deal is all but done.

• Advertisement

joke mate!

Ah right, well you left out 'lazy' ;)

Until United announce it is DONE I'm not allowing myself to believe it is. Been burnt far too often.

Fair play, I try to stick to that, but in this case I can't help but drill the 'refresh' key out of it.

I know we've had our sagas either side of it, but Vidal Summer 2014 was the killer for me.

Ah right, well you left out 'lazy' ;)

ok, you are a liar, a thief and lazy.....that ok!!! :D:D:D

ok, you are a liar, a thief and lazy.....that ok!!! :D:D:D

Didn't know my OH was on Boards!

magnumbud wrote: »
    sneaky little hobbitses

party020916d.jpg

rafael-fabio-da-silva.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

zerks wrote:
    Di Marzio is trustworthy. I'd put my faith in his reports. This deal is all but done.

Its only done when he's played a match for us lads and ladies

• Advertisement

stankratz wrote:
    Didn't know my OH was on Boards!

That deserves a virtual high five dude

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The world is going to Sh!te.

ISIS. Brexit. Trump.

And now the gullibility of boardsies. Actually thinking we are signing Pogba.

Newsflash. We are not signing Paul Pogba.

Check my record. Flawless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Look at that lovely head of hair

https://twitter.com/Fellaini/status/758669079196631040

*runs* :D

I like his new haircut.

It shows a real devil may care attitude. The self belief oozes from his wire like tresses, you can really feel the confidence emanating from him, like the mane of a wild stallion, unfettered, uncontrollable, untameable.

FutureGuy wrote:
    Newsflash. We are not signing Paul Pogba.

I <3 you FutureGuy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

zerks wrote: »

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/724602414255484929?s=09

Hope you didn't put too much faith into this tweet of his then :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,597 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

https://twitter.com/DiMarzio/status/724602414255484929?s=09

Hope you didn't put too much faith into this tweet of his then :pac:

Sanches was supposedly really close, and we dithered (LVG) and Bayern swooped in and got it done.

astradave wrote: »
    Sanches was supposedly really close, and we dithered (LVG) and Bayern swooped in and got it done.

We didn't get him though and its only head wrecking knowing how "close" we are to signing someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

We didn't get him though and its only head wrecking knowing how "close" we are to signing someone.

But that doesn't make any sense with what you posted.. your saying you hope zerks didn't trust the tweet yet the tweet was true :confused:

It was confirmed that we were very close to signing Sanches, so therefore DiMarzio was on the ball with that tweet

astradave wrote:
    It was confirmed that we were very close to signing Sanches, so therefore DiMarzio was on the ball with that tweet

Amen dude

But as Arthur said to batman

Some people just want to see the world burn....

But that doesn't make any sense with what you posted.. your saying you hope zerks didn't trust the tweet yet the tweet was true :confused:

How does it not make sense? I said I hope he doesn't put much faith into that tweet. Meaning I hope he didn't think we were definitely signing Sanches. It's not that difficult to work out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

The journalist diMarzio is as close to knowing whats going on as there is so I would be confident that this deal is nearly done barring crossing the Ts and dotting the Is. We will have some team for this season and must make a serious title challenge. This would be my best 11

De Gea

Valencia Bailly Smalling Shaw

Sneiderlin

Pogba Martial
    Mihakitarian

Zlatan Rashford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Was that just a confirmation or am I dreaming?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

brinty wrote: »
    Amen dude

But as Arthur said to batman

Some people just want to see the world burn....

Think you mean Alfred :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Was that just a confirmation or am I dreaming?

either that or the complete opposite :confused::confused::confused::(

billyhead wrote: »
    The journalist diMarzio is as close to knowing whats going on as there is so I would be confident that this deal is nearly done barring crossing the Ts and dotting the Is. We will have some team for this season and must make a serious title challenge. This would be my best 11

De Gea

Valencia Bailly Smalling Shaw

Sneiderlin

Pogba Martial
    Mihakitarian

Zlatan Rashford

Valencia is nowhere near our best team, not even close.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Valencia is nowhere near our best team, not even close.

Martial is also not a CM

Lithium93_ wrote:
    Think you mean Alfred

I do
    Don't know what possessed me to say Arthur

Julez wrote: »
    Martial is also not a CM

I presume he means that he would be cutting in from the wing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

If Reus is a cm then Martial can be too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Reus is a CM in the same way that Rafael is a CM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,981 ✭✭✭billyhead

I mean Martial on the left wing and I cant think of anyone else to play an attacking right back that would be as good as Valencia. Darmian (nothing special) or TFM (a bit raw still)

• Advertisement

billyhead wrote:
    I mean Martial on the left wing and I cant think of anyone else to play an attacking right back that would be as good as Valencia. Darmian (nothing special) or TFM (a bit raw still)

Darmian and Shaw were bombing forward before Luke's injury last season
    Matteo starts at RB every day of the week

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement