Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upon failing the leaving cert (URGENT)

Options
  • 30-06-2016 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there! I recently did my leaving as did any 6th year irish students but because I was terrible at attending I'm left short on details, One: If i fail my leaving cert (which I am) where can I go from there? Im hoping to go to waterford and while looking at FETAC courses I became confused. I dont understand what the levels mean when it comes the the educational system if i fail my leaving will I be 5th or 6th level? Two: where can i sign up for FETAC courses (or the course I'll need to attend if im not applicable) in waterford or are there any? Three: I need help very soon because the applications close tomorrow or the day after im not sure.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

FETAC Courses are not part of the CAO system, you apply to FETAC (PLC) colleges independently.

On the national framework of qualifications, Leaving Cert is Level 4. There are 10 levels. If you've filled in the CAO application you'll have probably applied for Level 8 courses (Honours degrees) and Level 7 and 6 courses (Ordinary Degree, and Higher Certificate).

A Post Leaving Certificate (FETAC) courses is typically a one year course. Most are done at Level 5. There are a few available at Level 6.

A Level 5 course allows you to apply to the CAO with your Level 5 certificate for entry to college next year. You can score a maximum of 400 points with a Level 5 certificate.

Go to qualifax.ie and search for courses at level 5 in the waterford area, or just google PLC Courses waterford and you should find something to suit you.

Advertisement