Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapish add on to camera

Options
  • 30-06-2016 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭

This is a long shot! I have a colour CCTV camera covering the drive. It's connected to the tv. I can select it on tv and see what's going on outside.

My question is this. Is there like a hard drive that I could disconnect the input cable to tv that's feeding camera and connect it to this " hard drive " and connect hard drive back to tv input so that then ....I can do as I do now and monitor outside ..but record the footage as well?!

Just looking to see if there was a handy way to record the picture ( of drive) as well as just view it as I do now.

Hope ye can follow me! I have power (220v) at rear of tv area to power this " hard drive" if such a thing exists

Thks
    Paddy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

This is a long shot! I have a colour CCTV camera covering the drive. It's connected to the tv. I can select it on tv and see what's going on outside.

My question is this. Is there like a hard drive that I could disconnect the input cable to tv that's feeding camera and connect it to this " hard drive " and connect hard drive back to tv input so that then ....I can do as I do now and monitor outside ..but record the footage as well?!

Just looking to see if there was a handy way to record the picture ( of drive) as well as just view it as I do now.

Hope ye can follow me! I have power (220v) at rear of tv area to power this " hard drive" if such a thing exists

Thks
    Paddy

If it is an analog camera then you could use a DVR to record the images and have the TV for viewing a live feed.
    Id recommend a hybrid system as these will allow for HD cameras as well if you decided to upgrade the camera for a better picture down the line.
    LTS/HIKVisison would be what I would recommend.
    Can be got straight from the suppliers here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

altor wrote: »
    If it is an analog camera then you could use a DVR to record the images and have the TV for viewing a live feed.
    Id recommend a hybrid system as these will allow for HD cameras as well if you decided to upgrade the camera for a better picture down the line.
    LTS/HIKVisison would be what I would recommend.
    Can be got straight from the suppliers here.

Thks altor. I'm not that well up on CCTV can you say what approx price the unit you think I could use would ...be .. PLEASE

Link is to alarm installers ..Thks

Thks altor. I'm not that well up on CCTV can you say what approx price the unit you think I could use would ...be .. PLEASE

We do not give out pricing on here Paddy but if you contact suppliers on the suppliers list they will happily give you pricing on a system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

Sound thks

Sound thks

No problem Paddy, any other questions please let us know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement