Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Belfast trip, charging advice please

• 30-06-2016 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭

I am planning a family trip to the Titanic quarter in Belfast this Saturday, ie Meath - Belfast - Return.
    Will my ESB card work up north? Are there many free chargers across the border?
    I have a 30kw Leaf so I just need enough charge in Belfast to get me back to castlebellingham, but I would like a few options in case of iced chargers etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭cros13

macnab wrote: »
    I am planning a family trip to the Titanic quarter in Belfast this Saturday, ie Meath - Belfast - Return.
    Will my ESB card work up north? Are there many free chargers across the border?
    I have a 30kw Leaf so I just need enough charge in Belfast to get me back to castlebellingham, but I would like a few options in case of iced chargers etc.

Yup, it's one network. The ecars map has all the chargepoints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,435 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Only charger in the North that doesn't accept the Irish (or NI for that matter) cards is the Ecotricity one at Ikea Belfast. I've heard others say that they have been able to charge, but I have tried Irish and NI cards with no luck. Had to get a remote start there and that was only after they signed me up for an Ecotricity card!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Scottie99

You'll find the trip a breeze. I've done the trip a dozen times and travelled further onto Scotland. #NaeBother :)

Advertisement