Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

swearing on tv / radio etc

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,572 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

The f word and more seems to be used most days on the niall boylan show at 1pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,529 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Do parents really believe their kids don't swear?

I remember in school all the lads and some of the girls as well cursed like troopers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

when I was young, my mother started using the F word so much that I remember looking it up in the dictionary...

Fokker: German warplane

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,794 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Do parents really believe their kids don't swear?

I remember in school all the lads and some of the girls as well cursed like troopers.

ok then there is part of my point - if broadcasters are 'shielding' the children from swear words and profanities and more than likely a lot of these school children swear like troupers and hear a load of swear words and could most probably teach us grown up some new words ... then why have broadcasters got rules (whether they be official or otherwise) to not be allowed to swear until 9pm?

Or as I say do we want to listen to a tirade of swearing 24 hours a day on TV and radio even if kids swear like troupers ... do we still really want to end up like that?

Advertisement