Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing compound bows

• 01-07-2016 2:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Im looking at the bear cruzer rth compound bow, its around 80 euro cheaper from america but im worried customs will charge me more than 80 euro to import it. Does anyone know if they will charge me for it?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Im looking at the bear cruzer rth compound bow, its around 80 euro cheaper from america but im worried customs will charge me more than 80 euro to import it. Does anyone know if they will charge me for it?

You should allow for the following:

Cost of bow +
    Transport +
    Duty (If applicable) +
    VAT €23%.

Probably won't be long getting through €80 there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭greysides

Unless you are competent at setting up and maintaining a compound bow buying locally could be a benefit.

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress. Joseph Joubert

The ultimate purpose of debate is not to produce consensus. It's to promote critical thinking.

Adam Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Smokey Diesel

Ive been looking locally for a while and i cant seem to find any bows with this many accessories in ireland, even a bare compound bow costs a few hundred more than this bow here. Any good sites to buy off? I have a compound bow ive been using with the last year, i just wanted an upgrade as the one im using is an asd bow which i purchased from archery supplies direct and its not top quality but more of a beginner bow. Thanks for the replies

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Alternative sporting services,
    Quicks
    Archery Shop Ireland
    Shooting style Ireland
    Master archery Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Captingoogle

I got a Diamond infinite edge bow from burren archery, it's along the same lines as the bear cruzer, he is sound to deal with, local, and his price was as good as any online shop and the bow is a serious piece of kit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Sitka

Sent you a PM

Advertisement