Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deposit

Options
  • 01-07-2016 4:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi, at the moment I'm paying my bill in post office when I recieve my bill.

I was wondering could I switch over to direct debit now and get my 300 deposit back early by doing that? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 346 ✭✭Electric Ireland: Brige N

Hi ikeano29,

Thanks for your message.

If you paid a security deposit, and it has not yet been returned to your Electric Ireland account, then registering as a direct debit customer would cause the amount of the security deposit, €300, to be returned to your Electric Ireland account.

Should you choose to set direct debit up on your account, you can register online.

As a direct debit customer you may also be entitled to additional savings with Electric Ireland. Further information on all offerings available with Electric Ireland can be found online here, or our Sales department are available to call on 1850 305 090, from 8am to 8pm, Monday to Friday, and 9am to 5:30pm on Saturdays.

We hope this helps. If you have any other questions please let us know.

Thanks,
    Brige

________

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭ikeano29

So anyway I set up direct debit a few days ago and just got a letter today saying 14 days after issue date on each bill we will apply to your bank for payment.

Doesn't say anything anywhere about my deposit, even made online account and saying nothing there either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi ikeano29,

Thank you for getting in touch.

If you send any of us reps a private message confirming the Electric Ireland account number in question, stating that you are the account-holder and your name, address and date of birth, we will review ASAP.

Una

________

Advertisement