Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview suit?

• 01-07-2016 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Ladies, the oh's interview suit has had its day and I want to give her a voucher for somewhere in Dublin.
    Budget €400... Jacket n trousers (maybe shirt).

The main limiting factor is...Taller than average with broad shoulders!
    Somewhere where they'll give advice in store too... Left to her own devices she'll give up!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

MOD Hi OP, I've move this over to Fashion and Appearance as it's more suited to your question. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Try Reiss - nice ladies "work" stuff in there. Budget would be close, might get something in the sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

Try Reiss - nice ladies "work" stuff in there. Budget would be close, might get something in the sales.

Cool ta, would they be ok with 'Scandinavian' proportions? When are the sales at?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Gebgbegb wrote: »
    Cool ta, would they be ok with 'Scandinavian' proportions? When are the sales at?

Their sizing can be small what size are you looking for?

Their trousers are quite long

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Actually if you went down to kildare village there is reiss,Hobbs, jagear, and a few other shops that do women's suits and you'd get it under your budget

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭4ensic15

there is a lot of research saying that a woman does better wearing a skirt suit to an interview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

4ensic15 wrote: »
    there is a lot of research saying that a woman does better wearing a skirt suit to an interview.

Do you have links to this research?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

I have so much to say about this but I'm gonna limit it to bullet points.
    • A link to one article on a soft entertainment website does don't constitute "a lot of research"
    • The research talked about makes no mention of how well women do in interviews; it talks of asking random people to make "snap judgements" based on photos
    • The research quoted doesn't even pretend that it's actually researching how well women do based on clothing; it just infers what it wants from these 'snap judgements'

Also, Daily Mail as a credible source for this? Pmsl.

No offence but your entire point is completely moot.

I have so much to say about this but I'm gonna limit it to bullet points.
    • A link to one article on a soft entertainment website does don't constitute "a lot of research"
    • The research talked about makes no mention of how well women do in interviews; it talks of asking random people to make "snap judgements" based on photos
    • The research quoted doesn't even pretend that it's actually researching how well women do based on clothing; it just infers what it wants from these 'snap judgements'

Also, Daily Mail as a credible source for this? Pmsl.

No offence but your entire point is completely moot.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/8770629/Wear-a-skirt-to-make-a-good-impression-in-business.html

Maybe you prefer the telegraph?
    If the o/p is spending so much money he should get the value.

• Advertisement

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science/science-news/8770629/Wear-a-skirt-to-make-a-good-impression-in-business.html

Maybe you prefer the telegraph?
    If the o/p is spending so much money he should get the value.

Also research about showing more cleavage:rolleyes:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/2016/06/27/women-who-wear-low-cut-tops-on-job-applications-19-times-more-li/

But hey, that was done in france...

I think I'd rewind it a bit anyhow... I know her well enough to say she wont be going for skirt... or showing more cleavage.

She has a jacket and trousers so she aint gonna change no matter what I say. But thanks for the contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Deise_vixen

Ok, I'm going to ignore the previous spurious links and try and answer your original question......!

Would you consider either M+S or Next for the voucher? The reason that I suggest those two is that they offer "non-standard" ranges such as petite, tall etc. and you mentioned that your OH is taller than average. Additionally with that budget in those shops she may be able to get two pairs of the suit trousers when buying. I always try and do this because the trousers inevitably wear more than the jacket and you end up putting a suit aside because of the condition of the trousers more than the jacket.

I know that M+S/Next are not cutting edge fashion, but I think their quality is ok and you are buying a suit to last so you don't want something that will date quickly.

Alternatively, centres like Dundrum offer Personal Shopper services so you could arrange an appointment for her and get a voucher for the centre itself..More options then and hopefully the personal shopper would help get exactly what she wants in less time and less stress!!

Lovely thought from you by the way!!

Cheers ya, the personal shopper might be a good idea. Also the M&S option too, I've used them before for a 'quick cheap' suit and they worked out grand.

Advertisement