Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medicare Levy Exemption Query

Options
  • 01-07-2016 9:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭

My PR application was granted mid June 2016 & I've only applied for Medicare today. Am I entitled to (A) a full refund on the levy, (B) refund up until PR granted in mid June or (c) refund up until the date of my PR application which is when I could have applied for Medicare?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

My PR application was granted mid June 2016 & I've only applied for Medicare today. Am I entitled to (A) a full refund on the levy, (B) refund up until PR granted in mid June or (c) refund up until the date of my PR application which is when I could have applied for Medicare?

Thanks in advance.

As far as I know you would only be entitled to a refund up until the date of your PR application as this is when you became eligible for Medicare. It's one of the questions asked on the Medicare exemption levy form.

Advertisement