Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Saorsat, Kasat (9.0), Channel List

• 01-07-2016 10:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭

Saorsat, Channel List

Kasat (9.0E)

Reference transponder: 20185/L/25000

Channel List -

1. RTÉ One (1080i TXT/SUBT) (RTÉ AERTEL)
    2. RTÉ2 (1080i TXT/SUBT) (RTÉ AERTEL)
    3. RTÉ News Now (576i TXT/SUBT) (RTÉ AERTEL)
    4. TG4 (576i TXT/SUBT)
    5. (No Name, Blank Screen TV)
    6. (No Name, 2rn Colour test screen TV 576i TXT/SUBT, RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta audio)
    7. RTÉ Junior (576i TXT/SUBT) (RTÉ AERTEL)
    8. (No Name, Blank Screen TV)
    9. Tithe an Oireachtais (576i)
    10. (No Name, 2rn Colour test screen TV 576i, RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta audio)
    11. RTÉ One + 1 (576i TXT/SUBT) (RTÉ AERTEL)
    12. (No Name, Blank Screen TV)
    13. (No Name, Blank Screen TV)
    14. (No Name, Blank Screen TV)
    15. (No Name, Blank Screen TV)
    16. (No Name, Blank Screen TV)
    17. (No Name, Blank Screen TV)
    18. (No Name, Blank Screen TV)
    19. (No Name, Blank Screen TV)
    20. (No Name, Blank Screen TV)
    21. RTÉ Radio 1
    22. RTÉ 2FM
    23. RTÉ Lyric
    24. RTÉ Raidió na Gaeltachta
    25. RTÉ Radio 1 Extra
    26. RTÉ Pulse
    27. RTÉ 2XM
    28. RTÉ Junior
    29. RTÉ Gold
    30. RTÉ Chill

All Channels have Programme Information and Seven day EPG
    All RTÉ TV Channels have RTE Aertel

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,959 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

RTE said Saorsat would only cost €1 million, so it could not cost much for UTVi and TV3 to be on it. Why do they not go on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

RTE said Saorsat would only cost €1 million, so it could not cost much for UTVi and TV3 to be on it. Why do they not go on?

UTVi and TV3 are only interested in making profit and not serving the public.

It's possibly no financial benefit for TV3/UTVIi paying for carriage on Saorsat.

I wonder how much State/Govt aid and tax payers money was given to TV3?

Did UTVi get any State aid?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 887 ✭✭✭decor58

It has to be more economical to pay for 1 satellite transmission rather than a number of transmitters around the country. The point is always made that Saorsat is to supply the 2% that can't get Saorview but surely the reverse applies, the bulk of the country could receive Saorsat and freesat through 1 hd receiver with a Ka lnb and a Ku lnb on one dish.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Maybe the cost of Saorsat carriage should've been somehow included within the Saorview carriage costs, so any channel on Saorview would also be on Saorsat by default as a mirror service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭FRIENDO

byte wrote:
    Maybe the cost of Saorsat carriage should've been somehow included within the Saorview carriage costs, so any channel on Saorview would also be on Saorsat by default as a mirror service.

This would have been the best solution, pity it could not of happened.

• Advertisement
Advertisement