Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus service from Letterkenny to Belfast airports

• 01-07-2016 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hello! I'm new to Letterkenny and am not familiar with the bus options. I need to get to Belfast airport (not sure which one yet) early Monday morning to fly to Edinburgh and then will come back later that night. What are my bus options? Which buses go earliest and latest? My flight will probably leave around 10:00 and get back around 17:00 - just speculating so it could be later or earlier. When I arrived in Belfast in February I saw a white van shuttle service to Letterkenny parked outside of the international airport. It was fully booked so I couldn't get on it, but I'd like to know what service that was. It was very convenient as it picked up at the airport. Thanks for your help everyone!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,196 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I could be wrong but I dont think you will get a bus that early in the morning going to Belfast...not with Bus Eireann anyhow. Maybe try the private operators, McGinley, Boyce etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Not sure yout gonna get there that early OP. Would either suggest seeing what Goldline do from Derry, stay in Belfast the night before and get the shuttle bus from the city, or ask a mate very nicely.

There was once a private operator from Letterkenny to Belfast, who arranged a transfer on to their airport service just before the start of the M1, but even that only got you to the airport mid or late morning. Unfortunately cant remember there name, or even of they stil run. They used to do a weekly service to Glasgow as well if that helps with a google search.

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭cosanostra

Airporter used to do a shuttle from both belfast Airports to Derry Airport and on to Letterkenny not sure if they still do it though.

Patrick Gallagher coaches do the Donegal - Belfast run but i think they leave letterkenny around 9.30. There might be better options from Derry to Belfast but to be honest if you're catching a flight at that time in the morning and driving up isnt an option your best bet will be to stay at a hotel in Belfast the night before.

Advertisement