Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cutting Contract Short

Options
  • 01-07-2016 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm 3 months into a six month contract and really struggling. Not motivated about work and nearly in tears leaving the house each morning. I want to pull out now as I'm not up to it at the moment and in hindsight probably should never have taken the role on.

We are in the thick of a huge deployment and whilst I put on a brave face at work, underneath I want to finish up.

I realise I need help as I've had a really tough year family wise with the sudden loss of my dad and my mam becoming I'll.

I'm contracting into the company on a daily rate through an agency and just wondering if the agency would have any issues of me finishing 3 months into a six month contract? The stress is killing me at the minute.

I won't last 3 more months in my current mindset.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭livedadream

if you wont last leave, no job is worth your health,

listen im all for the stiff upper lip and sucking it up through the hard times but it reads like your really struggling with it.

Leave, hand in your notice and leave.

However, ive had a friend in that position and she found even just applying for other jobs helped her get though the tough times.

the agency would have a difficultly if you finished but again it depends on your relationship with them, are they the type that will go okay your not well and its not worth your health or will they blacklist you?

think it over carefully and try to talk to someone you know who is balanced and rational.

best of luck with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,970 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

As a daily rate contractor, you have some different obligations to a regular employee.

But there should still be a break clause in your contract: if the company chose to cancel the project, they would have a way of letting you go. Similarly if you are unable to fulfil due to health issues.

Talk to the agency, and be honest with them. A dignified handover to a replacement is a better issue than having you break down complete. And things are that difficult, you're not likely to be working at your best either.

Advertisement