Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best way to find a childminder?

Options
  • 01-07-2016 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I've been looking for a childminder for the last month to no avail. I've tried schooldays and rollercoaster and mindme but there's very few ads for the area I'm in (Limerick) and any ads I do respond to, either the days or ages are unsuitable. Where else can I look? I don't know anyone else in my area who has childcare that I could ask recommendations from. Starting to get frustrated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

Contact your local PHN as they would normally know such info. If your child is of school going age then school secretaries know the childminders dropping/collecting children.

Ask neighbours even if they don't have children themselves.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

try contacting childminding.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Try your local childcare committee. All counties have them and they have lists of childminders who have registered with them. Not all childminders have to register but some do voluntarily. I'd imagine it's just called Limerick Childcare Committee, and if you email or ring they'd send you the list.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 sammy2016

where are you based in Limerick hun? i might know some one i can put you in contact with/

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

I had similar problem so I put an ad on my local "Sell your stuff" facebook page with the exact specifics of what I wanted (ie; had to be other young kids in the house, the days I work, what area they had to be in) and I got tons of replies same day.

Advertisement