Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issuing Shares

Options
  • 01-07-2016 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Hi,

I made a seed capital investment in my company and bought shares as part of the process under the SURE scheme - excellent scheme BTW.

If I want to issue shares to my wife can I do that at a different share price to the price I set in the seed capital transaction. I want to level up our shareholding but don't have another large tranche of cash to equalise at the same price.

If I bought at 100 euro per share is it legitimate to issue another tranche to her at .01 per share ? I suspect there will be a CGT impact if there is an eventual sale but am more interested in getting the shareholding equalised for now.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭dbran

Hi

It would depend on what the nominal value of the shares are and whether you issued your shares at a premium.

Shares cannot be issued a a price that is less then their nominal value. After that they can be issued at a premium for any amount.

Hope this helps

Regards

Dbran

Advertisement