Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Around The Horn 2016 - ATH2016 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

What happens if a match is a draw?

Sudden death, next person to get a vote wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,968 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

No sure if the guys picking a celeb sold themselves short in terms of getting bang for their buck.

Both decent picks but if I'm given a choice of ANY female I'll aim for the stars pun intended. Kim K is out (WM 24) but I can just picture Lana getting a smack from Mrs. Black Window herself Scarlett Johanson.

I questioned myself about who actually is the most famous women alive?!

I'd say bizarrely but don't want to offend, I'd easily argue Cathlyn Jenner would be in the top three :D

ShagNastii wrote: »
    No sure if the guys picking a celeb sold themselves short in terms of getting bang for their buck.

Both decent picks but if I'm given a choice of ANY female I'll aim for the stars pun intended. Kim K is out (WM 24) but I can just picture Lana getting a smack from Mrs. Black Window herself Scarlett Johanson.

I questioned myself about who actually is the most famous women alive?!

I'd say bizarrely but don't want to offend, I'd easily argue Cathlyn Jenner would be in the top three :D

So I thought about Johanson, but I'm not a fan of non-athletes going 1 on 1 with wrestlers. It just has too much risk of making the wrestler look like a chump for me. Least an athlete is from a different background and is more believable getting into a match.

Very true. Tyson/Ronda/Mayweather are surely the greatest celeb involvement of all time and their legitimacy probably is central to them coming across so good..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

On the topic of voting for yourself, Id encourage it. Mainly because your opponent will most likely vote for himself.

On a sadder note, former champion Omackeral has had to pull out due to work commitments.

dwduAx.gif

However, this gives JP Liz a chance to join, she shall take Omackerals place

tumblr_nyhe08aYoi1ub8y6bo1_400.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Apologies for the delay in my rebuttal. Been really sick the past few days, off work etc. The joys that kids bring to a house!

Had to visit the doctor today, so haven't been home to reply. Will get it done ASAP

Take your time Gerry, no rush my friend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

When do the polls close?

3 days from when they are put up.

Have my reply in now guys.

TheBostonCrab, apologies my friend, for making you wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

beakerjoe wrote: »
    On the topic of voting for yourself, Id encourage it. Mainly because your opponent will most likely vote for himself.

On a sadder note, former champion Omackeral has had to pull out due to work commitments.

dwduAx.gif

However, this gives JP Liz a chance to join, she shall take Omackerals place

tumblr_nyhe08aYoi1ub8y6bo1_400.gif

I hope I can try and fill Omackeral's big boss man boots ;)

Is there a poll being added for the match-up between gerry and crab?

Thanks to everyone who voted in my match vs Shagnasti. It was a fun debate and Im surprised I won. Also congrats to KanKan on beating Winnie. Thought bought guys put forward a really solid argument. Looking forward to facing KanKan next :)

Got my last reply in.

TBC, thank you! You always give me a serious run for my money! Always a pleasure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Cheers Lee, congrats to you too our tussle should be interesting.

Really good match Winnie I feel I was lucky to scrape past.

Thanks to everyone who voted for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Congats kankan. Good match. Here's to you going all the at now!.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Got my last reply in.

TBC, thank you! You always give me a serious run for my money! Always a pleasure

And you too sir! Enjoyed our debate last time and I enjoyed this one just as much.

Great bouts thus far. Very close between KanKan and Winnie but I had to give the vote to Cesaro. He is gunning for that out and out star making fued.

Without a doubt their matches would be amazing and the history with Heyman definitely would certainly add sizzle to the steak.

Well done to Lee. Good matchup and fantastic answer. I killed myself by even mentioning Big Show. Holding my hand up I'd didn't believe my argument. NO ONE wants to see another turn or another tag team with Show.

Hadn't a clue who would have made a decent make shift team. First idea was getting Del Rio back in the mix as a money man with BS being his hired goon.

TYB Shag. As soon as I saw you put up BS I knew I had to zone in on him. But I did like your idea of a Republican team spouting Trumpisms but you just know Vince would make them faces and it would die on its arse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

I voted for both Shagnasti and WinnieThePoo .... doesn't bode well for me!

But so far it has all been very entertaining and enjoyable to read.

• Advertisement

Sorry about my absence guys, been out with a chest infection.

2 Great battles there in the opening matches. KanKan14 and LeeJM advance, but two great efforts by Winnie and Shagnasti.

Gerry and TBC will ahve a poll up soon and I shall post the next two matches ASAP.

The next two matches, shall be

C-Man vs Imnotthehulk

and Beakerjoe vs Moneymaker (BH will thrown that Q up)

GOOD LUCK GUYS

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'm just back into the country and it'll be after 1 before I even get home and have a chance to think about a question but considering the time difference expect it up before you are tomorrow at the latest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Thanks for the question.

I'm having computer problems at the moment I'll get a reply uo this evening

I'm on my phone and don't think I can give a proper researched answer at the moment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Looking forward to seeing what MM and Joe do with that question I put up. loads of scope for some very very different and interesting answers.

Oooh thats a doozie. Who to insert into the hulkamania era, thinking cap firmly on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Two names came immediately to mind.

I'm swamped with meetings all day long so it'll be evening when I put something up, I'll be thinking about it all day though :pac:

Interested to see if you pick one of the two, I suspect you will Joe :)

Im having a good aul look at the roster if both eras, ive one in mind that I wont use, because I dont think its good enough answer, but its one id love to do.

Answer up, I wanted to pick other lads but I couldnt not pick Brock.

Had an idea for Kevin Owens, Chris jericho and Dean Ambrose, even a goldust v Dusty Rhodes feud, but Brock v Hogan is the biggest match I could think of, had to go with it.

• Advertisement

Its also very, very tight in the thebostoncrab v Gerrybbadd match, a few votes either way could settle it, so if you havent voted, vote now as teh poll is closing in 24 hours.

C-Man has also been in contact,having internet problems but will try his best to get his answer up.

Advertisement