Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Around The Horn 2016 - ATH2016 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

2 very interesting answers there. I shoulda probably expected that given it was a Hulkamania era question you would both build to a Hogan vs a Monster feud but damn would I love to have seen either of those.

Voted already in the TBC vs Gerry match although I'll be honest I didn't in all the other ones as I had been away. Very curious to see what myself and Brian get in our question once that match up is over (24hrs left) and ours goes up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Brock is definitely the 1st one that sprung to my mind when I saw that question , can't wait to see how this one goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

I first reply is now up, looking forward to Moneymakers come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

You have far too much free time on your hands.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    You have far too much free time on your hands.

Work allows it sometimes :) ,slow days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Wish I had slow days :pac: And home is just constant DIY now. I've kept up with wrestling with F4W podcasts playing in the background last few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Ok first post up. I fact checked but I think I am right.

looking forward to the debate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

First reply up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Neither match even entered my head. Nice one lads may the best man/match.

Also like BH's question. Neither match entered my head again.

Starting to think I have no imagination at all!

First reply up!

Right back at you sir!

• Advertisement

IF anyone hasn't voted in the TBC vs Gerry bout it is incredibly close and one vote could swing the thing so try and vote if you can

The tie is a draw betweem Gerry and TBC at 11 voted a piece. BH, could you do the honours of reopening the poll.for.sudden death?

Next vote wins it guys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Wow - a draw!

Lot of voters too, thanks very much guys.

done, gonna have to check it regularily to see who goes to 12 first incase there is more than 1 quick votes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

My last post up, so good luck to Connemara Man!

Just checked and the Crabmab has 12

Commiserations Gerry but you couldn't have gotten any closer tbh

I was even considering suggesting a triple threat in the next round if nobody broke the tie today. Congrats TBC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Jesus by the skin of my teeth! Knew it was risky picking Carli because she isn't nearly as well known in Ireland and she is in the States, but happy I did!

Well fought Gerry! Think the last time we went head to head there was a single vote in it too? I hope we face each other again next year since it's always such an even result!

My last post up, so good luck to Connemara Man!

Last post up

Was a pleasure Imnotthehulk. good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Christ! That was even Stevens all the way through.

TBC, you destroyed me in your very first rebuttal. I didn't think I'd be able to reply, and was seriously considering conceding!

Well done dude!

Sorry about my absence over the weekend, after recovering from my own illness, my little girl needed looking after since Friday.

Congrats TBC, you and Gerry battled and debated valiantly but only one can go through and its well earned Crab Man. Commiserations to Gerry who pushed TBC right to the limit.

The next 2 matches will be up later today guys.

Also hopefully Moneymaker will be able to reply in my match with him, if not BH will decide on what to do next.

• Advertisement

Also a poll is up in the match between CMan and Imnotthehulk, so get voting nerds

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Also hopefully Moneymaker will be able to reply in my match with him, if not BH will decide on what to do next.

I guess we will give him more time anyway especially as there are still round 1 matches only starting now. Should those matches end and you guys haven't been able to finish your tie then I guess MM may lose out.

I guess we will give him more time anyway especially as there are still round 1 matches only starting now. Should those matches end and you guys haven't been able to finish your tie then I guess MM may lose out.

I was thinking the same, only with a vote. Cant have him lose out automaticly

BrianRegan v Bounty hunter is now live

beakerjoe wrote: »
    BrianRegan v Bounty hunter is now live

Good stuff and interesting question... (im in two minds about which guy to take atm but)... Just wondering for the purposes of this question what constitutes a world champion? just WWE ? or do NJPW, TNA, ROH etc qualify?

tbh I'd say i'll probably be left with the same 50/50 choice but that might open up the options for Brian even if I do so.

WWE guys only, both world titles count

hmmm had an awesome storyline in mind but due to what actually happened in real life being so good in the small window I would have to put on this match I don't think I will be able to do it as it'd be too easy to argue against it

plus I accidentally clicked away from the page I was on and lost most of the planned story arrrghhh.

now scrambling for a plan B although I'm finding it hard to not think of something related to plan A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I know what I'm going to go with should have mine up tonight

Actually know that i think of it does this need to be set in a specific timeline or can we make up our own one ? Like should this set up as happening in the attitude era or just pick an Attitude era wrestler

Hope you don't pick the same person I had in mind as yours will be up before mine, I had an idea but shot Joe a pm before writing it up as I didn't wanna do another write up only to lose it all so with the time difference and all mine won't be up till tomorrow.

My reading of it was that you were dropping a modern era guy (champ) into the attitude era time for a feud. If it was just that we took a modern era guy and a attitude era guy and feuded them I could go with my original plan and not worry you would argue against my plan by suggesting that doing my idea would mean what actually happened wouldn't happen and that that would be a massive loss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Well that is a very interesting thought provoking question, the first obvious name is Kurt Angle :cool: but a few others too in frame not sure yet who I will take and book so please excuse my delay

Advertisement