Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Around The Horn 2016 - ATH2016 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

My one is up and we are a go !

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

My one is up and we are a go !

It is considered a dream match and I dunno if it's too possible for another one that maybe was as talked about as it from the remaining options Brock, Cena etc but my answer is up now and although the answer may be a little out of left field (WCW!) it would def rival yours in ring and would be a big story.

aka Have at it Hoss! :pac:

Just voted in the other poll opened. Was probably going to vote one way but I was won over by the more persuasive argument than just the answer I at first agreed with so good job (won't name who, don't wanna influence anyone's votes).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Voting is neck and neck in the battle between C-Man and Imnotthehulk, still time to get voting in that match up folks.

No sign of Moneymaker in my match, hopefully he will be able to get a post up.

No posts either in Paulie21 v Liz, hopefully both competitors will be able to answer the nice little question.

Two strong answers in Bounty Hunter v BrianRegan, in a question with a ton of possibilities. Their rebuttals will be key I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Yep interesting question have my selection in place will post tomorrow when I have a bit of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I have the next two days off Joe (unexpectedly) if you need me to sub in for anyone.

• Advertisement

Well try and get a rebuttal up tonight bh

good stuff I'll do my first one tomorrow so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

First post up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

paulie21 wrote: »
    First post up

Apologies for my delay, I am happy Paulie went first and great opener

My 1st reply up found it very awkward to reply to you're answer BH well done mate

• Advertisement

My 1st reply up found it very awkward to reply to you're answer BH well done mate

Some goes man, always feel a bit of a dicheelish trying to take down someones response but I guess it has to be done and we both know nothing is meant by it, would love to see both feuds tbh.

Hope people read the whole debate before voting as with 1 more each I've a feeling this could be a tight back and forth to decide it... or maybe you'll just stomp a mudhole into me who knows :o

Another draw with 8 votes a piece in the CMan v ImnottheHulk match. , BH will open the bout for sudden death, next vote wins it

I will lash up the final match in the next hour or so to complete the round one matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Another draw with 8 votes a piece in the CMan v ImnottheHulk match. , BH will open the bout for sudden death, next vote wins it

I will lash up the final match in the next hour or so to complete the round one matches

My afternoon will be spent pretending to work and peeking on here until that last vote is cast! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

My afternoon will be spent pretending to work and peeking on here until that last vote is cast! :P

I'm pretty much the same! :D :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I'm gonna be honest and tell you which one I voted for... The match with Shawn Michaels.

The tension ......is killing me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The tension ......is killing me

I just spotted its still level. How long til a dead heat is declared?

The decider could be a fight to the death. Each participant can have one weapon only(hitting your opponent with a person clearly playing pokemon go is allowed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

I just broke the deadlock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

LeeJM wrote: »
    I just broke the deadlock.

Booooooo.
    No fight now:(

He might not be the Hulk but he's got the green light to go through to the next round. Fair play though Con Man Probably the best way you could go out as after all couldn't have been any closer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Sorry Con Man but the Eddie Shawn match is just the one that got away. Shawn vs Angle was great, Shawn vs Taker twice was jaw dropping but Shawn vs Eddie would have been other worldly. And to think it could have kicked started a series between them! Just so sad that it never happened.

But the debate between ye was great and you put forward a great arguement for the Dwayne match. BUT I just couldnt not vote for Eddie vs Shawn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,773 ✭✭✭connemara man

Congratulations imnotthehulk. Great duel. I thought you were gonna walk it tbh. I'll be back next year I enjoyed that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

Congratulations imnotthehulk. Great duel. I thought you were gonna walk it tbh. I'll be back next year I enjoyed that.

I gotta say, if I had thought of the Rock at the time I probably would've gone with him, and as soon as I saw your reply I thought you had it won!

I very much enjoyed that also, cheers!

Great battle between Connemara Man and Imnotthehulk, sadly only one could go on to the next phase and thats Hulkie. You fought a fine fight CMan and both had great answers and arguments but Imnotthehulk just scraps through.

BH V BrianRegan is a fine bout, the next rebuttel is key for both men and it could go either way IMO. Good answers in the Liz v paulie match with plenty to argue out there too.

The latest match and final First round match is up for the weekend with surewhywouldntya taking on Cheese Wagstaff

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

Nice one! Have an idea for a gimmick, just trying to find the right person for it now.

I will post my last go tomorow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Nice one! Have an idea for a gimmick, just trying to find the right person for it now.

Have my first post up now, lots of options on both rosters

Surewhywouldntya straight into the fight with a great answer. Plenty of options indeed, how will cheese respond

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

I'm all over the place today, won't make it to a computer. It'll be tomorrow that my post will be up. Apologies in advance :)

• Advertisement

I will post my last go tomorow :)

It will probably be the next day (Sunday) for my last one if Joe can hang on till then to stick up the poll.

Starting to look like MM won't be back to his (vs Beakerjoe) tie but you never know he still probably has a day or two before the poll with get put up.

Advertisement