Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Around The Horn 2016 - ATH2016 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

And I'm done BH have it my boy :) and best of luck in the vote too

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Same goes dude (got it done earlier than expected... now to sleep), good luck in the vote also as well that was a fine argument after a very good answer. may the best BH win :pac:

Great stuff pal really enjoyed that duel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

My post is up. I still couldn't get near a computer so I used the phone instead.

A lot more stream of consciousness than I would have liked (to me anyway :P), but the main nuts and bolts are there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Joe any chance of getting the first QF up today or tomorrow(ideally today) because I wont be around from next Friday till the following Monday and dont wanna leave KanKan waiting on my responses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

LeeJM wrote: »
    Joe any chance of getting the first QF up today or tomorrow(ideally today) because I wont be around from next Friday till the following Monday and dont wanna leave KanKan waiting on my responses.

Funny enough I'm in the opposite boat and crazy busy til Thursday. But I'd def find time to get an answer and reposte in by tuesday /Wednesday I'm sure. So if beaksy does it I'm up for it.

Kankan14 wrote: »
    Funny enough I'm in the opposite boat and crazy busy til Thursday. But I'd def find time to get an answer and reposte in by tuesday /Wednesday I'm sure. So if beaksy does it I'm up for it.

Ha well I guess we will just get it all done on Thursday then :pac:

I probably should have yesterday when I put up my final response but I guess it does not seem natural to do it for my own question but sure no point in waiting till Joe is about I'll add our poll in a few mins Brian so people can get to voting. Same goes for Beaker vs MM, I'm adding the poll now, MM hasn't been seen for a while and didn't get to make a retort but I guess we can't wait endlessly and Rd1 is drawing to a close.

I probably should have yesterday when I put up my final response but I guess it does not seem natural to do it for my own question but sure no point in waiting till Joe is about I'll add our poll in a few mins Brian so people can get to voting. Same goes for Beaker vs MM, I'm adding the poll now, MM hasn't been seen for a while and didn't get to make a retort but I guess we can't wait endlessly and Rd1 is drawing to a close.

I know this will come across as a proper d*ckhead thing to say because I understand we all have lives to live and jobs to do but I do think a time limit needs to be put on the questions. My first round match finished 3 weeks ago (17 days but close enough).

Maybe I am being impatient but its just my opinion that 5 day limit from the time of the question going up to the poll then being opened is more than enough time. Heck the poll adds an additional 3 days. Thats over a week to put across your arguement.

I have no issue with things continuing as they are but just wanted to float the idea and see what the response would be. And I appreciate both Joe and BH taking the time to run things so dont take this as me trying to take over.

LeeJM wrote: »
    I know this will come across as a proper d*ckhead thing to say because I understand we all have lives to live and jobs to do but I do think a time limit needs to be put on the questions. My first round match finished 3 weeks ago (17 days but close enough).

Maybe I am being impatient but its just my opinion that 5 day limit from the time of the question going up to the poll then being opened is more than enough time. Heck the poll adds an additional 3 days. Thats over a week to put across your arguement.

I have no issue with things continuing as they are but just wanted to float the idea and see what the response would be. And I appreciate both Joe and BH taking the time to run things so dont take this as me trying to take over.

Don't worry not d*ckish and I'm sure everyone shares the opinion in some ways.

tbh I don't run this thng anymore, last few years it's been Joe but I'll put up his questions and since I am a mod I do have the ability to add polls etc. Also I don't think any match has dragged apart from the Joe vs MM match because MM has been MIA the past week but it will be finished at the same time as the rest of Rd1. However there were some gaps between matches being put up because Joe's young kid was sick and he was unable to get online (don't worry I'm sure you were not 100% on the reasoning) and I am sure we can all understand that and he did come in and highlight this himself but sure no harm done tis only ATH.

That said If I am lucky enough to get into the next round (might not) I too would be hoping to get cracking asap.

• Advertisement

Don't worry not d*ckish and I'm sure everyone shares the opinion in some ways.

tbh I don't run this thng anymore, last few years it's been Joe but I'll put up his questions and since I am a mod I do have the ability to add polls etc. Also I don't think any match has dragged apart from the Joe vs MM match because MM has been MIA the past week but it will be finished at the same time as the rest of Rd1. However there were some gaps between matches being put up because Joe's young kid was sick and he was unable to get online (don't worry I'm sure you were not 100% on the reasoning) and I am sure we can all understand that and he did come in and highlight this himself but sure no harm done tis only ATH.

That said If I am lucky enough to get into the next round (might not) I too would be hoping to get cracking asap.

No I wasnt aware of the situation with Joe and I can fully appreciate having a young child as I have one myself. Like I said I appreciate we all have lives to live, I guess I am just lucky that Im around most of the weekend and evenings whereas between 8-7 weekdays I am not. Anyway like I said I wasnt having a moan just floating the idea of a time limit on matches but I understand why there is no limit.

No worries Lee, all good in the ath hood!

now get voting folks, 2 polls added

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I've concluded my argument hopefully Liz will post up her's soon and we can get rolling with the voting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,290 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

paulie21 wrote: »
    I've concluded my argument hopefully Liz will post up her's soon and we can get rolling with the voting

I'm done too and best of luck paulie ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Yeah sorry about my lack of frequenting here. Between looking after the wee lass and avoiding spoilers for RAW/SD AND Last nights PPV, I havent been as active on this as Id usually be. So sorry for that guys.

That said the answers so far have been great, with some great debates going on. I know so matches have dragged and Im usually always the impatient one, but real life should come first so I make allowances for that, especially when it can take a while to formulate or choose your best answers.

Ill be throwing up polls in some of the matches and starting the QFs today if people are available.

I know Lee and Kankan arent about so Ill hold off your match until thursday if thats cool and begin with QF 2, TBC vs Not the Hulk

The brackets now look like this :
    LeeJM
    Shagnasti
    QF1 LeeJM vs Kankan14
    Bye 1
    KanKan14
    SF1:WQF1 vs WQF2
    GerryBBadd
    TheBostonCrab
    QF1: TheBostonCrab vs Imnotthehulk
    Bye 2
    ImnottheHulk
    Final:
    MoneyMaker
    Beakerjoe
    QF3:W5 vs W6
    Paulie21
    Omackeral

SF2:WQF3 vs WQF4
    BountyHunter
    Brian Regan
    QF4:W7 vs W8
    Surewhywouldntya
    CheeseWagstaff

beakerjoe wrote: »
    On the topic of voting for yourself, Id encourage it. Mainly because your opponent will most likely vote for himself.

I took your advice :P;)

QF match between Crabman and Not Hulkie is up, question submitted by Connemara Man. If anyone has any interesting questions, don't hesitate to PM me.

Polls running down in 3 of the final first round matches, so get voting.

Great debate still going on with Surewhywouldntya and Chesse Wagstaff, its very close as both have set out their arguments quite well

If anyone hasn't voted in my match with Brian plese do so as it is very tight at the moment and 1 vote could swing it either way. Yeah I want that vote if you cast it but tbh once you read both arguments before voting for whoever then thats all good with me as Brian def put it up to me and would be a worthy winner

Holy crap I can't believe I won O_O BH I loved our battle and either of us would have been worthy winners, Hopefully I'll do you proud in the next round dude

Holy crap I can't believe I won O_O BH I loved our battle and either of us would have been worthy winners, Hopefully I'll do you proud in the next round dude

Congrats man, well deserved.

I thought you had it from the moment you picked Punk vs SCSA tbh and really had to scramble to try and come up with a pick and argument to even rival it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

First answer up.

Well done to BrianREgan09! was a hard choice voting in that poll. Two great answers.

Final reply up just there. Great debate SureYWouldntYa, and may the best man win! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Final reply up just there. Great debate Surewhywouldntya, and may the best man win! :)

Yep it was fun for sure man

Just wondering if you're double teaming us and you were part of the booking team on Smackdown last night? :p

Yep it was fun for sure man

Just wondering if you're double teaming us and you were part of the booking team on Smackdown last night? :p

Haha, it did seem that way alright! I hear they have the kart ready for next week! ;)

Congrats to Brian Regan who bested Bounty Hunter (who got my vote BTW) in an epic battle. Commiserations to BH.

Brian now faces the winner of SWWY and Cheese, who are having a great duel themselves.

Liz also departs as she was bested by Paulie. Paulie now faces me in the next Q-F who BH can throw the question up when ever he sees fit.

Ill be throwing Lee vs Kankan14 up in the next while too.

Congrats to Brian Regan who bested Bounty Hunter (who got my vote BTW) in an epic battle. Commiserations to BH.

Brian now faces the winner of SWWY and Cheese, who are having a great duel themselves.

Liz also departs as she was bested by Paulie. Paulie now faces me in the next Q-F who BH can throw the question up when ever he sees fit.

Cheers joe, felt I argued for Bret vs Bryan well enough but Punk/AUstin is def a bigger dream match.

I will have a think and throw up something for yourself and Paulie later

Well done Paulie go on now and take the crown :P

Great question BH, thinking cap on.

Lee v Kankan is up and its too close to call in the surwhywouldntya v cheese match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Answer up not sure I like it but hey ho.

• Advertisement

Answer is up. Good question. Good answer from KanKan too but I will try to tear it apart tomorrow :pac: Sorry KanKan.

Advertisement