Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Around The Horn 2016 - ATH2016 Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

It was a good battle. I wasnt mad on either idea to be honest but both of you guys managed to pull the flaws out of each others arguments extremely well.

Surewhywouldntya faces the winner between me and Paulie, of which voting is well underway.

Imnotthehulk has come out strong in his Semi Final against Lee, can Mr JM respond in kind?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Apologies for the delay Hulky. My answer is up so tear away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Imnotthehulk

LeeJM wrote: »
    Apologies for the delay Hulky. My answer is up so tear away :)

It's hard to do! But my first response up!

Loving the battle between Lee and NotHulk.... both having diverse answers, both having good ideas and both looking like making it a tough choice for who goes to the final.

Myself and Paulies battle ends at 5pm , so get voting folks. The Semi Final between the winner and Surewhywouldntya shall be up tomorrow.

I know Ive been slighlt off the ball with real life at points during this comp, but I hope everyone has enjoyed it. Im having a blast running it and thanks to everyone talking part for making it great. Take a bow PW Boardsies

Unlucky Paulie21, it was a tight match and you fought a good fight that could of went either way but now its myself going on on one with Surewhywouldnt ya in the ATH semi final. Bounty Hunter shall post that in his own time.

I feel like I was helped out in real life by Storm actually going to NXT and leaving shortly to go to TNA once more. I always feel TNA missed the boat with him during his singles feud with Bobby Roode.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,124 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Damn it must of bribed the wrong people :pac:. Well done Joe was a good contest

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Congrats Joe, commiserations Paulie.
    beakerjoe wrote: »
    Unlucky Paulie21, it was a tight match and you fought a good fight that could of went either way but now its myself going on on one with Surewhywouldnt ya in the ATH semi final. Bounty Hunter shall post that in his own time.

I feel like I was helped out in real life by Storm actually going to NXT and leaving shortly to go to TNA once more. I always feel TNA missed the boat with him during his singles feud with Bobby Roode.

wouldn't be surprised if that did count against Roode but with regards the bolded bit... no time like the present!

2nd Semi Final is up

Hmm, plenty to choose from. I have one that comes to mind already but I'm going to research a few more unnamed angles before I think out an answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭Kankan14

Nice question BH. Lot of scope for improvement on those angles.

Good luck semi-finalists.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Very good question, so much scope to go in so many different directions

I'll get working on my 1st answer now, should have it up later this evening

• Advertisement

My choice is up now, it's a long read but I hope someone enjoys it

Looking forward to your response beakerjoe

First rebuttal is up. Enjoying this battle Hulky :)

First rebuttal is up. Enjoying this battle Hulky :)

My second one up! Good luck! (This really is tough!)

My choice is up now, it's a long read but I hope someone enjoys it

Looking forward to your response beakerjoe

ANSWER UP!

Final answer up now, glad to be finished so quickly

Done too. BH......Get the Polls.

Great debate SWWY, it was always gonna be a toughie and no matter what answer we picked, there was flaws to pick at from both sides. May the best man win.....

With the other Semi almost done too, we could have the final on Monday or Tuesday perhaps. Great stuff.

Final rebuttal is done! Hulky that was a damn fine battle. It was a pleasure and I wouldnt like to have to pick a winner between us.

Well PW boards will vote for the winner guys, as the poll is now up. Get Voting!

Final rebuttal is done! Hulky that was a damn fine battle. It was a pleasure and I wouldnt like to have to pick a winner between us.

The frustrating thing about going first is I want to keep going reply to all the great points you made!

The frustrating thing about going first is I want to keep going reply to all the great points you made!

True, but the advantage is that you may get your answer in first and scupper your opponents answer before hes even posted.

• Advertisement

Yea i think that was a debate that could have just went on and on. Both sides with valid points IMO

Yea i think that was a debate that could have just went on and on. Both sides with valid points IMO

Ive been there, when your opponent makes a new point in his last post or even when they elaborate more on a point, its so tempting just to challenge or continue discussing/debating. But that might never end, hence the 3 post limit per person.

Congrats to LEEJM who reaches the Around The Horn Final. Lee bested Imnotthehulk in a fine battle to decide our first finalist. Commiserations to NotHulkie who had a great answer but Lee got the votes.

Voting is still going on in the other Semi between myself and Surewhywouldnt ya. 14 votes so far so get voting guys.

Also lets keep this thread spoiler free, I havent watched Summerslam yet so hush hush :)

Well done to LeeJM! Richly deserved victory.

Delighted to have gotten so far, I really did think in each round that the other person had beaten me!

AND NEXT TIME I'M WINNING THIS!!!!

Congratulations to Surewhywouldnt ya who is through to the final of ATH after beating yours truly 9 votes to 5. Well done SWWY, I lose my crown but we couldn't have 2 more deserving finalists.

The Final between LeeJM and SWWY shall be up tomorrow. Good Luck fellas!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Hard luck Joe but on the bright side I am sure you have some questions saved away as potential final questions and now you get to ask one of them instead of me coming up with something.

Seems we will have a new 1st time ATH champ this year g'luck SWWY & Lee

Hard luck Joe but on the bright side I am sure you have some questions saved away as potential final questions and now you get to ask one of them instead of me coming up with something.

Seems we will have a new 1st time ATH champ this year g'luck SWWY & Lee

IIRC Both men are first time players too, which would mean both are still unbeaten. Somethings gotta give guys

beakerjoe wrote: »
    IIRC Both men are first time players too, which would mean both are still unbeaten. Somethings gotta give guys

I was in last year or maybe the year before and lost in the first round, so I'm far from unbeaten

Have to say Joe it was a pleasure debating with you, your answer definitely came from out of nowhere and it was much more creative than mine

Looking forward to the final now :D

Jesus cant believe Im in the final. Thanks to whoever voted to me. Thanks to Hulky for a hell of a battle. Final with SWWY should be a similarly hellish debate in a good way obviously :)

• Advertisement

The Final thread is up...... Good luck fellas, cant wait to see what ideas you guys have!

Advertisement