Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AVOID <SNIP>

Options
  • 01-07-2016 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I just felt I would share my story here so as to forewarn anybody else before they but extended car warranty from this company.

I recently bought a car (March 2016) and i bought an extended premium level warranty for 1 year which I was informed was a "bumper to bumper all inclusive warranty".

I noticed a noise coming from my car last week and rang <SNIP>, as per policy requirements. They told me bring it to a garage and get the garage to e-mail the issue, cost of repair, and labour.

This was done (Turbocharger was gone) and then <SNIP> refused the claim even though it states that turbochargers are included in warranty and I also did not drive the car after I discovered the fault.

They have said this is not a mechnical fault as such but should be counted as wear and tear.

The car cost me pretty much all my savings and I cannot believe that they are not honouring there contract.

I Hope people see this and avoid getting caught in the same trap. I should state they also tried to get my mechanic to take a cheaper part but when he refused they refused my claim.

NOTE "<SNIP>

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Unfortunately you can't name companies on boards

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please do not name the company here on Boards

dudara

Advertisement