Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance for car declared off the road

• 01-07-2016 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi guys in a bit of a predicament here.

So way back in November I bought a car, with the hope of passing my test in January. This didn't happen and I had to declare the car off the road till
    I passed my test. Passed it yesterday and was looking for insurance quotes. Friend of mine is with Boxymo and they quoted me €1500 (opposed to FBD with €2300) anyway they said they can't unsure me because the car was uninsured for too long. What could I do? Could I insure the car with axa for a month then cancel it and go to boxymo?

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

Did you try Liberty. I got my son insurance there last week for €1850. He's 19, student, passed his test two weeks ago and had 1 year NCB with Boxymo. TBH Boxymo only seem to be good for the first year, he was quoted €3k for the second year which made no sense. Its yellow pack insurance. I'd stick with FBD or someone else if you can.

Advertisement