Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland thread reopen

Options
  • 01-07-2016 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭

With today's shooting can the thread be reopened?

Wouldn't it be better to ban the users rather than close the thread in future.

Thanks
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I have to agree with this. The majority of people were discussing the issue and had respected the mod warnings. Some didn't but I note for the most part these were not regular contributors to that thread. If the mod noted that there were people who were ignoring mod warnings then I feel the most appropriate response for the benefit of the thread and those who wanted to continue the discussion would be to card the individuals and deal with the problem at source.

I have never respected the view be it teacher, forum moderator or manager that because a couple of people step out of line we action everyone. It's quite a lazy way of dealing with a problem in fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What gangland thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,417 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Its in after hours... sorry on phone can't link to it..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

PM the AH Mods then to get a quick answer. This forum is for site feedback & it isn't guaranteed that an AH Mod may see your post anytime soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

Excellent customer service

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,289 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

mada82 wrote: »
    Excellent customer service
    What's the problem with asking the people who closed it in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭mada82

The person who closed it in the first place is obviously a power tripper.

I've contacted boards about it via this thread and have been fobbed off.

Good customer service would be for one of you to make arrangements internally to see if the thread can be reopened.

You haven't been fobbed off. You were asked to clarify what thread you were talking about, then it was suggested that you PM the mods of the forum.

The mods, CMods & Admins of this site are not here to serve you hand & foot. If you want the thread reopened - you can PM the mods.

We're done here.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement