Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Auto glass weekend replacement?

• 01-07-2016 8:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Cracked windscreen today. Logged call with auto glass this evening and a repairer to call me in morning. What's the chance they will replace tomorrow?
    Thanks
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,338 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

That depends on the availability of your windscreen. If it's a fairly common car then they normally have them available to hand. If it's something rare they probably have to order it in which can take a working day or longer depending on where they are sourcing it from. What did they say to you on the phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,847 ✭✭✭micks_address

bazz26 wrote: »
    That depends on the availability of your windscreen. If it's a fairly common car then they normally have them available to hand. If it's something rare they probably have to order it in which can take a working day or longer depending on where they are sourcing it from. What did they say to you on the phone?

Call centre staff could give no more info than I'd get call in the morning.. The car has auto wipers so windscreen has sensor on it. What happens to any things mounted on the existing screen? Say eflow tag? I've also a dab aerial which was installed sticking to inside of screen
    Thanks
    Mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭shietpilot

Call centre staff could give no more info than I'd get call in the morning.. The car has auto wipers so windscreen has sensor on it. What happens to any things mounted on the existing screen? Say eflow tag? I've also a dab aerial which was installed sticking to inside of screen
    Thanks
    Mick

If they are bringing a windscreen they would have asked you if it has a heated windshield or one with rain sensors, etc.

They will remove eFlow tags, dashcam mounts and anything else and stick them on the new windshield if you want them, that's how it was for me :)

shietpilot wrote: »
    If they are bringing a windscreen they would have asked you if it has a heated windshield or one with rain sensors, etc.

They will remove eFlow tags, dashcam mounts and anything else and stick them on the new windshield if you want them, that's how it was for me :)
    I'm hoping he will ask in morning... I've read a few stories re dodgy fitting... Dash being sliced etc.. Anything I should look out for when fitting?

I'm hoping he will ask in morning... I've read a few stories re dodgy fitting... Dash being sliced etc.. Anything I should look out for when fitting?

Not sure to be honest. I used Mr. Windscreen and they did a very good job. Looks like the original and no water leaks. Depends on the dashboard design also but the bottom edge of the windscreen goes under the dashboard on cars so I don't see how they could slice the dash unless it was done by an absolute amateur.

• Advertisement

shietpilot wrote: »
    Not sure to be honest. I used Mr. Windscreen and they did a very good job. Looks like the original and no water leaks. Depends on the dashboard design also but the bottom edge of the windscreen goes under the dashboard on cars so I don't see how they could slice the dash unless it was done by an absolute amateur.

Auto glass phoned at 830 said earliest they could get to me be Tuesday.. I explained windscreen cracked and in line of sight so can't drive the car.. She asked me if I'd say there was a hole in the windscreen and I said sure... Then she said she would phone back... Did a couple of minutes later saying they had screen in stock and fitter would be in touch to fit today.. He called me within 30 minutes and says he be with me around 1...super efficient so far.. Will post later on in the day.. Hopefully they can fit between showers of rain..

Auto glass phoned at 830 said earliest they could get to me be Tuesday.. I explained windscreen cracked and in line of sight so can't drive the car.. She asked me if I'd say there was a hole in the windscreen and I said sure... Then she said she would phone back... Did a couple of minutes later saying they had screen in stock and fitter would be in touch to fit today.. He called me within 30 minutes and says he be with me around 1...super efficient so far.. Will post later on in the day.. Hopefully they can fit between showers of rain..

All done... Guy arrived in lashing rain offered him a cup of tea..grand chat and got the job done between the showers..

Says not to drive for an hour or wash for couple of days... Probably won't drive till tomorrow at earliest... Was chatting away to him as he did the job.. Has been at it for years so knew the process like the back of his hand..

No complaints
    Thanks
    Mick

All done... Guy arrived in lashing rain offered him a cup of tea..grand chat and got the job done between the showers..

Says not to drive for an hour or wash for couple of days... Probably won't drive till tomorrow at earliest... Was chatting away to him as he did the job.. Has been at it for years so knew the process like the back of his hand..

No complaints
    Thanks
    Mick

Yeah leave the car rest for an hour. You can drive it no problem after that! When I got my one done I waited for an hour after fitting and drove it home :)

Advertisement