Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flooring job unfinished and being threatened by tradesman

Options
  • 01-07-2016 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭

Hi all,

I have a couple of joists that makes my first floor to be unlevelled, having like a hill in the hallway.

I hired a tradesmen to fix it, but he didn't know much about laminated floor, and after levelling the hill, he tried to install it again with a very poor result. There are gaps of maybe 3 mm between some of them and they seem not levelled at other points.

We discussed a lot, because he didn't know how to fix it (he explained that it was more difficult than he thought in the first place, because the floor is unlevelled), and he even didn't want to come another day to try. And when he thought I weren't paying, he even threatened me (he lives in the area) saying that he know where I live :eek:

At the end, I payed him less than we agreed at the beginning, but I still have the hallway unfixed. I don't know if I should fix it myself, hire someone new to do it, or even put carpet again, which is a pity because the laminated floor is installed only for a few months.

What should I do? :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Please do not post duplicate threads on the same topic. I am closing this thread as you already have a duplicate in DIY, which has received responses

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement