Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The BEST (Quiet and performance) PWM fans for a silent freak.

Options
  • 01-07-2016 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭

As per title, anyone any thoughts?

I'm thinking of the BeQuiet Silent Wings 2. I need something for the H100i that will ramp up when gaming and be inaudible at idle. I'm sat directly next to the PC and had to limit these as I found them too loud.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

I've one of them in my PSU that's a fairly quirt job.

Geizhals has a loudness spec and a air movement one, so you could tick a low dB high air volume one and see what kind of selection you have

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Noctua....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

ED E wrote: »
    Noctua....

I can't get over the colour scheme :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

They have grey and black models, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    They have grey and black models, too.

Took them bleeding long enough tho :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

I have noctua on mine and they are silent, problem is when they are silent the pump isn't. I don't know if it's faulty or just is what it is. It's not the pump noise that I've seen on YouTube videos or anything but it's quite annoying. High-pitched whirring is the best I can describe it. Actually ramped up the fans to drown it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

superg wrote: »
    I have noctua on mine and they are silent, problem is when they are silent the pump isn't. I don't know if it's faulty or just is what it is. It's not the pump noise that I've seen on YouTube videos or anything but it's quite annoying. High-pitched whirring is the best I can describe it. Actually ramped up the fans to drown it out.

On low mine has a lovely 'fountain' sound! I actually quite like it.

I've actually popped the supplied fans back in and set them to work of GPU temp. Corsair link, surprisingly, doesn't suck. I'm going to pay the wife back and then get some Noctua's unless anything else comes up.

Thanks all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭..Brian..

Check out EK's Vardar range.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

I was a bit like yourself RE: the colour scheme, but after I switched to Noctua about two years ago the silence & performance made it well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I was a bit like yourself RE: the colour scheme, but after I switched to Noctua about two years ago the silence & performance made it well worth it.

There are alot more player in the quite fan market now tho. The likes of Corsair, Coolermaster, Phanteks and Bequite to name just a few offer every type of fan you could want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Using some Noctua F12's on my H100i. Difference is night and day from stock fans. Very quiet setup now and well worth it if you can get over the colour scheme

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Seems I've been unfairly blaming my H100i on my annoying noise. Its actually my bloody WD Blue hard drive. Time to go fully SSD. My system is silent when the HDD is plugged out.

Advertisement