Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After Hours ban

Options
  • 01-07-2016 10:35pm
    Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭

I was banned from After Hours for a post on this thread,
    I would like to appeal that ban now, please

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

This is a post from 3 years ago and from a previous account. A bit above my pay grade so you can go straight to admin with this or to your usual contact in head office. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

I was banned from After Hours for a post on this thread

Not so ... the ban was not applied for any one single post.
    I would like to appeal that ban now, please

Certainly. On what grounds?

• Site Banned Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Second Toughest in_the Freshers

trout wrote: »
    Not so ... the ban was not applied for any one single post.

What was it for then? I must have done something to deserve it, right?

And on the flip side of that, there must have been some way to avoid it.

I just don't see how I could have avoided that ban.

Dav wrote: »
    your harassment of another member of the site is the reason after it was decided that there would be no more leeway given to you as you were such a nuisance.
    SuperRush wrote:
    Following a discussion between the whole mod team we have decided that we don't want you in After Hours any more. Straw that broke the camels back if you will.
    Your post:
    I guess we can all see what is coming next ...
    and who

seems to me if I hadn't posted that, I wouldn't have banned...

?

What was it for then? I must have done something to deserve it, right?

No great mystery here, and no single, solitary post or point of contention.

The cumulative impact of multiple infractions & bans & re-regged accounts just caught up with you.
    And on the flip side of that, there must have been some way to avoid it.
    I just don't see how I could have avoided that ban.

Agreed. That is the nub of it ... you don't see how.
    seems to me if I hadn't posted that, I wouldn't have banned...

?

Not so. The cumulative impact of infractions & bans & re-regging would have caught up with you at some other time. Arguably, it should have happened sooner.

In the interest of brevity, I am bringing this to a close.

The permanent ban from AH, that you accepted as a non-negotiable condition of your return to this site, still stands.

• Advertisement

The permanent ban from AH, that you accepted as a non-negotiable condition of your return to this site, still stands.
    yeah, no.

that was never part of the deal
    trout wrote: »
    The cumulative impact of infractions & bans & re-regging would have caught up with you at some other time. Arguably, it should have happened sooner.

caught up with me how? they had caught up with me, and i was let back, unless you want to keep banning me for stuff that was dealt with, that happened over three years ago?
    Agreed. That is the nub of it ... you don't see how.
    explain it to me then? what could i have done differently with that account to avoid getting banned, apart from not post in After Hours at all?

No, yeah. Perma-ban from AH. That was the deal. Still is.

tl;dr permanent ban is permanent. Non-negotiable is non-negotiable.

The deal: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=96139881&postcount=14

Dav wrote: »
    Our automated tools flagged you as a re-reg and a ban followed. This was because we didn't make an appropriate note on your account to let the Admins know this.

Your arrangement with Seán still stands, but it stands on the basis of what was posted above:
    1. You pick one account and stick to it.
    2. A 6 month probation will be applied to your account -- any cards or bans during that time and you're gone for good.
    3. A permanent ban from After Hours is non-negotiable and will be applied to whatever account you want to keep. The rest of the site will be unrestricted.

Your response: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98015224&postcount=15

I'll take that, i suppose.

(the lad survived, by the way. probably should have put NSFW though)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement