Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

supersuckers grand social jul 15

Options
  • 01-07-2016 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

anyone know if this gig is actually happening or not?? when i try to buy a ticket from the grand social site, it redirects to ticketmaster, but the gig isn't listed. who is even promoting it??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Ticket arrived in the post today....looking forward to it now!

Their new album sounds a bit more country than previous efforts, would that be fair?

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

blastman wrote: »
    Ticket arrived in the post today....looking forward to it now!

Their new album sounds a bit more country than previous efforts, would that be fair?

spot on. the gig on friday is a country show so dont be disappointed. there will be ssk tunes but done in a country style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

a country show?!?!?!? not liking the sound of that, at all at all!! didn't notice that on their site, can see it now, suddenly not looking forward to this gig!!!

http://supersuckers.com/tour/

it was advertised as a country show from the beginning. albeit a rockin country show

Cheers Ned, is there a support band for the Dublin gig, do you know? As the start time on the ticket is 8.30, I'm presuming probably not....

Cheers Ned, is there a support band for the Dublin gig, do you know? As the start time on the ticket is 8.30, I'm presuming probably not....

dunno. not heading myself. saw the country show a few times before. prefer the rock show. enjoy

Cheers Ned, is there a support band for the Dublin gig, do you know? As the start time on the ticket is 8.30, I'm presuming probably not....[/quote

Changing gears are the support. SS on at 10:30 according to twitter

• Advertisement

....and bloody good they were too (although they actually came on about five past ten or thereabouts)!

Short enough set from Eddie and the boys @ around 70-75 minutes, but it certainly rocked! Changing Gears were OK, liked a couple of their songs but wasn't blown away. Grand Social was hot and reasonably full by the time Supersuckers came on, but it defintely wasn't a sellout.

What I wouldn't give for a co-headliner with Jason & The Scorchers....

Ended up going myself. Not bad considering Eddie is the only original member left. I reckoned it wouldn't be any longer than an hour for €15. Picked up the country cd at the merch.

Back in Oct. Rock show this time

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

cheers for the info

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Thanks for the info. On a similiar note there is a chance of some Dan Baird and Chuck Prophet dates happening in 2017 - according to FB.

Gig is listed as the INEC in Killarney, no Dublin gig this time?

Gig is listed as the INEC in Killarney, no Dublin gig this time?

have another look. dublin is def there.

17629942_10154374709961867_8276726892163242330_n.jpg?oh=4d9a878c3ecd97351e18ffabc38d994a&oe=594C828F

yknaa wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. On a similiar note there is a chance of some Dan Baird and Chuck Prophet dates happening in 2017 - according to FB.

dunno bout dan baird but chuck p is definitely playing here in july. dates announced soon

Cheers Ned, I was looking at their site and there's nothing there for 13th yet....

Cheers Ned, I was looking at their site and there's nothing there for 13th yet....

its in the workmans club.

• Advertisement
Advertisement