Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tributes for the men of the Somme

Options
  • 01-07-2016 11:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,363 ✭✭✭

100 years today since that Historic event in world and European military history. All those who fought be they British, French & German who died fighting for their countries and stretches of land.

I only wish to remember this event as a tribute to the fallen soldier. Can't say I agree with the reasons for any of that slaughter but we have to honour those who had a love of their country and fought for what they thought would deliver peace.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭Thomas_..

KingBrian2 wrote: »
    100 years today since that Historic event in world and European military history. All those who fought be they British, French & German who died fighting for their countries and stretches of land.

I only wish to remember this event as a tribute to the fallen soldier. Can't say I agree with the reasons for any of that slaughter but we have to honour those who had a love of their country and fought for what they thought would deliver peace.

There´s no commemoration of the Somme in Germany. What the Somme is for the British, Verdun is for the Germans. For the French, it´s both.

Advertisement