Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIT are not running the level 8 add on for Network Management this year.

Options
  • 02-07-2016 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭

5-10 people applied so they are not running it, and while I understand it is a business, they ran it one year when they only had 1 person in the class, and they are kinda ****ing over those 5-10 people who wanted to do more than just a level 7.

The only alternative they are offering is doing year 4 of Software Engineering which has a heavy Java requirement, something the Network Management people pre 2014 never did. And are essentially asking the students to reach a competency level of someone with 3 years Java experience over the summer.

Pretty ****ed up that they left it this late before telling the students. I got a job so I won't be going back, but you really ****ed over the people who were going to pay you another years tuition AIT, good job.

Let this be a warning for all people doing not-so-popular level 7 courses in AIT with the promise of a level 8 add on.. It might not happen.

Micheál Kenny
    A00210641.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭minion35

This is unacceptable, as a graduate from the first year the Level 8 course was ran I would say that ye aren't missing much to be honest. The only topics that really helped me in any previous industry role I have undertaken (telecoms engineer, network security engineer and currently Unix systems administrator) was the advanced switching option, as well as the network management part of the course. I do find it unacceptable that the course isn't going ahead, it should have been relayed to students well in advance of the second semester.
    When I went to undertake the 4th year in network management the course wasn't put on/advertised until the middle of July; And for everyone that finished 3rd year with me we were told that we would not be allowed to go into 4th year of Software Engineering.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭OriginV

I plan on doing ICT Engeneering and braching off into Network Management, so hopefully by the time im done 3 years it will be an option to progress to level 8

Advertisement