Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ALDI staff told me to go to Dunnes or Tesco

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,575 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Mostly they seem to have got over their 'where to place the trolley' fad. Occasionally though an operator pulls the trolley round beside them, but still expects you to reach over and pack it. I thought the idea of pulling the trolly round was so that the checkout operator could put groceries into it as they scanned, if they don't then the whole thing is pointless. If it is beside me I can put groceries into it at speed and sort them at the shelf. Otherwise I have no problems with them, and it is certainly quicker than waiting for the gossip at the checkout to finish. And at least they don't have charity baggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

The fast checkout is what I like about Aldi/Lidl - yep the staff aren't overly friendly but I don't think they have time to be - they are always running around packing shelves between cashier work.

What might make me reluctant to shop in Aldi is the recent introduction of their Tannoy system "Till 6 is closed" "Customers Till 3 is opening" over and over again really grates on me - I think it's another trick to get the customers moving quickly through the shop. But it's all a bit Orwellian and irritating.

But yeah a fast moving checkout is a plus not a negative.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,132 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I wonder would the OP consider online shopping instead? BB speeds may be too fast though :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Feeling better yet op ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,488 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

fima wrote: »
    God I HATE having to go to Dunnes due to their rude inefficient staff! Love Aldi, staff in the two I frequent are always polite and friendly. You go to Dunnes where I live and the staff are so busy bitching about each oher and the mangers they completely ignore you.

Also, as others have said, if you're not treating the packing like an Olympic sport you're doing it wrong.
    Thanks to the strategically placed bunch of bananas to slow them down I usually win :D and have card in hand (embossed writing side facing outward in wallet for the quick draw) before I'm asked cash or card.

I've always found their staff to be efficient but friendly and more than capable of having a friendly chat without breaking their stride scanning.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭Polo_Mint

muffler wrote: »
    I wonder would the OP consider online shopping instead? BB speeds may be too fast though :pac:

They would probably use the customer service chat function to talk about the neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭forgodssake

Polo_Mint wrote:
    Where do you work. You are my kind of teller 

Ha ha . If I tell you .....and all that !! The" I came out today for a big chat customers " who then realise their purse is in the car at the end of the transaction wreck my head! Life is fast paced now whether we like it or not .

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I usually lull the till operator into a false sense of winning at the battle of scan v pack.

They can only scan one item at a time, but I can pack 2/3 items into basket/trolley at once and do a speedy catchup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Almost as bad are women who, after placing all their goods in the trolly after scanning, seem surprised that payment is expected!
    They then prop their unfeasibly large bag half on their hip, like you would a child, and search for the purse.
    This purse is then opened, and with several looks at the till display, extract notes slowly and one at a time. It's like a Paul Daniels show, with the final reveal !
    Then comes the counting of change.....
    At all times the purse is kept close to the chest, in case someone else should glance inside it.. like a poker hand.

Now watch men pay, pull a ball of notes out of the pocket and almost throw it at the cashier...
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

I was a deputy manager in Lidl. The cashier was dead right here but maybe could have been a little more polite about it (taking the original post at face value, they probably were fine and you just took a strop)

There were two kinds of people that would complain about speed of service. The first would say ''I can never keep up'' I'd say no problem, I'll give you a chance to catch up if they were really struggling and hit subtotal (pauses the till speed check)

Then there were the frantic middle aged women who would get totally flustered shake their heads violently and say CANT YOU SLOW DOWN A BIT and totally lose the plot

I used to ****ing hate them. Idiots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭Peintre Celebre

Also what's the problem with them telling you to go elsewhere? I used to work in Currys and whenever customers would be completely rude and say they could get it cheaper in X I'd ask them why don't they just buy it there then? Some people are totally daft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Utdfan20titles

muffler wrote: »

If he uses a dial up connection it should work out ok

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Right, I think the thread has ran its course. I think the OP has heard enough. If the OP wants to reopen, they can contact one of the mod team.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement