Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on new setup

Options
  • 02-07-2016 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

I have been using an iStick 30W and the nautilus mini for a year now. I was thinking on upgrading, so it would be great to get some advice.

What do you guys think would be good for a new setup?

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭diyeys

I was thinking on Kanger topbox mini starter kit or Kanger subox mini starter kit. Are they any good? I don´t know the difference between them though.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

You are moving from a mouth to lung style (like smoking) to direct to lung style.

Is that what you are looking for, or would you prefer to keep to the same style?

moleyv wrote: »
    You are moving from a mouth to lung style (like smoking) to direct to lung style.

Is that what you are looking for, or would you prefer to keep to the same style?

Hi moleyv,

I would prefer to keep to the same style, mouth to lunge.

Thanks

Right, do you have a budget in mind?

There is a new version of the nautilus out called the Nautilus X. Now there have been a few people on here with complaints about it.

Another option is the joyetech cubis, there is a new version just out too called the 'cubis pro'. Again reviews are hit an miss here from people who like mouth to lung.

Another option is the eleaf GS air. There are a few versions. They are pretty cheap, and seem to have a decent following here, but also people who disliked them.

Those three are just the tank, its easy pick a battery/mod after. Another option is the Joyetech AIO. Its a pen style device, the built in tank is similar to the cubis and they take the same interchangeable coils. Since you are coming from an istick and nautilus I'd say you would prefer separate devices.

There are other options, someone else who is more into mouth to lung style might be along with more options.

The only mouth to lung devices I use are ones where you build the coil yourself. If you are open to that you can save a lot of money on coils and build it just how you like it.

I know people prefer the convenience of pre built though.

Would you prefer a built in battery like the istick? Or would you be open to using a removable battery device?

Thanks again moleyv,

My budget would be 80 - 100 euros. Reading your post I was thinking that I might try other vaping style like direct lung style. I would not like that to be a restriction, I just want something better than what I already have.

By removable battery you mean like kanger starter kit has? To be honest that is not a problem. And yeah I would prefer separate devices (battery and tank)

Thanks for the advice

• Advertisement

Well of the two kanger devices you mentioned, the top one is newer, and has topfill. Which is a lot easier, than having to take it off the mod and fill from the bottom like your nautilus.

I will say though, be careful where you buy. Some vendors really push the price up on the kanger stuff.

Add on about a tenner for a battery to go into it.

Other options for tanks would be an aspire cleito. Its a bit of a favourite around here due to its simplicity.

Then you could get a mod with a removable battery such as a joyetech evic mini 2, innokin coolfire IV TC 18650, istick TC 60w. There are plenty of options that take two batteries two for longer battery life or higher wattage potential.

Mods with a built in battery would be a Tesla 60w, innokin coolfire IV TC 100.

Have a look at some of that stuff, and maybe a few YouTube reviews. And say what price they are where you are looking and we will let you know if its a good or bad price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

diyeys wrote: »
    Thanks again moleyv,

My budget would be 80 - 100 euros. Reading your post I was thinking that I might try other vaping style like direct lung style. I would not like that to be a restriction, I just want something better than what I already have.

By removable battery you mean like kanger starter kit has? To be honest that is not a problem. And yeah I would prefer separate devices (battery and tank)

Thanks for the advice

Here is a pretty good set-up http://e-smokeireland.com/product/eleaf-istick-pico-kit/
    Battery for Pico 18650 flat top,I normally buy Samsung batteries but ESI is out of stock,they do have Efest 18650/35amp http://e-smokeireland.com/product/efest-imr-purple-nipple-top/
    Forget that Efest battery,I just noticed that it is a nipple top,you want flat top like this http://e-smokeireland.com/product/mxjo-18650-3000mah-35a/

Here is a couple of videos...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEQXPqy8gwU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h81Zcgz3jT8

Forgot about the pico! That is another great recommendation.

Forgot about the pico! That is another great recommendation.

There is so many out there,I just bought 2 x Pico's for €25 each from E-Dym in Poland,only took 5 days for delivery.ESI are nearly out of stock on all batteries,that is strange...

Thanks guys,

Plenty of good advice here. I am going to read some reviews and watch some videos.

Cheers

• Advertisement

Another question guys,

Any recommendation on some good e-juice for that kind of set-up?

Thanks

diyeys wrote:

What strength are you using now, and what juice. You may need to drop to 3mg or 6mg. And you might be better using higher VG percentage. Although with the Pico's melo tank and the cleito and the kanger tank, the PG/VG might not be too important.

diyeys wrote: »
    Another question guys,

Thanks

I'm not much good at recommending juice,my taste buds are shot,if using a low ohm coil,I would suggest getting 6mg Nic juice or lower,I use 6mg & I get a nice throat hit...

Sorry Mole we clashed at the same time...

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

I have a Pico and GS Air-M combo as my daily driver. It has no problem with 70VG liquids.

I've tried the Cubis and Nautilus X, but I keep going back to the. GS Air-M. It's much better, and cheap, to boot.

I also have a Joyetech AIO which I use in the car/out'n'about, and it's great too. It doesn't handle 70VG as well as the GS Air, bit it's not a problem unless you drag the arse out of it.

What strength are you using now, and what juice. You may need to drop to 3mg or 6mg. And you might be better using higher VG percentage. Although with the Pico's melo tank and the cleito and the kanger tank, the PG/VG might not be too important.

Right now I am using 3-6mg, so it´s all good. I don´t really know what PG/VG stands for and why is important, I will do some research. The juice I am using is Nicofresh and Wicked, but to be honest I find them tasteless and I don t think they are good.

Thank! Everything on this thread was pretty helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Tweedle Faduh

I recently moved from a istick 40 with a nautilus tank to a cuboid Mini. The first one I got wasn't working correctly but the replacement has been working perfectly and I love it. There's a 5ml tank and the mod goes to 80w. The tank is top fill so much more straightforward to fill. There's a choice of coils in the kit from -. 25ohm,. 5 ate both suited to direct lung. There's also a 1.5 for mouth to lung. Kit is e72. You can also fit other tanks to the mod. It doesn't have replaceable batteries but thats not an issue for me. Great kit overall.

As the cuboid can be used for sub ohm the difference in flavour between the nautilus and cuboid Mini is huge.

I also have a aio which is great, uses the same coils and I'm using a. 5 and gives a decent hit.

Pg is thinner and holds more flavour and gives more throat hit. Vg is thicker, gives more clouds, is smoother but not as much flavour. Using higher watts increases the flavour for high vg juices and these work best in sub ohm tanks. I tried a high vg juice in my nautilus and it was great, too thick and low wattage (10.5w) to get anything from it.

Advertisement