Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous Moderating - Gangland Thread closed, Gangland Feedback Thread closed

Options
  • 02-07-2016 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭

Boards.ie is wondering why the site is dying. The moderating in the last while has taken the biscuit. Moderators are banning on whims, closing threads, shutting down discussions.

Honestly there seems to be more moderators than users these days. The place has become a clique and complete unequal. The gangland thread is just one example of a vibrant, interesting thread shut down by an over zealous moderating team. I have received 3 infractions/warnings/bans in 24hrs for literally posting opinions that upset some mods that disagreed.

If you want a site left to come to then the admins would want to sort out the out of control moderating on this site.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Are you aware of the legal obligation of Boards.ie moderators/Cmods/Admins/staff are under while managing the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Let's be clear...

It wasn't a Gangland Feedback thread. It was a thread in Feedback about a 'gangland' thread in an unnamed forum which happened to be closed.

It was established what forum the thread was in & the poster advised to PM the forum mods. The OP's query (not relevant to a forum about site feedback in the first place) was answered. The thread was closed.

If you have actual feedback about the Gangland thread - you should discuss that with the AH Mods.

Your thread title is disingenuous, but you know that already.

Now, you'll have to excuse me, but I'll be AFK for the rest of the day - there's only so much oppressing one can do on a Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭WarZ

Such a dismissive and condescending attitude towards a user. You've just proven my point.

There is a serious element of mods looking down their noses at users and making snidey comments.

I am considering closing my account at this stage (although I'm sure you don't care I feel you're going to start seeing more and more posters do likewise)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I don't have the patience for posts & posters that are deliberately misleading. If someone has a valid point - I am all ears. But semi-sensationalist pot-stirring, no.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

No idea why you, or the other guy that opened a feedback thread, or the guy that opened an AH thread, didn't have the presence of mind to actually PM one or all of us. Especially after being told to do just that in the other threads.

As it happens, we were discussing reopening it yesterday. It being a Friday night, I imagine most or all of us were occupied elsewhere.

• Advertisement

Are you accusing me of being deliberately misleading?

I have a genuine gripe here and you act snotty to me and then accuse me of what is essentially trolling.

Great customer care

WarZ wrote: »
    Great customer care

I'd really like to knock this utterly bizarre notion of customer care on the head. You are not a customer, you are a user. We are not customer care agents, we are enthusiasts who give up some of our free time to contribute to a community.

So let's drop this nonsense about customer care once and for all.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    I'd really like to knock this utterly bizarre notion of customer care on the head. You are not a customer, you are a user. We are not customer care agents, we are enthusiasts who give up some of our free time to contribute to a community.

So let's drop this nonsense about customer care once and for all.

You have a duty to keep the users of this site happy. You are failing spectacularly at that.

Are you saying you have no duty to keeping users happy and returning to the site?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

You have a duty to keep the users of this site happy. You are failing spectacularly at that.

Are you saying you have no duty to keeping users happy and returning to the site?

It's clear you don't feel any sense of duty to not act like a whiny bollox. When you act like a whiny bollox don't expect people to be polite or helpful. This might assist you in your path through life.

It's clear you don't feel any sense of duty to not act like a whiny bollox. When you act like a whiny bollox don't expect people to be polite or helpful. This might assist you in your path through life.

Absolutely disgraceful. I want to see what (if any) action is taken against you for this comment and then I will close my account by the end of the day.

Honestly, there's plenty of sites where I can post without having to deal with these sort of comments from the very people tasked with preventing them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I would have spilled my coffee laughing if I'd had one in my hand:)
    I always thought mods gave up their time to ensure the smooth running of the forums, keep other users safe from obnoxious (can I say that word?) little people and protect boards.ie from litigation.
    ....and supply me with ping pong balls*

I never once assumed they were there to keep me happy.....amused at times,yes, but never happy:)

*This part may or may not be true.!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We are tasked with the smooth running of Boards and doing our best to keep this a healthy and engaged community. The key word is community, and just like every community, you have problem neighbours, or neighbours who you will never make happy. But irregardless the community will still survive.

You might not like how this site works, and you are of course welcome to post on other sites where you don't have to "conform". See how the anarchy works out for you

Fine, no action taken against Bollocko for clear personal abuse and admins basically telling me to jog on.

Closing account.

I think its best now to close this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement