Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Euro 2016 QF, Germany vs Italy 20:00 RTE2

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Snoozefest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭PeterTheEighth

yeah, he's so out of shape isn't he

You can be serious. He had played two minutes football before he scored that goal. Everybody else had played 90 minutes!

https://www.theguardian.com/football/live/2016/jun/12/germany-v-ukraine-euro-2016-live
    90 min: Schweinsteiger comes on, for Gotze. This is a man that hasn’t played a game of football since 20 March.
    92 min: GOAL! Germany 2-0 Ukraine (Schweinsteiger 90+2 min)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

SlickRic wrote: »
    Chiellini is brilliantly cynical in everything he does.

He really is. He's such a brilliant defender. I'd love Liverpool to sign him. I know it wouldn't happen or anything, but i'd love it all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Passing from the Italians has been very poor and they just can't get any sort of foothold in the game.

They've handled Germany well enough and if they can begin to string a few passes together I'd expect Italy to score

Edit : That was much better from Italy and should've scored

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Just think if they hadn't expanded the Euros to 24 teams we could have been able to focus more on riveting games like this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

Looking forward to Conte and Mourinho sharing a touchline next season. Should be a hoot.

Just think if they hadn't expanded the Euros to 24 teams we could have been able to focus more on riveting games like this one.

I'm actually enjoying this match, but i take your point. There's been some great stories in this tournament, a lot of them coming from teams who wouldn't been there previously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I think it's quietly gripping, the tactical match up is full of intrigue - a purists game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,360 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

This version of Thierry Henry The Pundit is entirely different to the Sky Sports version.

This one is actually quite insightful and interesting to listen to.

Very weird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Looking forward to Conte and Mourinho sharing a touchline next season. Should be a hoot.

Football is weird now a days.
    Some fans and sky sports news love this kind of rubbish. Its like a soap opera, and they want eyes to be scratched out.
    Id rather watch their teams, and the way they set them up, you know, the actual football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

This game is utter ****e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,205 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Kimmich has been very poor so far I thought. Oh and the BBC referring to it as a 'tactical battle' whereas the likes of the Croatia-Portugal match would be described as 'dire'.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Hilarious how Lineker and Shearer can't appreciate the tactics. All they want is goalmouth action - theyre like little kids compared to Vialli and Henry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Dunphy changes his mind more often than the weather. What exactly was he expecting tonight? These are two teams who traditionally play it tight in tournament play.
    Lovely game so far. Play it out for the draw now. Good lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Kimmich has been very poor so far I thought. Oh and the BBC referring to it as a 'tactical battle' whereas the likes of the Croatia-Portugal match would be described as 'dire'.

But it is a tactical battle as Germany have changed their system deliberately to counteract Italy.Both teams are pretty much cancelling each other out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ozil no-showing again.

He really needs to step up in the second half and actually show some interest in the game.

enzo roco wrote: »
    Football is weird now a days.
    Some fans and sky sports news love this kind of rubbish. Its like a soap opera, and they want eyes to be scratched out.
    Id rather watch their teams, and the way they set them up, you know, the actual football.

I wouldn't hold your breath if you're expecting many tactical battles in the Premiere League.

Dunphy changes his mind more often than the weather. What exactly was he expecting tonight? These are two teams who traditionally play it tight in tournament play.
    Lovely game so far. Play it out for the draw now. Good lads.

Dunphy is an idiot in fairness.His ridiculous level of idealism is really strange for someone who was a professional player himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,050 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Poorest game of tournament so far?

Pdoghue wrote: »
    Hilarious how Lineker and Shearer can't appreciate the tactics. All they want is goalmouth action - theyre like little kids compared to Vialli and Henry.

Vialli called it boring for the first 40 minutes and that's a guy whose country is involved.

The midfield are cancelling one another out. Hummels seemed to be the one player that had time on the ball to create something.

• Advertisement

Pdoghue wrote: »

That's exactly why English football, English players and the National team is suffering.

No tactical nous.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭LightsStillOn

Match is reminding me why I don't watch Italian football! Need an early goal in the second half to get it going a bit

Dunphy was a decent pundit around the time Italia 90. Sadly, the years have not been kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Dunphy is an idiot in fairness.His ridiculous level of idealism is really strange for someone who was a professional player himself.

Wait til the end and Dunphy will be lamenting the state of the game, mark my words.

But it is a tactical battle as Germany have changed their system deliberately to counteract Italy.Both teams are pretty much cancelling each other out.

Yeah but it's like they try their best to promote it as a spectacle to the viewer instead of calling a spade a spade like they would with the Croatia-Portugal game. It's been awful to watch so far in my view.

That's exactly why English football, English players and the National team is suffering.

No tactical nous.

Unlike the average soccer boardsie.

Match is reminding me why I don't watch Italian football! Need an early goal in the second half to get it going a bit

Serie A is not like this, the defending is nowhere near as good in general.There are pretty much the same number of goals in Italy as there are in all the other major European Leagues.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

In the interest of the game and everything I think Germany should score a goal now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

NIMAN wrote: »
    Poorest game of tournament so far?

nope, that was Croatia - Portugal by a wide margin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

It reminds me of why betting on draws in Italian football can be so profitable.

• Advertisement

Boskowski wrote: »
    In the interest of the game and everything I think Germany should score a goal now

On the contrary, a goal would ruin this perfectly balanced tactical duel. We don't want a game of football breaking out here.

that was some save.

Hasn't been Thomas Müller's tournament. Still time for that to change though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,847 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That could easily have been a red looking at the replay..

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

I see the 'ozil no show' comment has been brought up again, even though he hasn't put a foot wrong and has been doing an immense amount of tracking back and defending while also been involved in the majority of Germany's build up play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Geez, this is one of the worst games I've seen, are both teams playing for penalties or what? They both seem to be happy to just pass the ball around the midfield. Like a league game where both teams have settled for a draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I see the 'ozil no show' comment has been brought up again, even though he hasn't put a foot wrong and has been doing an immense amount of tracking back and defending while also been involved in the majority of Germany's build up play.

Timing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Özil assists the game by scoring

Ozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzil!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement

H8rz gonna h8

Lovely build up.

Brace yourselves, Arsenal fans etc.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭rm212

Hopefully this injects a bit of life into the game now, give Italy a bit of attacking urgency. Their passing has been terrible today... all the players seem to want to get rid of the ball as quickly as possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Should liven up now !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭enzo roco

Lovely build up.

Lovely pass from Gomez. And also movement by the full back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

A little bit of good fortune in the goal but I think Germany have been the better team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,360 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Brilliant by Gomez for that goal.

👽👽👽👽👽👽

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Game needed that badly.

That's more like it from Ozil.

• Advertisement
Advertisement