Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Mobile broadband

Options
  • 02-07-2016 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Anyone else having issues with Eir mobile broadband usage rates??

This past 2 months i have received messages from Eir that i have used up my 100GB allowance in 2weeks!!!! I accepted this first time and then downloaded apps on each device to monitor usage.  Got the data allowance exceed message again yesterday and compare to my own tracking which says i used 8.95 GB while eir reckoned i used 100GB plus

I have 4 devices connected to the router which is password protected (so no free loaders) No netflix or movie streaming or downloads, the internet is only used for web browsing, emails the odd skype call and some youtube on the childs ipad- Ihave all the backgroud app refresh and location settings turned off so im am at a loss to see where the 100GB is being used 

Any one with similar issues as i do think its on eir monitoring function - Have spoke to customer services a number of times with no success and they wont let me see usage data or speck to technical depatment 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

cladyman wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with Eir mobile broadband usage rates??

This past 2 months i have received messages from Eir that i have used up my 100GB allowance in 2weeks!!!! I accepted this first time and then downloaded apps on each device to monitor usage.  Got the data allowance exceed message again yesterday and compare to my own tracking which says i used 8.95 GB while eir reckoned i used 100GB plus

I have 4 devices connected to the router which is password protected (so no free loaders) No netflix or movie streaming or downloads, the internet is only used for web browsing, emails the odd skype call and some youtube on the childs ipad- Ihave all the backgroud app refresh and location settings turned off so im am at a loss to see where the 100GB is being used 

Any one with similar issues as i do think its on eir monitoring function - Have spoke to customer services a number of times with no success and they wont let me see usage data or speck to technical depatment 
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cladyman,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear you have been experiencing with your mobile broadband.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your mobile number and pin and I will take a look into this.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mozilla

Yes I've had the exact same issue, did you get a resolution?

2 weeks into the month I get a data cap error with only 40GB of my 100 GB data allowance used

My problem is worse as it happened at the weekend and there is no customer service for mobile broadband at the weekend. 

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭cowlick

I am having difficulty with this too, having used at most 50-60 gb a month on vodafone dsl broadband and that being on the high side eirs mobile broadband is averaging 5gb a day for normal family usage as per my eir router information, at this rate 100gb a month will not be enough! And that's a 3g connection as we do not yet have 4g in our rural area. 

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cladyman

At least im not alone!!

Still waiting on Eir to get back to me with answers - customer service wont allow me to talk to technical team (joke)

First time it happened nothing much I could do. Once my allowance was renewed i used a data tracker on each device and changed passwords on router in case of free loaders. 2 weeks in over limit usage message saying i used 100GB - reviewed all data trackers on each device worked out at 9.75GB used !!! Talked to Eir saying i had daily usage info and wanted to compare to their data - couldn't give me a copy but the guy on the phone picked random dates to compare, first date my records matched his 0.9Gb used that day - second date he gave he said 8GB used and no one was at home!!!

In the end i got fed up trying to deal with them so i opted into the 250GB cap for 60 a month to avoid the hassle, considering canceling the contract at this stage as they are to get back to me (as per message above 4 weeks ago!!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 34 mozilla

I've had to escalate my issue to the Executive Communications team to get my specific issue resolved. This was a painful process with over 3 hours of phone calls and online chat.

Before your next dealing with support, I'd recommend reading the Eir code of Practice which is informative in how to escalate a problem.

http://support.eir.ie/article/codeofpractice

"If you are not happy with the way we are handling your query or complaint at the first point of contact you can request to have the matter raised with a eir care team Leader."

The key here is that a support representative must allow you to escalate an issue if the issue is not being dealt with.
    On multiple occasions I have been flat denied an escalation by their support team so quoting their code of practice gets you to the next level.

In the end my problem was an easy fix (Change the billing date to the 3rd of the month), but I've being treated so badly by support there is a ComReg complaint in the works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭billo.d86

At least im not alone!!

Still waiting on Eir to get back to me with answers - customer service wont allow me to talk to technical team (joke)

First time it happened nothing much I could do.  Once my allowance was renewed i used a data tracker on each device and changed passwords on router in case of free loaders.  2 weeks in over limit usage message saying i used 100GB - reviewed all data trackers on each device worked out at 9.75GB used !!!  Talked to Eir saying i had daily usage info and wanted to compare to their data - couldn't give me a copy but the guy on the phone picked random dates to compare, first date my records matched his 0.9Gb used that day - second date he gave he said 8GB used and no one was at home!!!

In the end i got fed up trying to deal with them so i opted into the 250GB cap for  60 a month to avoid the hassle, considering canceling the contract at this stage as they are to get back to me (as per message above 4 weeks ago!!!)
    Did going for the 250Gb plan resolve the issue.
    Im moving house and dont have a fibre line in the new place as I do in my current house. So was cancelling the guy was saying I could take this option but getting cold feet after reading these posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cladyman

billo.d86 wrote: »
    At least im not alone!!

First time it happened nothing much I could do. Once my allowance was renewed i used a data tracker on each device and changed passwords on router in case of free loaders. 2 weeks in over limit usage message saying i used 100GB - reviewed all data trackers on each device worked out at 9.75GB used !!! Talked to Eir saying i had daily usage info and wanted to compare to their data - couldn't give me a copy but the guy on the phone picked random dates to compare, first date my records matched his 0.9Gb used that day - second date he gave he said 8GB used and no one was at home!!!

In the end i got fed up trying to deal with them so i opted into the 250GB cap for 60 a month to avoid the hassle, considering canceling the contract at this stage as they are to get back to me (as per message above 4 weeks ago!!!)
    Im moving house and dont have a fibre line in the new place as I do in my current house. So was cancelling the guy was saying I could take this option but getting cold feet after reading these posts.
    250 GB plan didnt resolve the issue but at least im not hitting the cap at any point in the month
    Still no help or feedback from Eir at all which is shocking -

billo.d86 wrote: »
    At least im not alone!!

First time it happened nothing much I could do.  Once my allowance was renewed i used a data tracker on each device and changed passwords on router in case of free loaders.  2 weeks in over limit usage message saying i used 100GB - reviewed all data trackers on each device worked out at 9.75GB used !!!  Talked to Eir saying i had daily usage info and wanted to compare to their data - couldn't give me a copy but the guy on the phone picked random dates to compare, first date my records matched his 0.9Gb used that day - second date he gave he said 8GB used and no one was at home!!!

In the end i got fed up trying to deal with them so i opted into the 250GB cap for  60 a month to avoid the hassle, considering canceling the contract at this stage as they are to get back to me (as per message above 4 weeks ago!!!)
    250 GB plan didnt resolve the issue but at least im not hitting the cap at any point in the month
    Still no help or feedback from Eir at all which is shocking -
    Apologies for the delay  cladyman, I will follow up on this now and be back to your PM shortly.

-Pamela 

• Registered Users Posts: 1 editorial16

Having just joined Eir I've discovered my mobile broadband bill for the 1st Month is over €450. "You have got to be joking me" I said to the agent. If I used anymore than 5gb in the last few weeks that would be excessive for me but there's no possibility to see usage stats or get a breakdown on this charge. Not allowing customers to examine where this usage is coming from is outrageous and anyone even considering joining Eir should proceed with the utmost caution and especially given the fact that I was threatened with disconnection in the same breath? I am truly sickened by this.

Having just joined Eir I've discovered my mobile broadband bill for the 1st Month is over €450. "You have got to be joking me" I said to the agent. If I used anymore than 5gb in the last few weeks that would be excessive for me but there's no possibility to see usage stats or get a breakdown on this charge. Not allowing customers to examine where this usage is coming from is outrageous and anyone even considering joining Eir should proceed with the utmost caution and especially given the fact that I was threatened with disconnection in the same breath? I am truly sickened by this.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]editorial16,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch & I'm sorry to hear you feel this way. Can you PM me your name & account number & I'll send you details of how to check your usage.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 oldbuilders2

Its frankly a wet response to the above messages that all you have to offer is to show them how to track their usage, clearly thats not the issue.

I am having a similar issue with my recent change over to Eir.  Eir tech cannot come up with any valid logical reason why my data usage would go up by a factor of 5, coincidentally the week i swap providers.   The assumption so far appears to be that I’m a twit and don’t know what I’m talking about.  But I have 6 months of bills with data usage of between 2-4 gigs from my previous provider "Three" (and many more at the accountants’ office).  Apparently, I’ve gone from using 4 gigs in 30 days, to 1 gig per day, it’s nonsense.  Its galling frankly for it to be assumed that it’s a PBCK issue and that Eir technology can’t be wrong.   Anyway, this problem was with the first of my business lines I was planning on transferring to Eir, it’s not been a happy experience, they are utterly blasé about this issue.  Since I’m in my first billing cycle I can't even view my usage by the day to look for a logical pattern, they say they can’t see it either till next billing cycle.  My usage metering on my phone shows the use of 3 gigs vs eircoms 17 gigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Its frankly a wet response to the above messages that all you have to offer is to show them how to track their usage, clearly thats not the issue.

I am having a similar issue with my recent change over to Eir.  Eir tech cannot come up with any valid logical reason why my data usage would go up by a factor of 5, coincidentally the week i swap providers.   The assumption so far appears to be that I’m a twit and don’t know what I’m talking about.  But I have 6 months of bills with data usage of between 2-4 gigs from my previous provider "Three" (and many more at the accountants’ office).  Apparently, I’ve gone from using 4 gigs in 30 days, to 1 gig per day, it’s nonsense.  Its galling frankly for it to be assumed that it’s a PBCK issue and that Eir technology can’t be wrong.   Anyway, this problem was with the first of my business lines I was planning on transferring to Eir, it’s not been a happy experience, they are utterly blasé about this issue.  Since I’m in my first billing cycle I can't even view my usage by the day to look for a logical pattern, they say they can’t see it either till next billing cycle.  My usage metering on my phone shows the use of 3 gigs vs eircoms 17 gigs.
    Hi oldbuilders2,

At this time, I'm afraid I'll be unable to look into your broadband usage for you at this time if your first bill has not been issued yet. When you receive your first bill, feel free to get back in touch with me here and I'll contact our technical support team to see if there have been any irregularities with your usage. You will need to send me a PM containing your number, PIN and full name and I'll check on this for you.

- Adam

• Registered Users Posts: 1 leemlne

When I was with Meteor using my Huawei home mobile wifi my data lasted ages. Now they have changed over to eir and it just goes. I can't believe how this company has treated me when I have made contact. Never has my data gone so quickly. Please don't use them because they really don't want to help. One woman even put the phone down on me because she couldn't answer my questions. When I complained they never even got back to me. How can my data usage go so fast? It really never went this fast. I'm worried sick about the bill as it is so high. If they put phone lines down our road obviously that would help but once again I spoke to a rude woman on the phone and she told me to move house. When engineer came out he said it would be so easy to do but they won't do it. Great help. Worse company going. I will never understand how overnight the data just went so fast. Useless!

Advertisement