Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jewellery design business my dream

Options
  • 02-07-2016 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi guys
    I wanted to know would anybody be able to help me . I love fashion and I woukd live to be able to design or get somebody to help me start up my own jewellery business but I don't know were to start . I know I would probably need to sit down with someone to design a piece for me 1st or what's tge best way to start out ???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

If you don't already know how to work with jewellery metals, stones, beads, and other raw materials, or if you need training in how to use the appropriate tools and equipment, you should begin by taking jewelry making classes at a craft store or community center, or scour YouTube for instructional videos and tutorials. There is a lot of information and inspiration out there!

If you are already someone who designs jewellery and you want assistance in making a business out of your hobby, you can talk to Citizens Information about programs for small entrepreneurships, and organisations like Kickstarter for funding once you are well along with a business plan and product ideas.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 chatter28

No I don't design jewellery I want to get someone to design a piece for me that I can retail to business as my own brand

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

chatter28 wrote: »
    No I don't design jewellery I want to get someone to design a piece for me that I can retail to business as my own brand

Oh, well, then, in that case, there are firms that allow you to license the right to "private label" their products. I don't know much about that, though, since my background is in actually creating your own creative merchandise.

This is were am stuck I don't k ow were to go to find out how do I get someone to design something for me to sell and brand as my own

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

chatter28 wrote: »
    This is were am stuck I don't k ow were to go to find out how do I get someone to design something for me to sell and brand as my own

Have you tried googling "private label jewellery"? There's plenty of companies out there who will do it for you.

• Advertisement

Has anybody worked with a jewellery manufacturers outside Ireland for jewellery?

Advertisement