Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage for self build in Northern Ireland

• 02-07-2016 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Does anyone know of any banks or broker that will mortgage a self build in Northern Ireland? Currently working in Dublin euro salary and have a site in the north with full planning ready to go?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

No chance any bank in ROI will provide one as they won't have any control over it because it's outside the State should you default.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

You'll have to apply to a lender in the north. Their criteria aren't as stringent as in ROI so you could be better off

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ray1972

Hi Cladyman,

I'm in a similar position, how did you get on? Any advice? I think Ulsterbank are the only foreign currency provider who will consider a self build in Northern Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 cladyman

ray1972 wrote: »
    Hi Cladyman,

I'm in a similar position, how did you get on? Any advice? I think Ulsterbank are the only foreign currency provider who will consider a self build in Northern Ireland.

Hi Ray
    Yes its looking like Ulster bank are the only option - but rumours that progressive building society may start doing them again this year. Im currently getting info together for the application with Ulster Bank word is they can be tricky to deal with as in they go into a lot of detail but upside is they seem to have the best rates once approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ray1972

Hi Cladyman,

Yep, a broker told me that Progressive should be entering the foreign currency self build mortgage market in the next couple of months apparently. Best of luck with your build.

• Advertisement
Advertisement