Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Skerries ~ a little tribute

• 02-07-2016 2:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

First let us remember the death of Doc John Hinds, killed in Skerries last year ~ I posted this on the forum last year;
    Just home having spent the day with the MCI team, my younger brother is the advanced paramedic you'll see on the bike.

I've no photos as such to post, it seemed inappropriate to go snapping photos. I'm only saying this as a witness and not because my brother is part of the team. But on being informed of Doc John's death the team pulled together very, very strong and threw themselves into the day.. Despite their obvious upset they never faltered, never missed a beat.

I really left today with a renewed respect in those lads and ladies, it really was awe inspiring to see them work despite the loss of their friend.

RIP Doc John.. I don't know how they'll replace someone like that.

Well my brother celebrates twenty years working as a medic at Skerries this weekend ~ My brother ;

390526.jpg

And his colleague, the late Doc John Hinds RIP;

390527.jpg

It was after last years racing that my son decided to scare the bejaysus out of me and tell me that he wanted to get a motorbike.

The seed was planted, and no matter what I told him he was getting one.. Now he rides a nice little SV650s.

Unfortunately I can't attend this years racing but my heart and thoughts are with all the MCI medial team who continue to do sterling work in Skerries and elsewhere.. May they have a quiet and incident free weekend.

Advertisement