Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Semi-feral/Farm cat with very swollen feet

• 02-07-2016 2:21pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

This morning I spotted a young unneutered male cat near the estate where I'm staying on holidays. He was lying/resting on the ground in a sheltered spot, when I went near him he let me pet him and he was very affectionate, but I noticed that his feet were very swollen. He didn't seem be in a lot of pain, but he didn't like me to touch his pads, even though he pressed his foot a little bit against a railing.

I know there's loads and loads and loads of cats that seem to come and go from a specific part of the estate, but I'm not sure if they belong to that house or to one beyond that garden, however I do know that they seem to be left to their own devices, for better or worse.

Now, my question - is there any rescue place/helpful vet that I could contact while I'm here to see if there's anything that can be done to help him?

South Sligo/Mayo area - feel free to PM me if you can't name the rescue/vet on thread (sorry, I can never remember if it's allowed or not...)

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Swollen paws on cats are rare and considered an emergency because they are usually due to an underlying condition. It could possibly be this http://oldmaidcatlady.blogspot.ie/2014/08/spotlight-plasma-cell-pododermatitis.html

I'll PM you the name of someone who might know who can help you trap the cat and get him to a vet to have proper diagnosis and care.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 77,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yikes, I do hope it's not that... I was afraid he might have an infection or even a fracture, but this sounds pretty bad... I'm only around a short while or I'd have taken him in and brought him to a vet myself...

Thanks a million for the info, Speedwell, I'll give that lady a ring as soon as I get back to the house.

Advertisement