Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buckled wheel

Options
  • 02-07-2016 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭

I have a buckled back wheel, its maybe 10mm out. I tried to sort it by tightening the spokes and before cycling with it 95% right, but it is gone again. Is it worth repairing or do have to buy a new wheel?.

Bearing in mind I only bought the bike 2 months ago and I paid 850 euro for it. So I dont want to spend major on wheels any recommendations would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

holdfast wrote: »
    I have a buckled back wheel, its maybe 10mm out. I tried to sort it by tightening the spokes and before cycling with it 95% right, but it is gone again. Is it worth repairing or do have to buy a new wheel?.

Bearing in mind I only bought the bike 2 months ago and I paid 850 euro for it. So I dont want to spend major on wheels any recommendations would be great. Thanks

I think Halfords/Eurocycles/CycleSuperstore (all dublin based: charge about 10-15 euro to true a wheel, so maybe your LBS would be a good option?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭holdfast

Cheers brother

Advertisement