Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for good set of precision tools

Options
  • 02-07-2016 3:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭

Have had a look at amazon etc and either they don't post to ireland or add a big charge.

i am looking for somme small tools so I can work on electronics. screwdrivers etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Have had a look at amazon etc and either they don't post to ireland or add a big charge.

i am looking for somme small tools so I can work on electronics. screwdrivers etc.

Why not use Parcel Motel / Parcel Wizard / Address Pal?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

You can get them cheaply on eBay if you're not in a hurry or too fussy about your position on Chinese-made goods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Why not use Parcel Motel / Parcel Wizard / Address Pal?

Most of the ones I tried added post to the parcel motel in NI, that combined with the PM cost was often near £10 so doubling the price of the tools.

Speedwell wrote: »
    You can get them cheaply on eBay if you're not in a hurry or too fussy about your position on Chinese-made goods.

Would you recommend any in particular.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

I do a lot of electronics repair, this kit is the best I ever bought.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-28722-Precision-Screwdriver-Pieces/dp/B009VYB8HA

Soldering stuff can be bought in maplins and spudgers and other prying tools are best from fleabay.

That draper kit can be bought from any draper stockist, check your local car parts shops and ask them to order it for you. About a tenner.

Edit to add, the draper kit comes in a small plastic box that will fit in your pocket, not shown in the pictures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭Speedwell

Would you recommend any in particular.

Well, no. I wouldn't recommend any cheap Chinese tools at all. But eBay sellers are often just drop shippers and you might find reviews of the same tools sold by other sellers, and you can see which ones get better reviews.

FortySeven wrote: »
    I do a lot of electronics repair, this kit is the best I ever bought.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Draper-28722-Precision-Screwdriver-Pieces/dp/B009VYB8HA

Soldering stuff can be bought in maplins and spudgers and other prying tools are best from fleabay.

That draper kit can be bought from any draper stockist, check your local car parts shops and ask them to order it for you. About a tenner.

Thanks for that. will have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

If over £25 shipping should be free on amazon.co.uk, sometimes its free just a little under.

I add in random things like t shirts or socks or food to get over the limit

• Registered Users Posts: 28,215 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

The ifixit tools are very good without getting into mental money, haven't had to replace a head yet.

I'd recommend the driver set. https://eustore.ifixit.com/en/Tools/Toolkits/Classic-Pro-Tech-Toolkit.html

Advertisement