Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amy Schumer, 3 Arena 26 Aug

Options
  • 02-07-2016 9:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,984 ✭✭✭✭

Only just heard about this - it hasn't exactly had much in the way of publicity. Judging by a quick check on TicketMaster, roughly half the seats are unsold at this time. Some left in Block D in front of the stage.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Is she really big here? I feel the same for Lou CK who is also struggling to sell out the 02. I suppose there no where else for there acts to play but the 02 might just be too big for them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,600 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Can't see this selling out. I expect a last minute rush of PR

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭storka

Anyone know what time she's likely to be on stage. Says 8pm but is this her on stage at 8pm or is there generally a warm up act?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭spektorfive

Do they do warm up acts? I never been to comedy at the 3 arena but friends have gone to them and they never mention a support act while talking about the show. Could be wrong like.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭Noise Annoys

Do they do warm up acts? I never been to comedy at the 3 arena but friends have gone to them and they never mention a support act while talking about the show. Could be wrong like.

No mention of support for the Louis CK gig but there were three comedians on before him, all American and each did about 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Yup, always a warm up in these headline shows in the US (I've seen a few there) so likely they will have the same formula here.

I'm surprised she's playing a venue this big in Ireland but maybe it's just me as I don't find her very funny.

Advertisement