Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to rent in Dublin

Options
  • 02-07-2016 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

? Am moving from Cork with my husband and 20month old. I've got a course which will involve a number of placements that could be anywhere between westmeath and kildare, and also blocks of teaching in city centre. Hubby hasn't got a job yet. Any info on best places for young families with good transport links, childcare, supermarkets and safe? Have a car but obviously that isn't going to be most convenient for every placement etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Most important question, what's your budget? Dublin rents are crazy at the moment and supply is minimal. By the sounds of it I would be looking at suburbs on the N3/N4 for access to city centre and your potential placements.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 susmac

athtrasna wrote: »
    Most important question, what's your budget? Dublin rents are crazy at the moment and supply is minimal. By the sounds of it I would be looking at suburbs on the N3/N4 for access to city centre and your potential placements.

Thanks for your reply. Probably looking at 1500 max. Any specific areas you'd recommend or advise against?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

Palmerstown is a decent spot to rent and very handy for the M50,N4 & the city centre. Most of the roads down around "Old Palmerstown" e.g The Oval, Palmerstown Ave, Turret Rd, Palmerstown Dr, Old Lucan Rd but finding somewhere to rent can be a nightmare as it is very much a settled area.
    Nice schools, decent Supervalue & Aldi , beside Liffey Valley, close to Phoenix Park. It also has its own decent park down near the River Liffey.
    Rentals come up from time to time around the place but as somebody who rented there recently you will be fighting for a place. I wouldn't be as eager to rent around the Whitethorn area as it is has an edgier feel to it being so close to Cherry Orchard & the less salubrious parts of D22.Make sure you have all your paperwork ready when you view a place! Lucan is probably easier to find a place to rent but can be pretty soulless ( in my opinion of course!)
    There are also a few nice estates around Clondalkin village also heading out towards Newlands Cross. Monastery Rd is nice. The village has great schools, an excellent leisure centre, GAA club,library Dunnes Stores etc. You would be handy for the Naas Rd, reasonably close to N4 and you have the luas park and ride for town! Don't dismiss it! There is more to Clondalkin then Ronanstown & Neilstown!
    I've pretty much rented all around the N4 and also rent out a property so I've seen the rental craziness from both sides. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

Islandbridge, dublin 8, 2 bed apartment. 1350 per month.

This one is very near where I live. Fairly safe area. Right across from phoenix park and a bus stop with regular buses into town. Its up behind Houston station. Nearest supermarket and childcare is an Heuston South Quarter, about 15 minute walk away. There's a smaller shop closer by.

having said that You could keep an eye out to see if something becomes available in Heuston South Quarter apartment complex. But I don't know what kind of price they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Noodleworm wrote: »
    having said that You could keep an eye out to see if something becomes available in Heuston South Quarter apartment complex. But I don't know what kind of price they are.

1500 would be the bare minimum to be in there...really overpriced. Kilmainham square up the road is nice too, slightly cheaper

• Advertisement
Advertisement